Change font size
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:02 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 26 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: A match made in hell
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:22 am 
Site Admin

The thing I like about Bruno Waterfield is that he is one of those rare journalists who writes with a sense of outrage - his current target being the mendacious MEPs who infest the EU parliament. What is particularly remarkable, however, is the contrast between this and the faux outrage of BBC reporter Mukul Devichand on the rise and rise of the BNP, and its prospects for getting one or more MEPs at the euros this June.

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: A match made in hell
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:27 am 

I nearly wrote a letter to the DT saying that by being down on the BNP and treating them like scum was simply making them more appealing to the voters. But the political classes, which includes the BBC I guess, disparately need a wake up call, and shaken out of their comfort zone. I believe the likes of the BNP are the best way to do this, and giving advice to the establishment on how to overcome the BNP is counter-productive. The more they victimise them, the more vitriol they spray over them, the more attractive the BNP will become, or at least I hope. I hope they try to ban the BNP because it needs to get a whole lot worse to get better. UKICK were just too nice and moderate. Now, unfortunately, they are a joke.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:35 am 
Hey Guys

Surely nobody wants BNP candidates to be elected to the European parliment, what good would they do?.

suck more expenses out of the system to promote their odious ideas.

Vote for a honest party which promotes freedom Libertas.

To quote that old saying "You know it makes sense"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:36 am 
Give us some addresses so that we can hunt them.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:41 am 

Quote:
Vote for a honest party which promotes freedom Libertas

Come on you turkeys, vote for Christmas, you know it makes sense!!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:44 am 

What GOOD would they do?

Well, none, of course. We want them to do harm to the bureausaur. We know it can't be fixed by the EP. But at least the BNP have a destructive attitude.

You see Bill, to me it doesn't matter whether the EU can be fixed. I don't believe it can, but some people do. But my objection to the EU is that it is a multi-lingual empire. I do not require it to be destroyed (although that would be nice), I just want the UK to leave. What the others do afterwards is their business, so long as they have no more territorial claims in Europe, and will deal fairly with their neighbours.

My objection is that I don't want the UK, an independent and relatively successful nation for a while, to be part of it. Co-operate with the members on occasion for specific reasons maybe, but to be in control of our own destiny. I usually use a personal analogy. You might be in a football team. You play for ninety minutes, then go home for dinner. You don't take the rest of the team home and vote on what to have, or what colour your front door should be, or what fish to have in your fishpond. The team captain doesn't issue directives about whether you can leave the TV on standby.

I get on with my neighbours, but we don't all share a bank account. The business of the nation is to look after its citizens, and indeed to prefer them to those of any other nation. The idea of other nations having some influence (or worse) over things which go on inside our borders is WRONG, and it does not matter how wisely or effectively that control is delivered. The fact that the EU is a particularly ineffective, intrusive, inefficient bureaucratic farce merely adds to the offence.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:09 am 

Mosquito wrote:
What GOOD would they do?

Well, none, of course. We want them to do harm to the bureausaur. We know it can't be fixed by the EP. But at least the BNP have a destructive attitude.

You see Bill, to me it doesn't matter whether the EU can be fixed. I don't believe it can, but some people do. But my objection to the EU is that it is a multi-lingual empire. I do not require it to be destroyed (although that would be nice), I just want the UK to leave. What the others do afterwards is their business, so long as they have no more territorial claims in Europe, and will deal fairly with their neighbours.

My objection is that I don't want the UK, an independent and relatively successful nation for a while, to be part of it. Co-operate with the members on occasion for specific reasons maybe, but to be in control of our own destiny. I usually use a personal analogy. You might be in a football team. You play for ninety minutes, then go home for dinner. You don't take the rest of the team home and vote on what to have, or what colour your front door should be, or what fish to have in your fishpond. The team captain doesn't issue directives about whether you can leave the TV on standby.

I get on with my neighbours, but we don't all share a bank account. The business of the nation is to look after its citizens, and indeed to prefer them to those of any other nation. The idea of other nations having some influence (or worse) over things which go on inside our borders is WRONG, and it does not matter how wisely or effectively that control is delivered. The fact that the EU is a particularly ineffective, intrusive, inefficient bureaucratic farce merely adds to the offence.

Absolutely spot on.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:22 am 
Site Admin

Billwestall wrote:
Hey Guys

Surely nobody wants BNP candidates to be elected to the European parliment, what good would they do?.

suck more expenses out of the system to promote their odious ideas.

Vote for a honest party which promotes freedom Libertas.

To quote that old saying "You know it makes sense"

They would annoy everyone and tie the European Parliament into knots. A good thing. Now, for the last time, stop being a Libertas troll. Nobody is going to listen to stupid empty slogans.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:27 am 

Quote:
On that basis, if the established political classes are going successfully to take on the BNP – with the willing assistance of the BBC – then they are going to have to do more and better than sneer and denigrate their members. They are going to have to confront the issues raised by this party, tackle them head on and answer voters' concerns.

They can only sneer, denigrate, and victimise the BNP members and voters. The political paradigm the 'political classes' are defending is so absurd and destructive it can only be maintained with violence. The harder they strive against the BNP, the more they deliver votes to the BNP because it reveals what they always were anyway - monsters. If they do nothing they will only slow the BNP. The absolutely cannot go back anymore than the Soviet Union could go back on being a "classless society", it invalidates everything they have been doing for decades.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:28 am 

I quite enjoy these troll-roasts. They have the added effect of getting people to think concisely what their standpoint is. Mosquito's piece above may be a response to a troll, but it is still an inspired statement of his position and one that I'll shamelessly pirate and may even credit,.. occaisionally PDT_Armataz_01_22 PDT_Armataz_01_22

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:35 am 

Sandy, use it as you like, no need for a credit.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:01 pm 

How can Libertas be honest when they think the EU can be reformed. Intellectually dishonest is what I call that.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:53 pm 
I too give Mosquito's post the thumbs up.

Mosquito wrote:
I do not require it to be destroyed (although that would be nice), I just want the UK to leave. What the others do afterwards is their business, so long as they have no more territorial claims in Europe, and will deal fairly with their neighbours.
Yes, I see our immediate objective as being to leave the EU, not its destruction.

However, in my view it will have to be destroyed at some point. Our leaving could well be the start.

Maybe it will self-implode subsequently. I hope so.

But if it doesn't, what then?
Mosquito wrote:
... so long as they have no more territorial claims in Europe, and will deal fairly with their neighbours.
That's a big "as long as". History has shown .......... ?

Under the conditions that it continues to exist after our departure my money would be on a showdown at some point in the future. It'll be them or us — Boney or Adolf style.

Still, one step at a time.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:59 pm 
The EU can not be reformed,it is what it was designed to be,with bells on,a monolithic non-democratic bureaucracy.As such, its only consideration is maintaining and expanding its power.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:15 pm 

If the establishment hate them, then they will gey my vote. None of the main parties actually listens to ordinary people. A trumpet blast of disapproval in the ear and a severe twisting of their you know whats might, just might make them take notice and do something about topics that may be taboo in SW1 but are not taboo in the pub.

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 26 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next