Change font size
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:34 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]
 Post subject: A single European identity
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:08 am 
Site Admin

Bruno Waterfield had the story on Saturday on how the "EU spends £2bn each year on 'vain PR exercises'". This was by Open Europe doing its stuff, claiming that so-called European "information" campaigns were one-sided and boast a budget that is bigger than Coca-Cola's total worldwide advertising account.

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: A single European identity
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:54 am 
"And, of course, that is what is all about. That is mainly what the EU does. Much of its legislation, much of its initiatives, and most of its money is dedicated to promoting that single cause – a "single European identity". The cost is tens of billions each year.

To the dismay of EU and commission officials – and the rest of the europhiliac "community" - it isn't working."

Here's the EU's long term answer: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Eurabia-Euro-Ar ... 732&sr=8-1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:02 pm 
Sadly the domain name you suggested all those years ago is "not available", but I found that for £ 19 + vat I can have

www.screu.eu

for a whole year !

The man I spoke to said it cost them billions to set up, whereas it could have been done by 2 people and a dog for pennies.

Alan Douglas

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:17 pm 

Ok Alan, I do web-sites so lets fill that with probably a wiki detailing peoples' beefs with EU and hard data as how the fqup happened, or maybe an attempt to map out the 'structure' of the EU (BIG team effort).
Making the site an undeniably useful resource of well-presented information will maximize the domain's exposure. PDT_Armataz_01_22

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:17 pm 

Quote:
only to be rewarded with a pathetic hit-rate as an indifferent public completely ignored the site.

..............so what else is new?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:52 pm 
Site Admin

permanentexpat wrote:
Quote:
only to be rewarded with a pathetic hit-rate as an indifferent public completely ignored the site.

..............so what else is new?

We know this well. Indifference - as in ignoring the "elephant in the room" - will be the death of us all.

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:35 pm 
www.cunty.eu: Available

All the swearwords are not available but this one is still going

Any takers?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:39 pm 

The thing is that in many ways the EU is really a rather boring subject, this is a weapon the Colleagues use to get their way, but actually people don't identify with the EU and spontaneously sing its praises. The only people really enthusiastic about it are those making money out of it. If you're making money by promoting it like toothpaste, you probably get paid lots and aren't expected to achieve much.

Two things come to mind:

The USSR sponsored newspapers in West Africa a few decades back which prattled on about Marxist theory - most of the intended readership just weren't interested.

Also Pepsi-Cola spent a mint on a right-on website in the early days of the web, with a kids club section etc., and they spent millions missing the point spectacularly. People were using modems and wouldn't wait for huge graphics to load and there isn't that much to say about pop.

Something else is that a big organisation would find it much easier to spend £2million than £20,000 on a website, or corporate logo, even if it ends up with the same effect. If that big organisation is the EU, they'd find it far easier to spend £2 billion than £2 million.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:40 pm 

Location: Work in Beijing, home in Spain - Yes, a hell of a commute!
I fear you are all doomed to dot com disappointment. On the day of the launch I did a search on the EU registry site for F*ckthe.EU and F*cking.Eu, and discovered them free. I duly registered them, gave my personal and card details, and then waited for the certificate. It was some weeks before I was informed - and only when I asked - that far from the sites being available as the EU registry system advised, they were previously allocated, and I was just one of many who had been conned (they didn't put it that way) into giving them my personal data and my card details. But then, they never did pretend to be honest. Did they?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:05 pm 
Site Admin

beachhutman in Beijing wrote:
I fear you are all doomed to dot com disappointment. On the day of the launch I did a search on the EU registry site for F*ckthe.EU and F*cking.Eu, and discovered them free. I duly registered them, gave my personal and card details, and then waited for the certificate. It was some weeks before I was informed - and only when I asked - that far from the sites being available as the EU registry system advised, they were previously allocated, and I was just one of many who had been conned (they didn't put it that way) into giving them my personal data and my card details. But then, they never did pretend to be honest. Did they?

Had the same experience with "EUReferendum". Con is the right word.

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]