Change font size
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:23 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]
 Post subject: Reality bites
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:01 pm 
Site Admin

Picked up by Autonomous Mind, the expectation of increasing sea ice in the Baltic this winter has resulted in Sweden withholding an icebreaker from use in Antarctica by the US National Science Foundation (NSF). This comes after the dramas in the Gulf of Finland and the Okhotsk Sea, which have completely confounded the warmists who have been predicting ice-free passages brought about by global warming.

But, as AM reports, the increasingly bitter winters that have resulted in more iced over navigation passages. Having to deal with the real world, rather than the fantasy construct beloved of the warmists, the Swedish government thus wrote to US Secretary of State, Hilary Clinton, to announce that the icebreaker Oden (pictured) will be kept at home and not be made available to support the work of the in Antarctica, for the first time since 2006.

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Reality bites
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:48 pm 

La nina, the jet stream (low solar activity means jet stream south) and ocean temps mean a cold winter to come. My energy supplier has informed me of an 18% rise in my gas and 11% in my electric bill. I would laugh but im too depressed.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:23 pm 

Double dip La Niña leading to double dip depression! PDT_Armataz_01_19

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:11 pm 

As this link shows: http://calderup.wordpress.com/2011/08/2 ... ay-action/

it's the sun that controls the climate. CO2 is only a bit player. When will our leaders wake up - maybe if the Thames freezes over.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:41 pm 

Quote:
maybe if the Thames freezes over.

My highlighting.

We had a very frigid December in 2010, two consecutively [as] cold months this winter and this [above] wish may be reality.
Rivers have frozen over recently: Hudson refers to this as a;"once in a lifetime event" - oh dear Paul, how little you know lad - how so 'met office' on message, look here..............two recent posts - here and here geddit?

What a good little boy he is, alarmist through his core - like a blumin' stick of rock.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:43 am 

Derek wrote:
When will our leaders wake up - maybe if the Thames freezes over.

To regard them as our leaders assumes there's a common cause we all share but they have the clearer view and authority to enact it. I think they typically regard themselves as our managers, or rather under-managers eager to be of service and nullify nuisance dissent from the lower orders but answering to a higher authority. Anarchists might see them as settled brigands - they farm us - and in the case of the UK government, they can't hack being independent farmers, too much responsibility, they prefer to be farm managers for a combine - licensed brigands.

So forgetting ordinary ideas of leadership and them acting for our collective good, this Global Warming stuff is a rather fine wheeze; more taxes, more power, and all in the most altruistic of ends, to save the world. Not something to be let go of lightly. If the Thames froze over, it would merely be weather, and if it kept freezing over, it would demonstrate the need for energy security which kept all the government apparatus constructed to deal with Global Warming with changed names and was what they had been getting at all along, but were afraid to tell us.

Post subject: Reality bites
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:55 am 

The acid test, as far as Sweden is concerned (& probably also its EU neighbours in the Baltic: Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Germany, & Denmark) is whether Sweden (& the others) will draw the obvious conclusions from this, & decide to withdraw from the EU's AGW, ie global warming, fantasy. Sweden (& probably the others too) now know global warming is a fantasy - otherwise Sweden wouldn't be holding back its icebreaker. So they should surely be telling the EU etc so - just to save their money in these protracted recessional times.

But I bet they won't! Why not? Because there's clearly more to the West's obsession with so-called AGW (ie not just EU members, but senior elements in governments in the USA, Australia, Canada etc) than just using it to increase their tax base & to boost the profits of their national energy companies. No, they are likely to still be pre-occupied with the need for long-term energy security & the securing of their country's energy supplies far in to the future - despite being so close to Norway & its oil & gas fields, & Poland's shale gas reserves.

Just another example of all the contradictions, financial waste, hypocrisy, & lies that surround the global warming scam.

Watchet

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:03 am 

comet wrote:
Derek wrote:
When will our leaders wake up - maybe if the Thames freezes over.

To regard them as our leaders assumes there's a common cause we all share but they have the clearer view and authority to enact it. I think they typically regard themselves as our managers, or rather under-managers eager to be of service and nullify nuisance dissent from the lower orders but answering to a higher authority. Anarchists might see them as settled brigands - they farm us - and in the case of the UK government, they can't hack being independent farmers, too much responsibility, they prefer to be farm managers for a combine - licensed brigands.

So forgetting ordinary ideas of leadership and them acting for our collective good, this Global Warming stuff is a rather fine wheeze; more taxes, more power, and all in the most altruistic of ends, to save the world. Not something to be let go of lightly. If the Thames froze over, it would merely be weather, and if it kept freezing over, it would demonstrate the need for energy security which kept all the government apparatus constructed to deal with Global Warming with changed names and was what they had been getting at all along, but were afraid to tell us.

That's a very illuminating perspective, Comet, and nicely put too. I like it a lot. In fact, I think your brigand/farm-manager analogy has great potential in meme-space. It ought to be promulgated.

Get it into the mind of the ordinary punter that he's being bred, herded, milked and maybe eaten like some dumb animal and he might finally get the message that casting a vote for the liblabconartists is not exactly in his own best interests.

EDIT NOTE:
I was a little hasty. The 'brigand' aspect is important too; hence the edit. It pinpoints the parasites' position in the moral universe.

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]