Change font size
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:57 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]
 Post subject: Cynical and meaningless
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:50 pm 
Site Admin

There is a certain air of unreality in the pronouncements of this dying Labour government, viz the expected announcement from climate change minister Ed Miliband. Despite the fact that little Eddie is not going to see the inside of a red box past June of next year, he clambered to his feet in the Commons today to declare that there was a "solution to the challenge" that coal presents ion causing "dangerous climate change".

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Cynical and meaningless
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:05 pm 

For a quite brilliant ( I think) exposé of our unbelievable stupidity, check out:

http://www.city-journal.org/2009/19_2_carbon.html

...maybe the best non-tech article I've ever read on the subject.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:26 pm 
Labour are determined to make it as difficult as possible for the incoming Cameroons. How can Cameron back out of this since he has built the Tories as the hug a husky party? Only a few rancid Greens take this seriously but for brinkmanship it is wicked (in both senses). Thus do our elders and betters squander our toil.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:40 pm 

permanentexpat

that article agrees that carbon is a problem......which it ain't and that is the central problem with all this debate and the latest insanity from our gu'mint......They all assume that carbon is a problem, which is just insane.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:32 pm 
Gordon Brown has a message for the British people.

http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-images/ ... ownbig.jpg

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:45 pm 
Interesting and informative as usual, but please don't sink to the level of the Telegraph by showing cooling towers which, as far as I know, do not emit any carbon dioxide or other "pollutants" - just water vapour. Even nuclear power plants have them.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:48 pm 

Illustrates the level of 'debate'.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/georgemonbiot/2009/feb/04/christopher-booker-george-monbiot-prize

Quote:
So here it is: your first sight of the Christopher Booker prize 2009.

It is named in honour of the Sunday Telegraph columnist's amazing ability to include misinformation and falsehoods in his pieces on climate change and other environmental issues.

A desperate attempt to trash someone's reputation with impressionable children.

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 7:40 pm 
Monbiot is only parroting his fellow eco-nut, James Hansen (He of the "death trains"), who said that cap and trade is, "...the closest thing to the “Temple of Doom” our economy would face." So, no green shoots of original Monbiot thought or common sense to be found then.

I read somewhere that society may become fractured into two groups: Greenies and the people who shoot Greenies. Will someone pass the ammunition please?

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 9:15 pm 

The psychology of the shits leaving the sinking rats will be very interesting. I can't help feeling the public will want scapegoats, Gore certainly will. Hansen is toast and we'll fling Moonbat on the bonfire of hubris too.
Hmm, serious elfinsafety with Moonbat since all that oleaginous hot-air might go off explosively... still feeds the rain-forest :D:D

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]