Change font size
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:47 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Corporate looting
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:30 am 
Site Admin

Wholesale looting by the thieves in suits is not confined to the public sector. In fact, the looting disease was caught from the private or – to be more precise – from the corporate sector. Here, wages – or "compensation" as they quaintly call it – has soared to stratospheric heights, reaching the obscene levels typified by the grotesque payments made to BT chief executive, Ian Livingston.

Last year, this looter saw his bonus more than triple, taking his total pay package, including shares, to more than £3m. It thus can hardly be unrelated to see today the beguilingly simple headline "BT customers face higher bills".

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Corporate looting
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:08 pm 

Hmm. Price increases at the same time as we keep hearing the Government telling all and sundry that we must have super duper fast broadband even to the darkest reaches of the countryside.(Why? Presumably to climb up the league tables of broadband speed and coverage.) I wonder if the two are connected in the same way as the Government allowing energy companies to ramp up their bills to pay for eco-wibble.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:57 pm 

gareth wrote:
Hmm. Price increases at the same time as we keep hearing the Government telling all and sundry that we must have super duper fast broadband even to the darkest reaches of the countryside.(Why? Presumably to climb up the league tables of broadband speed and coverage.) I wonder if the two are connected in the same way as the Government allowing energy companies to ramp up their bills to pay for eco-wibble.

There are many things they cannot change because of the vested interests and the intransigent civil service, so they concentrate on the things they can change. This is what worries me about the future. Nobody who gets to power through the system as it is can really change anything once they get into power. All that will be left will be violent revolution.

Today the Housing Minister has suggested more people should live on houseboats to solve the housing crisis. It just gets more and more surreal as every day goes past.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:44 pm 

But how can you say that, inflation is less that 5% pa. Surely we are living through a unprecedented period of financial stability. I am therefore quite relaxed that my savings are paying less than 2.5% interest because I know the value of my money is being protected by that nice Mr King.
That's sarcasm, by the way.

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]