Change font size
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:17 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: Futuritis
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:03 pm 
Site Admin

A example of the unreal world in which our politicians live comes with an announcement yesterday that four potential sites for new nuclear power stations have been proposed, “ as the government’s process for choosing suitable locations starts in earnest.”

But all that has happened is the government has announded that the “criteria on which sites will be judged” will be published this coming Tuesday. A decision on which sites might actually be selected may then – or may not – be made later this year.

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Futuritis
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:47 pm 

Bit of a sea-change that the BBC didn't wheel in a Melon to explain how the people of Anglesey are now going to be green and glow in the dark (and that's for just thinking of building a Nuclear power station, three concensusses of Scientists told me so!!).

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:12 pm 
Site Admin

SandyRham wrote:
Bit of a sea-change that the BBC didn't wheel in a Melon to explain how the people of Anglesey are now going to be green and glow in the dark (and that's for just thinking of building a Nuclear power station, three concensusses of Scientists told me so!!).

They did ... I just didn't bother repeating it.

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:36 pm 
Lokks suspiciously like the old Marxist "Jam tomorrow" promises.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:16 pm 

Richard, you're behind the times. Our Dear Leader's cunning plan to solve the problem of lack of generating capacity is already swinging into gear.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2009 ... on-britain

By the time the current plants close, we won't have enough of an economy to need any new power stations.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:14 pm 
-----------------------------------
A example of the unreal world in which our politicians live comes with an announcement yesterday that four potential sites for new nuclear power stations have been proposed, “ as the government’s process for choosing suitable locations starts in earnest.”

But all that has happened is the government has announded that the “criteria on which sites will be judged” will be published this coming Tuesday. A decision on which sites might actually be selected may then – or may not – be made later this year.
------------------------------------

Milliband minor was interviewed in the Sunday Times yesterday.

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/b ... 580794.ece

This paragraph caught my eye.

---------------------------------
In the spring the Department of Energy will publish its low-carbon industrial strategy paper, detailing a comprehensive approach that will include subsidies for new technologies and that aims to create thousands of new “green” jobs.

But won’t all this lead to ever-higher household bills? Not necessarily, he argues. “The best answer to upward pressure on energy prices is energy efficiency and we are in the foothills of what we need to achieve in this area,” he said. “In the 1970s Britain converted to North Sea gas. I confess I don’t remember it that well - I was very young - but that sort of house-by-house, street-by-street programme is what we need to think about for energy efficiency.”
--------------------------------

The implication is quite clear, there will never again be the same amount of energy generated as there is now. This is a quite deliberate policy to generate less energy. Expect smart meters, but don't expect to be able to buy a plasma television of any size (a bit of googling will show up both the EU and California trying to legislate for this), or indeed anything else that uses much energy. As we've seen with the light bulb ban, they are serious and it will happen.

So when we see an energy gap as a indirect result of their policy, it is in fact an aim. Madness of course, but what can stop it?

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]