Change font size
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:16 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 24 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: The voice of ignorance
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:43 pm 
Site Admin

A quick thought before I plough on with the book - 47,000 words and counting – The Daily Telegraph today offers a letter from Chris Marks of Polegate, East Sussex. He informs us that, on a visit to London last weekend, "we passed Portcullis House and saw that every single light seemed to be switched on throughout the whole building."

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: The voice of ignorance
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:03 pm 

The "Telegraph" no longer knows what is happening, it cannot differentiate between Europe and the EU as shown in a short editorial today. Thank goodness for you expert interpretation of what is really going on.

Keep up the good work, a lot of us take notice.

Derek

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:42 pm 
What is wrong with giving Gorbals Mick the job of turning off the lights on the way back from the bar? Better still why not put a coin meter in his office?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:08 pm 
"Instead, we are almost back at levels of biblical superstition, where the sins of the community are laden onto the sacrificial goat which is then driven over the precipice. That, it seems, is one of the main roles of modern government. Shorn of real power, it performs the role of the scapegoat, driven periodically over the cliff at general elections, whence we appoint another, then to repeat the same process."

To finish the post..

That's how the EU has engineered it's govnernment from the Schuman cipher in 1950 and onwards. With the national government's ostensibly calling the shots the anger at the people is then aimed at their local traditional governments and not the EU. This strategy has already paid up dividends in Greece.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:12 pm 
Perhaps the lights were on for the benefit of those cleaners and maintenance workers who have not yet evolved the ability to work in the dark. Cleaners also leave lights on to signal to their managers driving from contract to contract that work is still taking place in the building. The lights are switched off by security guards on their patrols after checking that no unauthorised person is present.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:22 pm 
Site Admin

GallimaufryandChips wrote:
Perhaps the lights were on for the benefit of those cleaners and maintenance workers who have not yet evolved the ability to work in the dark. Cleaners also leave lights on to signal to their managers driving from contract to contract that work is still taking place in the building. The lights are switched off by security guards on their patrols after checking that no unauthorised person is present.

There you go! Typical pennypinching. You would have thought they could have been issued with Night Vision Goggles by now.

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:35 pm 
"There you go! Typical pennypinching. You would have thought they could have been issued with Night Vision Goggles by now."

I would have thought that cleaners at Portcullis House would have been issued with them before service personnel in Iraq and Afghanistan - or, more likely, several boxes of furniture polish etc would have been airlifted out east before the error was discovered and suppressed.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:14 pm 
I used to pass 1 Victoria street at night. All the lights were on. I don't think the majority of what then was the DTI civil servants work throughout the night.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:58 pm 

Dr Nick Ashley wrote:
I used to pass 1 Victoria street at night. All the lights were on. I don't think the majority of what then was the DTI civil servants work throughout the night.

Or the Department against Transport throughout the day.
Perhaps, in view of their stupidity and inefficiency, that would be best.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:16 pm 
All very good - and quite accurate. Although wouldn't the same apply to you and your blog? You heap all the woes of the world onto 'the European Union' or 'Brussels', and then drive your scapegoat over the cliff. I mean, instead of simply criticising the European Union, perhaps you might provide some alternative ideas as to how the said Union - and its institutions, its directorate-generals and its agencies - could implement more effective policies... Here, of course, I'm sure you would respond that the whole edifice is permanently and irrevocably broken, but such a reply just doesn't wash. The EU isn't going to die or go away anytime soon, and Britain isn't going to leave. Time for some self-reflection, methinks.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:15 am 

Well, it is irretrievably broken, but beyond even that, the concept is wrong. There is no need or justification (acceptable to me, at least) for a United Europe. Co-operation by all means, if common interest is found. No more can ever be expected to work. If you think it will work, show me it elsewhere, and we will think about copying the successful example. Ha Ha Ha.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:03 am 
Site Admin

Roadway1 wrote:
All very good - and quite accurate. Although wouldn't the same apply to you and your blog? You heap all the woes of the world onto 'the European Union' or 'Brussels', and then drive your scapegoat over the cliff. I mean, instead of simply criticising the European Union, perhaps you might provide some alternative ideas as to how the said Union - and its institutions, its directorate-generals and its agencies - could implement more effective policies... Here, of course, I'm sure you would respond that the whole edifice is permanently and irrevocably broken, but such a reply just doesn't wash. The EU isn't going to die or go away anytime soon, and Britain isn't going to leave. Time for some self-reflection, methinks.

I do love people who pop onto this forum, tell us what we have written without having the first idea of what we actually have written - and without bothering to find out - and then procede to criticise us on the basis of their version of what we have written. Times without number, we have noted that the problem starts at home and that the EU is only a symptom of that wider problem.

As to the canard that we "might provide some alternative ideas as to how the said Union - and its institutions, its directorate-generals and its agencies - could implement more effective policies... ", I dealt with that in June 2004.

http://eureferendum.blogspot.com/2004/0 ... -cats.html

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:03 am 
Roadway1 wrote:

Hi, Roadway,

Your headlines are impressive but could expand on them little so we can pin your meaning down?

My first reaction was to call you a vacuous **** but I'd hate to jump the gun.

It would be a good idea if you would round your points out beyond the invective so we could see if there was any actual factual ******* content in what you had to say.

P.S. You'll have to excuse me. I'm upset.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:01 pm 

Perhaps we could have a separate guest identity for those who want to post one controversial item and then disappear. Maybe called Driveby?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:25 pm 

Roadway1 wrote:

Ah yes the old "not being constructive" about and "how would you reform?", "got to live with it" "realilistic" etc

With some things -- the Mafia, Triads, Stalin Soviets, Inquisition etc, you have to be against and not want to compromise.

Unless you beleive Good men should do nothing.

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 24 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next