Change font size
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:46 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 16 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: From a distant planet …
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:07 pm 
Site Admin

The point, very much tongue-in-cheek, about Hannan was that the EU parliament is a black hole when it comes to media coverage. What should have got some considerable attention in the media was almost totally ignored by a class of political hacks that is irredeemably parochial in outlook. Meanwhile, my co-editor goes to the Czech Republic and the government falls. Now that she is back in the country, she is hoping to repeat the effect here, with a piece later today on the glorious affair where, as England Expects reports, EU presidency functions now fall to Vaclav Klaus. The "colleagues" are spitting with fury and are almost at a state where they are contemplating issuing black armbands.

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: From a distant planet …
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:24 pm 

Hannan is on Drudge as well,.......his speech is all over the Net. This may be one of the times that our MSM is caught badly flat footed , as his speech is likely to have a huge impact longer term, as more and more see it.

Many are rightly saying, how come no Tory has managed to make such a speech.

Plus we have a failed 40 yr Gilt auction tdy, only 0.93 % covered.

The Klaus news tho' is a beauty......it'll send 'em bonkers.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:37 pm 

Pöttering today told the press that he cannot image 10 million Chechs standing up against 490 million Europeans (meaning the possible rejection of the Lisbon treaty).

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:42 pm 

Pottering, ugggh that damned Fascist and I mean a real living and breathing Fascist, coming out with that wanton lie once more, reminds of those Union leaders holdong up their hands to vote and someone saying 3.6 million votes for ...., what a anti-democratic piece of turd that man is, one of the first against the wall if we ever have the balls to do something about these Fascists... I hope.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:23 pm 
Site Admin

Daffersd wrote:
Pottering, ugggh that damned Fascist and I mean a real living and breathing Fascist, coming out with that wanton lie once more, reminds of those Union leaders holdong up their hands to vote and someone saying 3.6 million votes for ...., what a anti-democratic piece of turd that man is, one of the first against the wall if we ever have the balls to do something about these Fascists... I hope.

Just put it about that he has an Aga at home ... the Greenies will do the rest.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree ... dan-oneill

Mind you, Booker has one at well. Shhhhhhhhhh!

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:31 pm 

So how far-reaching is the authorization the Czech President can give a Czech Government that is under resignation? Article 62 of their constitution is not really clear..
http://www.hrad.cz/en/czech-republic/co ... e-cr.shtml

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:58 pm 

Hmmmm, not sure about the 'tongue in cheek' bit - I reckon the old Hannanhate took over again.

More importantly, was Hannan's speech deliberately meant to give the translators three minutes of hell? Poor blighters! Words and phrases they surely won't have heard before.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:07 pm 

Quote:
Just put it about that he has an Aga at home ... the Greenies will do the rest.

Now that is worth trying, just have to work out some devious way to get its to that other fascist, the Green one who ambushed Vaus Klaus, I can picture them strangling each other, worth a try.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:43 pm 

Daffersd wrote:

He is! A Scheiß Deutscher! Think about the fact that he nominally is the president of a parliament. And in this position one's job is to supervise the democratic process above party lines in the parliament and especially not threaten political enemies or 'citizens' in general.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:36 pm 

When will the tumbrels roll? Maybe if we all meditate, we can will the process into action?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:43 pm 
"Pöttering today told the press that he cannot image 10 million Chechs standing up against 490 million Europeans (meaning the possible rejection of the Lisbon treaty)."

Reminds me of the Lone Ranger and Tonto joke.When surrounded by hostile "native Americans",the LR says to Tonto,"What are we going to do".
Tonto replies "Who's we paleface"? Old but apt.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:19 pm 
Surely the biggest hypocrite is Hannan himself. He denounces Brown's big borrowing, big spending plans (and does so with admirable eloquence) but he remains a devotee of Obama who has even bigger plans for borrowing and spending.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:40 pm 
Instapundit: "I note, however, that Hannan is willing to give Obama more time before turning against him, despite the seeming similarity between Brown’s economic policies and Obama’s."
http://pajamasmedia.com/instapundit/74644/

Exactly.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:16 pm 
Site Admin

DB1 wrote:
Instapundit: "I note, however, that Hannan is willing to give Obama more time before turning against him, despite the seeming similarity between Brown’s economic policies and Obama’s."
http://pajamasmedia.com/instapundit/74644/

Exactly.

One mustn't be unkind to the much-revered Mr Hannan ... he is a modern-day hero. And his views are up to 260,143.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:50 pm 
RAENorth said: "One mustn't be unkind to the much-revered Mr Hannan ..."

Well, that's a turn up for the books.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 16 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next