Change font size
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:03 pm

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]
 Post subject: A new one almost every week
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:53 pm 
Site Admin

"Before we succumb to the oracles of doom, we should formulate a new scientific law: small fluctuations in scientific data produce disproportionate panic in the populace. Climate scares have become like health scares: there is a new one almost every week, and they get less persuasive as they multiply. "

So writes Felipe Fernandez-Armesto, in the Independent on Sunday of all places, speculating about the quite sun and the prospects of the world suffering from a cool spell.

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: A new one almost every week
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:19 pm 

Oh dear, the irony. The flu virus tends to be more stable and stays in the air longer when air is cold and dry.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:57 am 
My apologies if this isn't quite on topic but it looks like an outbreak of sense and is rather cheering if true:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2 ... ower-plant

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:01 am 

Quote:
The British Wind Energy Association said the enormous speed with which nuclear plants appeared to be moving through the planning process -

Oi! Who is speeding this through? Absolutely the right policy and action, but who is doing it? And why so silently?

While I'm on it, Oi! BNP a policy of racing for Nuclear power in order to get back to gas self-sufficiency (which would happen if we weren't pizinaway gas on base-load stations), with tax and planning breaks for Nuclear would certainly tickle my vote. A further commitment to CO2 capture through greenhouses so the bumper crops fund the technology, not the effin bill-payer would be a further vote-winner.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:18 am 

It is an accepted fact that the onset of Ice Ages are marked by warmer winters and less warm summers, the warmer winters increase snowfall and ice accretion over areas of the globe that affect our climate.

Those who currently subscribe to the so called global warming might just be in for an unpleasant shock ;-) no even I know it isn't going to happen that quickly! Those that seek the truth would do better relying on data from the past than their unreliable models?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:45 am 

Quote:
no even I know it isn't going to happen that quickly!

Oh yes it is PDT_Armataz_01_22
In Bath we had 3 days below zero and the canal to the George froze (2-3 miles). I'd not seen that in 15 years here and immediately started squawking about an ice fair, knowing that it'd never happen this year, but we can fairly confidently expect the same next year.
So wind up your local warmists by suggesting an ice fair on your nearest still water, if they say it'll never happen get their commitment to help if it does PDT_Armataz_01_22
For safety find a kayaker or two, they're all mad, and suggest they'd doing everyone a favour by skittering about the ice to see if they could fall through.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:24 pm 

"Oh yes it is PDT_Armataz_01_22 "

A small perturbation Sandy. When the Ice Age comes it ain't going to be just a little bit of ice on the cut in Bath ;-)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:43 pm 

Actually Bath, or rather the M4 corridor was roughly where the ice-cap reached last Ice Age I gather.
A musical interlude
Sadly by Tony Bennet, whereas the original by Fats Waller is much more fun.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:00 pm 

SandyRham wrote:
Actually Bath, or rather the M4 corridor was roughly where the ice-cap reached last Ice Age I gather.
A musical interlude
Sadly by Tony Bennet, whereas the original by Fats Waller is much more fun.

Yeah quite amazing. There are boulders on Cannock Chase that the ice flow brought down and still visible.

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]