Change font size
It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:54 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]
 Post subject: The wages of neglect
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:35 pm 
Site Admin

One gets exceedingly weary of the hole-in-the-corner way the MoD is "playing" the war in Afghanistan. Its strategy is to keep us largely uninformed as to what is really going on, while devoting its resources to a steady trickle of propaganda which serves to obscure rather than reveal the truth. It played exactly the same game in Iraq, feeding us with glowing "puffs" about the "derring do" of "Our Boys", and happy little "touchy-feely" pieces about how our caring-sharing troops were engaging with those nice Iraqis and how things were getting better all the time – when the whole campaign was going down the pan.

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: ASIAN TERROR GANGS TARGET UK WITH KILLER HEROIN
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:38 pm 

RAENORTH wrote:
... the local value of the Afghani heroin trade is in the order of £3 billion (as export income). By the time the drugs get on the streets at their destinations, they are worth ten times that – and sometimes more. ...

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/70 ... er-heroin/

... TERROR chiefs plan to flood our streets with heroin in a terrifying plot to wage “chemical jihad” on Britain. And they have been using hate-filled Muslim gangs as their UK dealers. Pakistani and Afghan-based al-Qaida and Taliban warlords are sitting on a £6billion stash of deadly heroin. And they have ordered their dealers to sell it only to non-Muslims. ... “The UK’s heroin trade is increasing at an alarming rate and most of the cash helps arm terrorists with bombs and guns.”

... Between 1990 and 2005 Taliban-linked drug peddler Haji Baz Mohammed raked in a staggering £17billion by pouring heroin into North America. He told a US court that “selling heroin was a jihad because they were taking Americans’ money and the heroin was killing them”.

Now the fanatics have made the UK their top target. ... Asian gangs are operating in South London, Luton, Preston, Manchester, Leeds, Oldham, Birmingham and Bradford. Our investigators went on the hunt for heroin in Luton and did a deal in the back of a taxi. Pulling out a handful of wraps, the ­driver said: “I’ll sort you a fix for £10 but a gram’s £50. It’s knockout gear.” Asked where the drugs came from he said: “Poppy fields between Pakistan and Afghanistan.

“The big bosses have Taliban and al-Qaida connections and we’re often told only to deal it to non-Muslims. They call it ­chemical jihad and hope to ruin lives while ­getting massive payouts at the same time. “I’m more interested in the money. I knock it out to anyone, ­whatever their beliefs. “But there are lots of big-­hitters who only sell to non-Muslims – to poison them.”

One of the Asian gangs is the so-called Gambino clan – a 100-strong mob named after the ­notorious US crime family. A 40-year-old small-time dealer turned Christian told us: “The Gambinos are the Pakistani Muslim gang that control most of the drug trade in Luton – and they’ve all got good connections to al-Qaida. “Heroin and crack are on sale 24 hours a day and they get local taxi drivers to drive the gear around and do deals. “It’s a massive business. They’re untouchable.” ...

Post subject: Re: The wages of neglect
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:27 pm 
Site Admin

One increasingly serious social problem in Afghanistan is the growing domestic market in heroin. The brotherhood is quite happy to sell to its own.

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:20 am 
Here in the US: while it is completely understandable that the domestic situation takes the front seat, and while I do not listen attentively to the news on tv anymore, I note with some interest the lack of articles on Iraq and Afghanistan online. The rather tired point of this being that if George Bush were in the White House, each and every troop injured or killed would be used as yet further proof of both his idiocy, greed, and anti-constitutional malice regarding this war. With Obama in the White House, not only is Iraq pacified, but the conflict in Afghanistan is also largely forgotten. So is Gitmo after the "closing" announcement. In fact, except for the economy, every abuse heaped upon George Bush over the years, although particularly in his final days as president, has been laid to rest now that Obama is the CIC. Yet nothing much has really changed with the reality on the ground. There are, to be sure, good things and bad things. Yet I cannot remember last when I heard in-depth reporting on it. It is, without doubt, an exceptionally sad state of affairs.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:43 am 
Site Admin

Newsweak has an interesting piece ...

http://www.newsweek.com/id/184376

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:12 am 

Quote:
The massive improvement in survival rates has been put down to "miracle bandages", a new tourniquet and the use of trauma consultants on board evacuation helicopters.

Significantly, the use of large Chinook and Merlin helicopters carrying an anaesthetist or emergency medical consultant plus four medics are the key factor. With most journeys in Helmand involving a two-hour round trip, the doctors can effectively set up a trauma station in the back of the helicopter keeping the patient alive until they reach the field hospital in Camp Bastion.

You have written a number of times about the availability of helicopters for hire - Mi-8 and Mi-26s in particular. Are we any closer to using them? They could fill the airborne ambulance role and leave the Merlins and Chinooks to be used offensively.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:24 am 

We really do not have this problem in American. M$M, the propaganda organ of the democrats, hates the military almost as much as the democrats.. Mr. Tambourine Man is going to follow our other great liberal leaders by making defense the bill payer for the transfer of wealth from those who create it to those who do not. Therefore those who do actually pay for government will no longer be protected by that government.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:01 pm 

Richard

I am not in disagreement over the thrust of your article(s) but it pains me when your high standards dip down to those of the journalistic tribe that you do not hesitate to disparage.

It is indeed a stretch to suggest that Peter Mckay said " British forces in Afghanistan could "learn lessons" on how to properly equip troops on the front line."

The headline writers interpretation notwithstanding, what he actualy said was that neighbours can always learn from each other.

GRU

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:50 pm 
Site Admin

GRU wrote:
Richard

I am not in disagreement over the thrust of your article(s) but it pains me when your high standards dip down to those of the journalistic tribe that you do not hesitate to disparage.

It is indeed a stretch to suggest that Peter Mckay said " British forces in Afghanistan could "learn lessons" on how to properly equip troops on the front line."

The headline writers interpretation notwithstanding, what he actualy said was that neighbours can always learn from each other.

GRU

You caught me out in a sense - I did not read the article fully ... I had discussed it with the author a couple of days before and contributed some details to it. From that, I gained the view that the headline writer accurately conveyed the sense of what McKay said - it is what had been conveyed to me earlier. His words were diplomatic, but his meaning was not that precisely conveyed by his words in the article.

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]