Change font size
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:28 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 16 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: What's going on here?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:35 pm 
Site Admin

Scroll right down to near the bottom. This is the poll in the Daily Mail. How come the warmists got there first?

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: What's going on here?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:55 pm 

Its calling on religion now, a religion invoking religion? - Is that a first??

And Durban, yep it makes me weep too!
Quote:
The United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) executive secretary said she would take the petition from the religious organisations to the of 17th Conference of Parties (COP 17) which starts in Durban on Monday.

The petition read: "We call our neighbours to treat the earth with respect, resist disorder, live in peace with each other including embracing a legally binding climate change treaty."

Figueres said she appreciated the contribution made by religious organisations to fighting climate change and urged them not to give up.

"I believe that the conference we are going to have in Durban will be a step forward. Please don’t give up. This is going to be a long process."

Religious leaders said they were deeply touched by Figueres’ speech.

Touched? Yeah, good word.

BTW, I voted .................. I'll be willing to bet some alarmist berk on Twitter or such has got hold of this groupthink games and kids [Connolley/Jones/Bob Ward et al] and green bollox.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:00 pm 

http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/TopStories/20 ... z1eyQ9c2fE

No chance of our government lunatics doing the same is there?

Warmists will definitely be getting there friends to go over to the DM to vote Yes!!!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:22 pm 

RAENORTH wrote:
Scroll right down to near the bottom. This is the poll in the Daily Mail. How come the warmists got there first?

View full article here

They got there first but it's who's leading at the finish that counts. I don't think many votes have been cast so far because my single vote raised NO to 14% and knocked 1% off the YES vote. Now returning to vote again via a proxy server!

Come on, lads! One last push! PDT_Armataz_01_02

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:28 pm 

It's not much of a voting system if it allows you to vote three times from the same computer, and I suspect not many have voted, as my votes pushed the total up to 15% NO

maybe they should of added a tick box for "don't really care", that would of been an interesting result

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:21 pm 

Just to amuse myself I clicked on a carbon trading Google advert in the Telegraph. After all, Australia must be looking for a partner. Last bit of news on the website dates from 13th October. Nought happened since then?

http://www.carbontradexchange.com/

Another link brought up this news:

"UN suspends coal-derived carbon credits"

The board said in a statement that the decision to suspend coal projects from the UN carbon offset scheme was taken because the rules used to calculate emission reductions had resulted in the creation of "artificial carbon credits".

The board said in a statement that the decision to suspend coal projects from the UN carbon offset scheme was taken because the rules used to calculate emission reductions had resulted in the creation of "artificial carbon credits".

Currently, the CDM rules allow coal plants to earn tradable emissions credits for improvements in power plant efficiency.

However, these improvements have proved difficult to monitor and verify, and the board has now tasked its Methodologies Panel with coming up with revised rules for clean coal projects ahead of its next meeting early in 2012.

Why am I not surprised?

http://www.businessgreen.com/bg/news/21 ... on+credits

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:12 pm 

Richard, it was the same with the DM in or out of Europe poll. The amount of people apparently selecting the "in" box certainbly didn't reflect public opinion. In fact the proportions between that vote and the AGW vote are suspiciously similar. I don't actually know anyone who believes in AGW.

Makes you wonder if there's a lot of desperate lefties (blue green and yellow) out to try and alter public perceptions...

Ain't working though...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:47 pm 

"How come the warmists got there first?" asks Dr North.

Easy. Because there are a lot of publicly-funded clock-watchers who literally have nothing better to do than jump on these things (in all likelihood to attempt to mould public opinion, as Not Rocket Science surmises). Plus a lot of sad, so-called individuals who do it in lieu of having an identity of their own.

The rest of us have, y'know, jobs. And minds.

cf. protests, marches, strikes, 'occupations', 'awareness-raising campaigns' and most other forms of left wing agitation.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:04 pm 

It's mainly due to the order of the response buttons. Put Yes first and the ballot result would have been reversed.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:48 pm 
Site Admin

Brian wrote:
It's mainly due to the order of the response buttons. Put Yes first and the ballot result would have been reversed.

And we are in favour of referendums?

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:59 pm 

RAENORTH wrote:
Brian wrote:

No Yes Yes No Yes .... What was the question again? PDT_Armataz_01_23

The Mail appears to do this quite often to check that its polls are accurate - a similar poll on capital punishment started off with a sizeable majority against until outraged readers began reading the poll more closely. It's an old truth that whoever drafts the question wins the referendum.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:30 pm 
Site Admin

Brian wrote:
RAENORTH wrote:
Brian wrote:

No Yes Yes No Yes .... What was the question again? PDT_Armataz_01_23

The Mail appears to do this quite often to check that its polls are accurate - a similar poll on capital punishment started off with a sizeable majority against until outraged readers began reading the poll more closely. It's an old truth that whoever drafts the question wins the referendum.

It's 80-20 percent now ... too late to reverse, I fear.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:32 pm 

The vote rigging is a simple matter of writing a 'script' to delete the DM cookie on your PC after each vote - allowing you to make continuous clicks on the chosen result.

In Firefox you can demonstrate this by opening 'tools' - 'options' - click the 'privacy' tab then on the 'remove selected cookies'. Scroll down to DailyMail and delete it (them). Go back and vote again.

Or, write a script to do the deletion for you automatically.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:14 pm 

Strange, it's disappeared! It's been replaced by a poll asking if you'd like Boris Johnson as PM! And its not on the page of other polls you go to if you click on 'All Polls'.

Were they getting the wrong answer? I thought the Dail Mail was supposed to be just right of Ghengis Khan.

AbuTrevor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:57 pm 

When it's a poll about something the government/vested interests want to come out on top they get their useful idiots voting. The most corrupted poll I've seen has been the one on smoking, forget where they wanted it banned next, that was on the NHS site, members of the public didn't get a look in, it was health professionals, so the vote in favour of the proposed ban was almost 100%. It was even admitted later this had happened, but didn't do another one and used the results for their own ends.

I saw the same in the DM not that long ago regarding the EU one minute it was a very high percentage wanting out the next the high percentage had changed to wanting to stay in. There was many comments complaining about it. It then disappeared.

I don't trust the DM for polls, the percentages always change when the DM is in favour of something and the public aren't.

Although corruption in public office has always existed it's now the norm and exists in every single government department, quango, local council, NHS and education, now it seems even polls are corrupted. Corruption is rife, how the public can stop these blatant criminals I don't know.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 16 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next