Change font size
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:05 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 28 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Global cooling shock!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:11 am 
Site Admin

In a bleak reminder of the peril which faces the planet, a stranded female polar bear and her baby cub were seen on one of this winter's icebergs as it floated on the Thames past the Houses of Parliament yesterday. Faced with a reminder of the disaster of global cooling encroaching on the planet, one worried Londoner, according to The Sun remarked "Surely it’s not that cold!?"

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Global cooling shock!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:01 am 
Oh.thank goodness for some sensible blogs on this myth. Thank you.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:12 am 

Currently at Drudge:
Quote:
Global warming advocates have suggested this year's wild winter spells are proof of climate change.

Developing...

Was sonst? PDT_Armataz_01_23

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:37 am 
This'll give you some fun:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/7852628.stm

"Global warming is 'irreversible'

[...]

The scientists concluded global temperatures could remain high for 1,000 years, even if carbon emissions can somehow be halted.

[...]

"People have imagined that if we stopped emitting carbon dioxide the climate would go back to normal in 100 years, 200 year - that's not true," said researcher Susan Solomon, the lead author of the report, quoted by AP news agency. "

As if there's such a thing as "normal".

In any case, people will only put up with higher taxes “to tackle global warming” if they believe that:

(1) It’s happening
(2) We’re causing it
(3) It’s a bad thing
(4) We can do something about it.

(3) and (4) have never really been tackled until now, they’ve always just been assumed. If one of them fails, the whole warmist agenda goes with it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:12 am 

The AGW crowd have their man in the Oval Office and his announcements ystdy, after which he refused to take questions from the press, confirm he is a fully paid up member, so much so that he praised the Californian initiatives as ones the US should now follow.

California is bankrupt, due to it's mad laws, the US stock mkt was doing quite well until he spoke, then it fell apart and lost all the days gains.

I fear we are going down the AGW road for a long time yet, until the pain becomes unbearable.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:05 pm 

I am confused !!

Why the hell put a spoof 'iceberg' on Hampstead Heath ? The sort of 'normal' people who live in Hampstead, you know the type, Glenda Jackson and her friends are complete believers in Global Warming and will never change their minds. This is a bit like a rabbi trying to preach at Bertchesgarden in 1944. No way the Hampstead Heathites will ever confront their dimentia(s).

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:53 pm 
Ivan The Yid From Bradfor wrote:
I am confused !!

Why the hell put a spoof 'iceberg' on Hampstead Heath ? The sort of 'normal' people who live in Hampstead, you know the type, Glenda Jackson and her friends are complete believers in Global Warming and will never change their minds. This is a bit like a rabbi trying to preach at Bertchesgarden in 1944. No way the Hampstead Heathites will ever confront their dimentia(s).

Ivan,

At first I wondered what was going on too and my initial thoughts ran parallel to yours (not the same, but the direction was).

Then I remembered it's a "satirical television channel ... part-owned by the BBC".

Doh! It dawned on me. These 'satiricists' are serious about AGW. They are satirising us bonehead 'deniers'.

Hilarious, eh?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:55 pm 

I've just obtained a report from the Coal Research Forum that contains interesting data on coal and windfarms. If you are interested, I could mail it to anybody who's interesed..

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:58 pm 
Site Admin

The Cheshire Cat wrote:
I've just obtained a report from the Coal Research Forum that contains interesting data on coal and windfarms. If you are interested, I could mail it to anybody who's interesed..

Send it to EU Ref via the "contact" button, if you would be so kind.

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:02 pm 
RAENORTH wrote:
The Cheshire Cat wrote:

I was just about to say it could be uploaded to this file-hosting site for free ( http://freefilehosting.net/ ). Then anyone could download it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:31 pm 

RAENORTH wrote:
The Cheshire Cat wrote:

Done!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:02 pm 
Site Admin

The Cheshire Cat wrote:
RAENORTH wrote:
The Cheshire Cat wrote:

Done!

Thanks!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:58 pm 
"Why the hell put a spoof 'iceberg' on Hampstead Heath ?" It would certainly deter certain social activities that take place in the undergrowth.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:01 pm 

permanentexpat wrote:
Currently at Drudge:
Quote:
Global warming advocates have suggested this year's wild winter spells are proof of climate change.

Developing...

Was sonst? PDT_Armataz_01_23

Al Gore says so here - http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/7699

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:54 am 

How about this beautiful photo of a ferry and icebreaker tackling global warming in the St Lawrence Seaway.

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/le-soleil/dossiers/traversee-de-la-gaspesie/200901/26/01-821137-bouchon-de-5-km2-sur-le-fleuve-des-fondeurs-aux-premieres-loges-du-tango.php

Global warming is definitely cool! PDT_Armataz_01_22

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 28 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next