Change font size
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:47 am

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 25 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Distorted priorities
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:43 pm 
Site Admin

For a blog which is not usually complimentary about the fourth estate, it was a rare moment when, last night, we applauded a piece of intelligent journalism. That plaudit, however, was offered on the basis of a review of the online edition of The Daily Telegraph. When it comes to the print edition (my copy sold ooop North), the story is confined to the "news bulletin" section, so truncated as to lose most of its detail and therefore its impact.

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Distorted priorities
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:51 pm 

Quote:
then we are looking at a society that has lost the will to survive,

PDT_Armataz_01_10

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:50 pm 
"I guess though, that the media is simply reflecting the wishes and interests of its readers – or is it? If that is the case, then we are looking at a society that has lost the will to survive, in which case the media is only a very small part of the problem. I wish I knew what it was, which might then at least give some clue as to how to deal with a very worrying phenomenon."

Eric Voegelin: The New Science of Politics

Makes clear the gnostic nature of the demoralised Western mind. It is unable to deal with life because it lacks a "civil theology", hence repeated attempts at trying to create 'heaven on earth' alongside extreme decadence and moral insanity.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:07 pm 

I fear we are in desperate straits in this Country, poor to lousy education system, lack of proper journalism, the BBC mindset and the fact that people in general will never question what they are told. To add to our woes politicians lie, both in and out of Parliament, cheat and are all singing from the same hymn sheet (and it ain't "Ancient and Modern").

When, if ever is the "conservative" party going to get a proper leader with a spine to get us out of this mire. PDT_Armataz_01_19

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:18 pm 
Site Admin

Derek W Buxton wrote:
... and the fact that people in general will never question what they are told...

There is a lot of truth in that. The term "sheeple" coes to mind. For all our supposed freedoms and independence of mind, the bulk of people are quite content to follow where they are led, uncritical and unquestioning.

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:54 pm 
sheep le yes but the sheeple are still looking to be led.some kind of inspiration figure.a rebel.some kind of lovable rogue who says i'm different and i don't do it for you i do it for me and the country i want to live in and if you want you can too.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:57 pm 
Site Admin

number 62 wrote:
sheep le yes but the sheeple are still looking to be led.some kind of inspiration figure.a rebel.some kind of lovable rogue who says i'm different and i don't do it for you i do it for me and the country i want to live in and if you want you can too.

Not sure about that ... I'd like it to be true. But would a "leader" be drowned in the noise of X-factor and "simply come dancing", fighting to compete with the prattle and losing out?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:36 pm 

As an old client (and friend) once said to me whilst we were discussing today's society... "...full stomachs and empty minds..."
As long as the general populace has enough to eat (and drink), they will never be bothered to question anything...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:38 pm 

If they felt they were on the cusp of something and could influence it, they would rehumanise from vegitating and get out there.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:10 pm 
"One would like to think that, had the British public – and the political classes – been better informed, there would have been pressure to rectify a situation which clearly demanded more troops and more resources devoted to the theatre."

And likely the pressure would have been to give up and pull out.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:13 pm 
a silly small thing i know to some people.but you see i am a smoker of these past 35 years.i used to enjoy a beer and a fag (one went with the other).after a weeks work on a friday night and with other sous some smokers some not try to put the word to rights or make sense of it anyway.always there was captain sensible in the corner in one guise or another who nver really joined in but was slways greeted with acheery hello and whats your opinion join us for a drink.never any probem just a good time everybody go home.se you next week.then came the ban every 15 mins. outside for a smoke never finishing said fag and back in bit more beer lost thread of conversation.jolly captain sensible taking piss because you have to leave the building and he holds court.i think there is a song dammned if i remember who by but i do remember one line."IF YOU TOLERATE YHIS THEN YOUR CHILDREN WILL BE NEXT".

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:29 am 

Quote:
ammned if i remember who by but i do remember one line."IF YOU TOLERATE YHIS THEN YOUR CHILDREN WILL BE NEXT".

number 62

Manic Street Preachers. Buncha taffrican commies, IMHO.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:08 am 
I have been reading this blog for about 2 years now and would wish to continue to do so. It's commitment to finding the facts and the truth on absolutely fundemental issues is commendable, even dare I say it - courageous. It's refusal to comment in an overtly political way is also understandable. However, this article really does push me to comment.
To quote;

"I guess though, that the media is simply reflecting the wishes and interests of its readers – or is it? If that is the case, then we are looking at a society that has lost the will to survive, in which case the media is only a very small part of the problem. I wish I knew what it was, which might then at least give some clue as to how to deal with a very worrying phenomenon. "

A rhetorical question I would guess, as you must surely be fully aware of our present situation. If not you are either naive or supremely stupid and would not be writing this blog. There are people 'out there' also well aware of what is going on as I must hope you are at Eu Referendum, and there is a political party that is prepared to address our increasingly desperate situation; I hesitate to presume that such an august blog is unaware of the British National Party and its policies, but the extreme discretion with which its name is never mentioned suggests either an impossible level of ignorance or a degree of hypocritical political correctness that if so, I would not continue to tolerate. Please, one 'Guido Fawkes' is enough!

Members of that party face real discrimination, threats - both implied and explicit by the state and its proxies, of violence intimidation and loss of employment. They face imprisonment, blanket refusal to discuss their policies by the msm and the prospect in the near future of imprisonment if the eu gets its way, simply for telling the truth and for standing up for our nation state; members have already been arrested off the streets of central Liverpool recently simply for distributing leaflets, forcibly had DNA samples taken and then been released without charge. They are truly political dissidents in a supposedly democratic nation...go figure! That the msm refuse to even report this is shameful, but as we know hardly surprising; the only opposition to the forces at work in and on this country is the British National Party - period. There is nobody else. A refusal to acknowledge the brave work and commitment to our country of BNP members and officials by the blogosphere says more about the latter than you might care to admit. Pussy footing around in search of blogging respectability will see us all in the gulag; we are running out of time.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:24 am 
I'm glad to hear "that Prince Harry is to stop drinking while he trains as a helicopter pilot."

With a beer in one hand, and the joystick in the other, everyone on board could get soaked in suds.

Best he keep his drinking to when he is not actually training.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:22 am 

Mike, if the BNP have any sensible policies, but nobody'll listen because of the prejudice, then rebrand and rename. Unfortunately I think your party deliberately courts the contrary who enjoy being hated.

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 25 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next