Change font size
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:01 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 12 posts ]
 Post subject: A collective of greenies
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:26 am 
Site Admin

The wonderful thing about being an eco-warrior is that your world vision allows you to see things in black and white … capitalism is baaaad, recycling is goooood, etc., etc., (never mind that one depends on the other). Rather like Conservatives, Europhiliacs and other faith-driven believers, there are no greys. One tiny problem for those zealots intent on wiping away the tears of Mother Earth, however, is that the closer they get to real-life implementation of their fantasies, the more that problems begin to stack up – the Severn barrage being one classic example.

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: A collective of greenies
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:45 am 
A compost of enviromentalists
A dearth of enviromentalists
A herd of enviromentalists
A recycle of enviromentalists
A toilet tissue of enviromentalists
A forest of enviromentalists
A suburb of enviromentalists
A swamp of enviromentalists
A starvation of enviromentalists
A puss-laden boil of enviromentalists
A gymnasium of enviromentalists
A congregation of enviromentalists
An environment of enviromentalists

{Note: speeling is deliberate]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:04 am 
A runway of enviromentalists
An airport of enviromentalists
An hysteria of enviromentalists
A self-loathing of enviromentalists

[I could go on}

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:14 am 

Robert of Ottawa wrote:

A toilet tissue of enviromentalists

Funny you should mention toilet tissue.

America's luxury loo paper addiction 'harm's' the planet.

Apparently the obsession with extra-soft toilet paper is more harmful to the environment than even gas guzzling cars, campaigners claimed yesterday. Thousands of trees are cut down each year to satisy the US demand for expensive quilted and multi-ply paper. The chemicals used in manufacture also release toxic fumes into the atmosphere.

I know the greenies have always talked s**t so I suppose it comes as no surprise that they're now trying to control how we deal with ablutions. Next they'll be telling us how many times we can go and how many flushes are allowed.

The newspapers will come in handy though :lol: it's all they're fit for now.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:19 am 
Site Admin

rosie wrote:
I know the greenies have always talked s**t so I suppose it comes as no surprise that they're now trying to control how we deal with ablutions. Next they'll be telling us how many times we can go and how many flushes are allowed.

Been there ... done that one!

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,24670784-2,00.html

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:22 am 

RAENORTH wrote:
rosie wrote:

Been there ... done that one!

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,24670784-2,00.html

Damn PDT_Armataz_01_34

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:11 am 

Robert of Ottawa wrote:
An hysteria of enviromentalists

This one seems most apropos to me! PDT_Armataz_01_14

~~"Free speech is free speech is free speech. There is no 'but'."~~

Jyllands-Posten, 2/10/06

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:26 am 

re:
Quote:
The only thing that seems to have changed is that the frequency of studies is increasing, a phenomenon which possibly offers a long-term solution. We could launch an endless series of inquiries, locking the greenies in a room and letting them battle it out – while rest of us get on with out lives.

Now THAT is a real solution! :lol:

Greenies spend millions keeping the US from developing energy from oil, coal, and nukes. I happen to be in an area that is on a nuclear power plant, and can attest to the ability of the thing as a superior power source, totally cushioned from the impact of the oil price surge of last summer. (Last August, my sister, who lives in an area that's on an oil-fired plant, had a power bill three times what I had, same size house, central heat-a/c, with her a/c reduced to a whisper and mine running on full-blast automatic!)

It took 20 years to get the Crystal River plant built because of greenies holding it up in court case after court case, and when it finally went online in the late '80s, another 10 or so years to get us hooked up to it. Now that it's up and running, the local greenies are actually touting it as being superior other alternative sources. They actually get into shouting matches with visiting greenies from other areas. PDT_Armataz_01_14

Now that Crystal River has been running for a significant period and the locals have discovered that they are NOT going to glow in the dark just because we're plugged into a nuke, the company wants to double the size of the plant so they can increase power coverage to Central Florida. Once again, the greenies are taking them to court, throwing every monkey wrench into the works that they can.

And your comment above gave me the idea... why not INVESTIGATE these greenies? Demand to know which oil company is paying them off to stop the nukes? Or is it the Arabs? Or maybe Chavez? AND lock them into a room with the local greenies who WANT the nuke expanded?

Oooo... if I just had a few million dollars to hire a few good lawyers... LOL!

~~"Free speech is free speech is free speech. There is no 'but'."~~

Jyllands-Posten, 2/10/06

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:26 am 
Site Admin

mamapajamas wrote:
And your comment above gave me the idea... why not INVESTIGATE these greenies? Demand to know which oil company is paying them off to stop the nukes? Or is it the Arabs? Or maybe Chavez? AND lock them into a room with the local greenies who WANT the nuke expanded?

Oooo... if I just had a few million dollars to hire a few good lawyers... LOL!

How about if the room we lock them in is the reactor chamber?

R

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:42 am 

Sparing toilet water in water abundant areas creates grave problems because it drys up the water plant system. The danger of unclean water will grow. It not only does not help the african childs but it does harm to your local water supply system

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:51 am 
Site Admin

harris wrote:
Sparing toilet water in water abundant areas creates grave problems because it drys up the water plant system. The danger of unclean water will grow. It not only does not help the african childs but it does harm to your local water supply system

Even in the UK it creates problems ... it "grounds the solids" in the sewers, which means you get build-ups of deposits and blockages. We always noted that you got a lot more blockages after a drought when the first rains came. The sewers require a minimum flow of water to keep them lubricated.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:22 pm 

I don't know what a collective of greenies is but I know a Monbiot is a unit of environmentalist stupidity.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 12 posts ]