Change font size
It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:04 am

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 15 posts ]
 Post subject: The greatest lie ever told
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:14 am 
Site Admin

I had planned to do this earlier yesterday, but had software problems that needed fixing. I could, of course, have used the laptop – if I had one. But that got nicked last week in yet another burglary we have had to suffer. At least we are not alone. Victim support told me they have never been so busy. Since the recession started, burglaries have increased massively.

Anyhow, the theme is the Booker column and the climate change scam, in particular the myth of rising sea levels which we now discover is "the greatest lie ever told".

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: The greatest lie ever told
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:29 am 

There are of course many examples around the world of sea levels falling relative to the land masses, Scandinavia and Tasmania to mention two, then where sea is rising relative to the land eg Holland and parts of Germany caused by the Scandinavian land masses rising from isostatic bounce and a stretching of the lowlands. An easy trap for those wishing to advocate the scare to fall into?

Morner has obviously done his homework and knows the truth about sea levels and will not be welcome at the IPCC.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:48 am 
What I find disconcerting about this article is the EUs willingness to throw money at the Maldives and a non-existent problem. As I say, disconcerting, NOT surprising. The EU has a history of wasting money in various projects and schemes around the world, the capital for which comes from the European taxpayer.

The way that the EU is currently run continues to amaze me in terms of waste and bureaucracy.

Since Libertas have entered into the arena, with commitments to streamlining the EU, cut bureaucracy, increase democracy and increase accountability, a little of my faith in European politics has been restored.

Their mailing list at www.libertas.eu, is particularly useful in keeping up to date with the latest in Eurocrats allocating money to false causes and lining their own pockets.

The EU has the potential to be an efficient organisation which works for the people of Europe, not against them, and I therefore hope that Libertas get the support they need from across Europe in order to prevent this sort of undemocratic nonsense from shaping the future of the EU.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:58 am 

"The EU has the potential to be an efficient organisation", no, it has not. It is structured in such a way that it cannot possibly do as you would like. Europe is not the problem, the EU is!

Derek

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:06 am 

No, it cannot be reformed. And even if it could, it would still be evil. Just evil and efficient.

Evil? Too strong a word? I don't think it is too strong, for in my opinion the essence of the EU is that it has unstated aims which few of its subjects would sign up to. Until its aims are clear and stated unequivocally, with a constitution which limits its powers and aspirations, it cannot be trusted.

And even if it could be trusted, the UK is a grown-up country, and does not need to share its sovereignty with a club of other nations over which we seek no dominion and with whom we therefore need to dilute none of our hard-won rights.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:42 am 
Site Admin

sanehumanbeing wrote:
Since Libertas have entered into the arena, with commitments to streamlining the EU, cut bureaucracy, increase democracy and increase accountability, a little of my faith in European politics has been restored.

Er? And how do you "increase democracy" in a construct which is fundamentally undemocratic?

Are you chasing after barking cats?

http://eureferendum.blogspot.com/2004/0 ... -cats.html

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: The greatest lie ever told
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:47 am 

The flooding of parts of tiny Tuvalu (26 sq km, that's all it is) has happened. I have seen the pictures.

But the mature approach to a situation like this is not to moan & groan, & involve everyone else in Tuvalu's distress. Instead, the mature approach is to work with nature, provide assistance for flood barriers where necessary, elevated roadways where these have been cut in a few places by high tides, & protect existing freshwater sources from possible saltwater incursion again during unusually high tides. After all, it's not a big place (26 sq km), only has about 7,000 (Polynesian - ie Pacific island-dwelling) people in it, & its economy is dependent on aid, stamp-collectors, & a small amounts of remittances from its citizens overseas for its income. Ie, not really what you would call a natural country!

The absurdity is that such a tiny place as Tuvalu only has a loudish voice because it is a nation - one of the world's tiniest! If it was just a separate region of a genuinely viable nation, that nation would help it solve its problems. And there wouldn't therefore be all this excessive gnashing of teeth over a few high tides that the people there would have had to face before over the many centuries that their very low-lying coral atolls have been populated.

And if they don't like the occasional flood, there is plenty of spare room for 7,000 more people in many of the neighbouring countries.

Watchet

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:02 pm 

sanehumanbeing wrote:
European taxpayer ... the way the EU is currently run continues to amaze me ... the people of Europe ....

If something amazes me, I always assume it it because I am missing some background information. And I set about finding out why this amazing thing continually occurs.

Peoples of Europe, not people. There is no uniform demos, so there can never be democracy at the EU level.

I'm not a European taxpayer. I am a British taxpayer

sanehumanbeing wrote:
useful in keeping up to date with the latest in Eurocrats allocating money to false causes and lining their own pockets

A hopeless task, there must be thousands of scams ongoing. The answer is simple - we get out.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:11 pm 

Anything that produces the CFP and then meets out the kind of coercive terror that those poor fishermen have been subjected to, all right minded people should reject. Such behavior should trump any and all arguements in favour of the EU, it is an evil organisation.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:07 pm 

Just what the world economy needs....

U.N. 'Climate Change' Plan Would Likely Shift Trillions to Form New World Economy

Friday, March 27, 2009
By George Russell

A United Nations document on "climate change" that will be distributed to a major environmental conclave next week envisions a huge reordering of the world economy, likely involving trillions of dollars in wealth transfer, millions of job losses and gains, new taxes, industrial relocations, new tariffs and subsidies, and complicated payments for greenhouse gas abatement schemes and carbon taxes — all under the supervision of the world body.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,510937,00.html

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:03 pm 

Charles Johnson at http://www.littlegreenfootballs.com questions Booker's source -
Quote:
Verdict: there may be credible scientists raising valid objections to anthropogenic climate change theory, but Nils-Axel Mörner is not one of them. He’s a raving kook.
I'm curious how the research into Morner you and/or Booker surely did allowed you to stand behind his views enough to base your article upon them?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:51 pm 

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2009/03/19/d ... #more-6338

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:21 pm 

FK wrote:
Charles Johnson at http://www.littlegreenfootballs.com questions Booker's source -
Quote:
Verdict: there may be credible scientists raising valid objections to anthropogenic climate change theory, but Nils-Axel Mörner is not one of them. He’s a raving kook.
I'm curious how the research into Morner you and/or Booker surely did allowed you to stand behind his views enough to base your article upon them?

I posted the link on LGF linkviewer and it got elevated to the front page, but not in a favourable light.

Apparently Dr. Morner is some sort of proponent of Dowsing or "Water witching" whatever that may be, and there are links to some questionable archeology as well, finaly he was interviewed by Larouch, who is a well known nutter, I'm not sure why one interview qualifies Morner as an "associate of Larouch" but I wonder if Morner knew who he was talking to?

Regardless, it is Ad Hominem, no one is reviewing his data, just casting aspersions as to his kookiness, but one wonders about the reliability of any science put forth by a water witch, if that is true.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:19 am 
As an American constantly bombarded by the "green" revolution I can tell you that no scientist, Dr., or world reknown expert can change the minds of our brainwashed population. Under the guise of saving the planet, the left wing of our country has effectively driven home the message of global warming and climate change. If it is too hot, global warming, too cold, global warming, no rain, global warming, too much rain, global warming; ice, snow, hurricanes, tornadoes, floods, drought, fires, you name it, global warming. The true effort is not to try and save the planet, but rather to soften our brains and allow a doorway for the left to project all of their ideology. We are truely on the path to Orwell's 1984 or Fahrenheit 451. Government control is the antidote for democracy. The sea levels will naturally rise and fall, and we will always be one meteor or super-volcano away from extinction, but the slow and painfull erosion of our freedom to choose and the melting away of our right to decide what is best for ourselves is the true casualty of global warming.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:09 am 
A raging kook? Why? because he has studied sea levels all his professional career?

Your link is un-authored. It follows the typical warmists approach of ad hominem venom. It doesn't address his record of study of sea levels, just calls him names.

Al Giore, the post-modern Elmer Gantry, has a lot to answer for.

There will be a reckoning........

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 15 posts ]