Change font size
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:37 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 11 posts ]
 Post subject: If only aid were under national control
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:36 pm 
Site Admin

How often have we heard this from many people who believe that the European Union could do with a bit of reforming but is, otherwise, a jolly spiffing idea? Well, maybe not exactly spiffing but not really all that bad, if only we could get some of those powers back.

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: If only aid were under national control
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:07 am 

I'm starting to feel like I could suicide attack Brussels. This psycho might just snap, and then stalk from office to office with an Armalite AR-10 carbine gas-powered semi-automatic weapon, pumping round after round into the colleagues and co-workers. That's what you get for funding Paly terrorism. How ironic.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:10 am 

I love articles starting with or titled "If only..............."
As Eric Morecambe used to say: "Well, there's no answer to that, is there."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:20 am 

Caroline Glick seems fairly plugged into Netanyahu's thinking:

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite? ... 2FShowFull

Why has no one raised the question of the emerging Turkish-Iranian axis before now? Does not this pose an emerging threat to Europe, particularly if Iran has nukes? My prediction is that Turkey, backed by Iran, will begin to reassert its influence in Central Europe. Ottoman II?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:30 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
My prediction is that Turkey, backed by Iran, will begin to reassert its influence in Central Europe. Ottoman II?

Wouldn't that be nice, particularly not in Central Europe where they were only for 150 years but in the Balkans? After all, the Ottomans seem to be the only people who could control that part of the world. Sadly, this is utter rubbish. There is no sign whatsoever that the Turks are even remotely interested in anything like that. Ah well. PDT_Armataz_01_36

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:31 am 
Site Admin

DaddyWarhol wrote:
I'm starting to feel like I could suicide attack Brussels. This psycho might just snap, and then stalk from office to office with an Armalite AR-10 carbine gas-powered semi-automatic weapon, pumping round after round into the colleagues and co-workers. That's what you get for funding Paly terrorism. How ironic.

You missed the point of the posting. This is not the EU but our own government. So even if you shoot up everyone in Brussels (something that I take leave to doubt) the situation will not change.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:10 pm 

Put another way, assumeing the palli's actually pay the Mullahs...we are in effect subsidiseing the Mullahs Nuke programme.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:05 pm 
Site Admin

FU (Fed Up) wrote:
Put another way, assumeing the palli's actually pay the Mullahs...we are in effect subsidiseing the Mullahs Nuke programme.

No, the Pallis don't pay the Mullahs - other way round. But there are other ways of helping the Mullahs.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:20 pm 

Quote:
After all, the Ottomans seem to be the only people who could control that part of the world.

http://emperors-clothes.com/bosnia/bat.htm

Quote:
My prediction is that Turkey, backed by Iran, will begin to reassert its influence in Central Europe.

Turkey and Iran's interests are going to be aligned with Pax Americana's as a weapon against Russia.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:37 pm 

Helen,

I read fragmentary bits of the english language Turkish press on occasions. Until now, I understand that Turkey is generally friendly towards Israel. There was the Davos “outburst”, plus I have seen an article questioning the continuation of the pro-Israel policy in the Obama era.

Do you have any view on whether such a policy change is really being considered ?

Is it the case that the US views Turkey as a conduit for normalisation of relations with Iran ?

Thanks,

ELF

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:58 pm 
Site Admin

A little hard to tell what Turkish policy towards Israel will be. At the moment, the general notion is that although there is the odd letting off of steam to placate the more exteme members of the AKP, the relations are too close for anyone to start unravelling them. What Obama and Clinton might do is anybody's guess. But you have a point ELF in that we have not looked at Turkey for a while and really should.

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 11 posts ]