Change font size
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:40 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 13 posts ]
 Post subject: Tory splits?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:18 pm 
Site Admin

Do you remember when the mantra of "Tory splits" seemed to be the most dominant force in politics, with Labour in full cry at the very hint of them, and the Tory grandees pulling out all the stops to maintain a façade of unity?

And now we have the "coalition", with the Cleggerons totally at odds over a supposedly flagship policy. They are split right down the middle, yet somehow this is not supposed to matter.

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Tory splits?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:38 pm 

Quote:
the British people, forced as we are to suffer these posturing buffoons.

Not often I disagree with you Dr North, but here I do. The electorate are not forced to suffer as they do, they willingly vote these vile creatures into office. It seems, well apart from moaning & groaning on commenting in the MSM, the masses are content to be lied to, robbed and fed propaganda on a daily basis, so can you really blame the parasite class for taking the living piss out of us all.

The only ones to blame are the electorate, with the exception of myself, and I'd say all on here, of course.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:48 pm 

I don't think we can vote them out. As each plastic personality melts in the glare of its own incompetence, like the invasion of the body-snatchers, a pod pops open and another fully formed candidate pops out. Pick a colour for the rosette and it's ready to go.
I don't think we could get real people into Parliament.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:17 am 

SandyRham wrote:
I don't think we can vote them out. As each plastic personality melts in the glare of its own incompetence, like the invasion of the body-snatchers, a pod pops open and another fully formed candidate pops out. Pick a colour for the rosette and it's ready to go.

Then there really is no point in having an electoral system, no point in people voting at all.

If the EU has its way in years to come there won't be an elections anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:36 am 

Quote:
Quote:

Not often I disagree with you Dr North, but here I do. The electorate are not forced to suffer as they do, they willingly vote these vile creatures into office. It seems, well apart from moaning & groaning on commenting in the MSM, the masses are content to be lied to, robbed and fed propaganda on a daily basis, so can you really blame the parasite class for taking the living piss out of us all.

The only ones to blame are the electorate, with the exception of myself, and I'd say all on here, of course.

I half agree with Rosie here. I too have blamed the electorate in the past; meaning those days when it could have made a difference, only a year or two ago. It is only fairly recently that the Parties have become indistinguishable, one from the other, thus giving us what can only be described as a one party state...and that subservient to Brussels.
Now it is too late & it is 100% correct that elections have become superfluous...there is no longer any point.
Time for something new but it will never happen until we surprise ourselves by waking up.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:49 am 

OOPs.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:18 am 
Site Admin

rosie wrote:
Quote:

Well, Rosie, you do have a point ... the sheeple trudge off to the polls and vote for them ... but in this case they did not vote for them. No one voted for the coalition ... it exists without an electoral mandate.

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:19 am 
Site Admin

rosie wrote:
SandyRham wrote:

Then there really is no point in having an electoral system, no point in people voting at all.

If the EU has its way in years to come there won't be an elections anyway.

There will always be elections ... even in the Soviet Union, there were elections.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:39 am 

Of course, it is clear that our political parties, who play Buggins' turn to rule us, all think and act in identical fashion but hasn't anyone noticed recently that this applies to ALL the ruling parties in ALL western democracies.

I feel like there's a global ruling elite coming on whereby if they all say the same thing (however crazy) there will be nobody to argue with them . . .

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:41 am 

Even in the Soviet Union they had elections and the EU has taken a leaf out of their book.I picked up this link from Facebook;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3u9LB32 ... ideo_title

Pat Condell on the lack of democracy in Europe and the need for a revolution,quite good video,he has it right.Methinks Dr.North has been giving him lessons!
PDT_Armataz_02_11
PDT_Armataz_01_40

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:41 am 

Quote:
Public sector employers will have to pay an additional £259 million a year, although the Treasury expects to generate up to £332 million in taxes paid by workers earning more.

Not if they all lose their jobs! PDT_Armataz_01_42

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:33 am 

RAENORTH wrote:
Do you remember when the mantra of "Tory splits" seemed to be the most dominant force in politics, with Labour in full cry at the very hint of them, and the Tory grandees pulling out all the stops to maintain a façade of unity?

And now we have the "coalition", with the Cleggerons totally at odds over a supposedly flagship policy. They are split right down the middle, yet somehow this is not supposed to matter.

View full article here

No longer true, then? http://www.pressawards.org.uk/modules/entries/images/entries-00969-00556-l.jpg

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:59 pm 

RAENORTH wrote:
rosie wrote:
Quote:

Well, Rosie, you do have a point ... the sheeple trudge off to the polls and vote for them ... but in this case they did not vote for them. No one voted for the coalition ... it exists without an electoral mandate.

I'm not convinced that "the sheeple" exist. There may well be different levels of sophistication among voters, but to assume that those who bother to vote do so blindly is a mistake. Let us assume for the moment that, come the next election, [yea right] one party advocates swinging cuts and the other offers increased public spending. Given the number of voters (pubic sector workers, quango parasites...) that would benefit increased public sector spending, are they really voting blindly? In reality, their only problem with 190K/year public sector jobs is that they haven't got one.

The result of any election here simply re-orders control of the pecking order at the public trough. Be I a 200M bonus bankster, 200K quango head or a 30K mover of EU tick boxes - I still vote in my own interest. Politicians are just the enabling mechanism. The failure of "democracy" is that it legitimises the "re-distribution of wealth" in much the same way that a local war lord did a thousand years ago. I take a percentage of your crop, fuel and gold and hand it to my cronies so they don't have to work themselves - my cronies always vote and work for me for some reason.

Personally - I give us [the UK] till Xmas before "re-distribution" collapses. Then we can mock the "Sustainability Manager" as he is forced to eat his own fingers in order to stay alive.

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 13 posts ]