Change font size
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:01 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 6   [ 83 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Now that you come to mention it / How about some equality?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:12 pm 
Site Admin

Now that you come to mention it

The EU parliament has heard a call for Den Dover, the disgraced MEP, to be treated in the same way as a social security fraudster over unjustified expense payments worth more than £500,000. The call came from Chris Davies, the Lib-Dem MEP, who has accused Dover of using allowances meant to cover staff costs "to buy cars and for personal gain".

View full article here

How about some equality?

"Fair cop!" as they might say, with the news that Tom Wise MEP has finally been charged with the criminal offences of false accounting and money laundering. His erstwhile researcher, Lindsay Jenkins, also faces the same charges.

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: How about some equality?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:13 am 

I see you're absolutely flooded with comments, Richard PDT_Armataz_01_22
As you are clearly aware, stories such as this one are ten-a-penny & surprize no-one. We have come so far that outright theft from whomsoever causes not an eye to blink...this is the expected behaviour of those chosen to represent us...not worth the comment.
...and Helen asks, although in another context, "Where does Britain stand?" I told her.
Ye gods!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:04 am 

On April 17th Simon Darby wrote http://simondarby.blogspot.com/2009/04/ ... -goes.html wrote ... the two people arrested in connection with the publication of the BNP membership list have had their bail conditions extended until mid June. ...[i]

On April 18th Simon Darby wrote http://simondarby.blogspot.com/2009/04/ ... pdate.html [i]... do I detect a pattern forming? I speculate as such because today we heard that the four men arrested by police in dawn raids last November have now had their bail dates shifted back until just after the June elections. You will remember that the "Lancashire Four" were dragged from their beds for committing the crime of exposing the embarrassing truths concerning the ethno-religious connection and motivation behind the heroin trade. ...

On April 18th Nigel Farage quizzed about Libertas and defected/ejected party members on BBC Radio 4 http://news.bbc.co.uk/today/hi/today/ne ... 005538.stm

On April 20th Ian Dale wrote http://iaindale.blogspot.com/2009/04/jo ... io-at.html ... [former Talksport host Jon Gaunt] is returning to the nation's, nay, the world's airwaves at 10am this morning with a new internet radio talkshow via The Sun Website. David Cameron is his first guest. ...

There was also a most sympathetic interview of Libertas' UK leader on BBC Radio 4 where the BNP were not mentioned.

Continuous negative publicity about BNP before an election.
Potentially negative publicity about UKIP before an election.
Potentially positive publicity about BNP delayed until after an election.
Conservatives promoted to potential BNP/UKIP voters via The Sun.

Could these be actions in concert?
If so, organised by whom?
Would such individuals commit electoral fraud as well?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:21 pm 

Bert Rustle wrote:

Continuous negative publicity about BNP before an election.
Potentially negative publicity about UKIP before an election.
Potentially positive publicity about BNP delayed until after an election.
Conservatives promoted to potential BNP/UKIP voters via The Sun.

Could these be actions in concert?
If so, organised by whom?
Would such individuals commit electoral fraud as well?

I don't think it needs orchestration anymore than Catholics crossing themselves needs orchestrated control to explain it.

It's ingrained in the Beeb and most of the MSM that UKIP are nutcases and very bad (anti EU) and the BNP are unspeakably wicked. No further thought required and the actions to deal with them are automatic.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:54 pm 
Interesting as this is, there is a difference between concealing things and being open about them. Whatever we think about Den Dover's activities, he wasn't paying his assistant a proportion of the money that was going into his own bank account - which is what Tom Wise is being accused of doing. And Tom Wise has yet to be found guilty, so we await a verdict ...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:56 pm 
Site Admin

EDLP wrote:
Interesting as this is, there is a difference between concealing things and being open about them. Whatever we think about Den Dover's activities, he wasn't paying his assistant a proportion of the money that was going into his own bank account - which is what Tom Wise is being accused of doing. And Tom Wise has yet to be found guilty, so we await a verdict ...

Theft (alleged or otherwise) is still theft, however it is dressed up.

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:34 pm 
It is interesting that a MEP of one of the smaller parties - or none in this case since Wise was expelled from UKIP some time ago - should be charged whilst Tories, Labour and DimLibs get away with it. It brings to mind the prosecution of UKIP by the Electoral Commission when the party made an unintended error in accepting a donation from one of its frequent donors - Alan Bown - during a period when he was inadvertenntly missing from the Electoral Register. If the judge in the case had been less forgiving of an honest mistake, UKIP might well have been destroyed with a huge fine. We have heard about the vast sums that other parties have failed to declare, but nothing seems to happen to them. Looks like a conspiracy to me.

Post subject: Re: Now that you come to mention it / How about some equality?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:22 am 
You're assuming that the Conservative Party is actually a functioning, rational, political entity.

It appears, from these thousands of miles away, that they expect to be ushered in on the coat-tails of Gordon's unpopularity. They are in the bubble. They will be rudely shocked and Boy Windmill will have to go.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:24 am 

Permanentexpat wrote

Quote:
I see you're absolutely flooded with comments, Richard

I don't know if it's been said before, but I don't think you should confuse recent lack of comment with disinterest. I'm sure everyone is still as interested as ever they were .. but if they're at all like me - who has waited for years for this shower of sh**e to hoist themselves by their own petard - they're just sitting back and smiling.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:17 am 

The Green Tosser does nothing that is not focus group driven and then triangulated to death, that's why he never responds to events, until days later. He is a pure product of PR driven politics, which has done so much to ruin all political life.

Instinct, gut feel, common sense, morality, rectitude have been driven out of all political life, by spin doctors and PR operators. Lieing is just a way of life to these people, which of course worked for a while, because many still believed what they were told, but now so many of the lies have been exposed, that all trust is gone and only contempt remains.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:45 pm 
Until the cosy club is broken up and a real party gets power we will continue to see this sort of behaviour on a regular basis.

Libertas is the only European party who has commited to full transparency over MEP expenses.Stop he gravy train now.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:26 pm 

How can you say you'll vote Libertas when you don't even know if they'll field a candidate in your area?

I have to say that UKIP stunt with the Name was Damn shady though

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:10 pm 
grey

Libertas will be fielding candidates right across the UK.

Have a look at the website.

www.libertas.eu

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:09 am 
Billwestall wrote:
Libertas is the only European party who has commited to full transparency over MEP expenses.

:lol:

A student* wrote:
Libertas wants democracy: not one European Union law should be passed without a positive vote in the European Parliament. Laws have to be approved, either by a national parliament and or the European Parliament. Laws made by unaccountable, unelected civil servants do not belong to a democracy.

(a) Outline the necessary conditions for any EU Parliament to be democratic.

(b) Explain the flaw in the student's argument above.

Hint: Pay particular attention to the role of the implied demos.

........................................................................................[5 marks]

* Libertas policy

P.S. Happy St George's Day everybody.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:55 am 
Site Admin

Billwestall wrote:
Until the cosy club is broken up and a real party gets power we will continue to see this sort of behaviour on a regular basis.

Libertas is the only European party who has commited to full transparency over MEP expenses.Stop he gravy train now.

By all means vote for the one party that openly advocates European integration. As for transparency, they all promise that until they get in.

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 6   [ 83 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next