Change font size
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:42 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]
 Post subject: Greenie screams
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:51 am 
Site Admin

Eat your hearts out greenies! Whatever you do, do not attempt to recycle them.

With the collapse of the China market for our rubbish,The Sunday Telegraph is telling us that Hertfordshire county council has withdrawn a scheme that allowed residents to recycle everyday items like yoghurt pots, margarine tubs and other types of plastic packaging. It has now become uneconomical to do so. The items will now go into landfill sites and the council has asked residents to avoid buying products with too much plastic packaging.

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Greenie screams
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:45 am 
Sorry, off-topic. I have been waiting patiently for your take on the potential VAT reduction on Monday. This would seem to be against EU rules and as it is one of your favourite subjects I had thought your pages would be covered in comment - instead we get silence. You're not getting doubts are you Rae?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:56 am 
Site Admin

Prof wrote:
Sorry, off-topic. I have been waiting patiently for your take on the potential VAT reduction on Monday. This would seem to be against EU rules and as it is one of your favourite subjects I had thought your pages would be covered in comment - instead we get silence. You're not getting doubts are you Rae?

If you'd looked at the other forum post ... which isn't OT, you would have seen that I wrote that I'm planning to post on this.

And my name is not Rae.

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:16 pm 
Sorry Richard, cannot believe I called you Rae - have read your 'stuff' and Booker's for ages. Too much impatience my problem.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:50 pm 
Site Admin

Prof wrote:
Sorry Richard, cannot believe I called you Rae - have read your 'stuff' and Booker's for ages. Too much impatience my problem.

Not a problem ... New post here!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:34 pm 
I see Willis Eschenbach at Climate Audit is giving the greenies a further MAJOR drubbing with a new statistical analysis.

Join the fun here.

The spectacle of lots and lots of greenie squirming to be had soon. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:50 am 

Quote:
A new satellite predicts at least 23 years of global cooling

Several Canadian environmental scientists agree that the new Jason satellite indicates at least a 23-year cycle of global cooling ahead. Count me in!
This oceanographic satellite shows a much larger than normal persistent Pacific Decadal Oscillation (PDO). Cooler PDO phases usually last 21 to 25 years, so we should be quite chilly as a planet until at least 2030, maybe longer.

Article

I wonder how long they will be able to perpetuate the AGW myth if we do have 23 years of cooling despite rising CO2?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:38 am 

To paraphrase Tina Turner,
"What's facts got to do with it?"

What really intrigues me, is whether, when they've admitted there is no connection between the 'theory of AGW' and reality, the scientific community will attempt to heal the holes in its credibility. The public wants to trust science, scientists and scientific reports yet they can see that 'science' is lying through its teeth as it chases politically inspired grants.
That such a lie can be promulgated as 'Science' shows that our whole peer-review system of science has become suspect, though I know of no better.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:36 am 
SandyRham wrote:
That such a lie can be promulgated as 'Science' shows that our whole peer-review system of science has become suspect, though I know of no better.

Commenters MarcH and John A at Climate Audit gave the following two links respectively on the current state of peer review:

1. Being published does not turn fiction into fact.

2. Why Current Publication Practices May Distort Science.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:07 pm 
I now recycle more than ever - I can't wait until our local council has to annouce it is piling up 'recycled materials' everywhere while we pay additional council tax for the 'recycling service.' On that note, our local East Sussex council now collects plastic bottles etc - more fat geezers in hi vis vests to do so, more lorries (0h the carbon footprint of it all) and of course no end market for the collected plastic.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]