Change font size
It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:00 am

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 20 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Worse than we think
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:46 pm 
Site Admin

Booker is in an optimistic mood today in his column, declaring that, "2008 was the year man-made global warming was disproved". To support his thesis, he points out that all over the world, temperatures have been dropping in a way wholly unpredicted by all those computer models which have been used as the main drivers of the scare.

He thus tells us that last winter, as temperatures plummeted, many parts of the world had snowfalls on a scale not seen for decades. This winter, with the whole of Canada and half the US under snow, looks likely to be even worse. After several years flatlining, global temperatures have dropped sharply enough to cancel out much of their net rise in the 20th century.

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Worse than we think
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:52 pm 

Oh dear, big freeze over Sweden, Denmark and Germany. No wind on the Danish North Sea coast and nasty frosts.
With their own domestic loads peaking how much are Sweden/Germany charging Denmark to keep the lights on, and how does this compare to the price paid for Denmark's erratic wind-surplus?
What time on monday morning do the factories and offices light up?

While the turbines may be environmentally friendly, the environment will not be friendly to them, and successive hard frosts with maybe freezing fog will have a very well hidden maintenance bill.
Boy! this weather sure hates the environment....

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:01 pm 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -hold.html

The New Year Big Chill: Temperatures set to plummet to -13C as Siberian cold front takes hold

By Daily Mail Reporter
Last updated at 4:31 PM on 28th December 2008

Britons should brace themselves for a Big Chill in the New Year with weathermen warning that temperatures could plunge as low as minus 13C.

New Year revellers will need to wrap up with overnight temperatures as low as minus 6C predicted for the coming week.

At least two weeks of widespread frosts are forecast as a cold front from Siberia takes hold.

Daytime temperatures will barely rise above zero in many areas, the Met Office says.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:24 pm 
Site Admin

DEFENDER wrote:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1102278/The-New-Year-Big-Chill-Temperatures-set-plummet-13C-Siberian-cold-takes-hold.html

The New Year Big Chill: Temperatures set to plummet to -13C as Siberian cold front takes hold

By Daily Mail Reporter
Last updated at 4:31 PM on 28th December 2008

Britons should brace themselves for a Big Chill in the New Year with weathermen warning that temperatures could plunge as low as minus 13C.

New Year revellers will need to wrap up with overnight temperatures as low as minus 6C predicted for the coming week.

At least two weeks of widespread frosts are forecast as a cold front from Siberia takes hold.

Daytime temperatures will barely rise above zero in many areas, the Met Office says.

This is very obviously "climate change" ... but the warmists will find it more and more difficult to sell their loathesome creed after a hard winter. The next thing to watch is whether the National Grid stands up to a -13C hit!

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:45 pm 
I see Christopher Booker has attracted over 600 comments so far, most of which are from the USA, I guess.

600 comments! Wow! :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:24 pm 
Let's talk river ice jams...

Parts of Vermont are under flood watch due to ice jams. Vermont has no previous ice jam this early on record. The earliest previously took place on 1/1/85. THAT WOULD BE 1785, friends.

Montana had an ice jam warning back on 12/18/08. When was the last time they had one so early in the season? Uh...how about never. The earliest prior to this year would have been January of '94...as in 1894.

Maine earliest 12/20/08...previously 1780.
Illinois earliest 12/22/08...previously 1868.
New Hampshire earliest 12/21/08...previously 1835.

We "yahoos" here in the US are perfectly content to watch the EU tax the living crap out of its constituency in the name of someone's redistribution of wealth scheme. It's great for our economy.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:55 pm 

Booker...masterly!
Your resident Jeremiah is far more optimistic about the climatic health of the planet than he is about Britain's future...a matter over which we used to have some control.
It's bloody cold here...but then it sometimes is. The disappearing-up-its-own-fundament Pound is making a mockery of my Madoff clone pension & I think my electricity bill now includes the whole village's consumption but I'm not too worried about imminent desertification in these parts.
Would it be possible to do some carbon trading if some kind soul incinerates the (populated) Houses of Parliament?
The 'warmists'...as far as I can see...are in the majority & brook no dissent. They own the media, both dead-tree & electronic & scare the s**t out of the sheeple. They may soon realize that the most fecally alarming & traumatic events lie just over the temporal threshold...2009

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:56 pm 

On a related topic. Here in Washington, DC., the World Wildlife Fund has a here with Noaha Wylie (The LIbrarian) asking for donations to protect the Polar Bear from extinction.

The WWF is a 501C3 tax exempt non-profit. I am not a lawyer so I do not know how to do this but surely there must be something within the law which allows the WWF to be sued for misrepresenting the facts (Thereby obtaining tax exempt funds under false pretenses).

*Can someone please redo my post to correct the URL formula. I am having trouble understanding what to use.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:54 am 

Cold is warm, just like war is peace and freedom is slavery. Needless to say, ignorance is environmentalism.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:07 am 

For a half dozen howlers, with sources cited, see Dennis Avery, The Worst Climate Predictions of 2008, http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/7184

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:21 am 
Booker does a great job, but he needs to cite the data on which he makes his claims. Some snowy anecdotes is not enough - he would not take that sort of evidence from the warmists.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:36 am 
Site Admin

david wrote:
Booker does a great job, but he needs to cite the data on which he makes his claims. Some snowy anecdotes is not enough - he would not take that sort of evidence from the warmists.

He is a journalist writing in a newspaper ... not an academic writing in a learned journal.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:56 am 

Quote:

He cites WattsUpWithThat which is a blog that scientists frequent. If there is any warmist crap that isn't exposed there then flag it here, I'm sure he, or his mates, will've covered it.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:10 am 

As an example of the mindset of the "Warmists", I think this demonstrates it beautifully;
As we were all settling down after an excellent, traditional, Christmas lunch this year, my 'ex brother-in-law' leant over and asked what I thought of the Global Warming problem. I made it quite clear, gently, what I thought of it all, quoting from this and other sites and suggested Global Cooling might be the real problem that required addressing, ( along with the wind farm scam, N. American snowfall, &c. &c.). There was a look of total shock, but recovering quickly, he leant over and quietly told me that I was one of the most dangerous people he had ever met and that he had never had such a conversation like it before, adding that unless something was done soon, in 15-20 years time GW would be the end of us and people like me were going to be responsible. He was serious. Detecting a potential 'family flashpoint', I merely suggested he broadenend his data input reading, but, too late. No further conversation between us ensued and I took my leave (from him) in the evening with a silent handshake.
... and he was one of the nice ones I knew...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:14 pm 

Sandy

A typical North European winter consists of clear sunny days, extreme cold and NO wind. Oslo has more sunny days than any other Capital City.

Building windmills for energy, if we revert back to typical Northern Winters, is about as stupid a solution as anyone could manage, or about par for the course in the Great Moonbats case.

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 20 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next