Change font size
It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:54 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 25 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Reality bites again
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:27 pm 
Site Admin

There is an air of unreality about politics at the moment, which makes it difficult to focus, not least because what goes on in Parliament (and the EU for that matter) seems to have no relationship with what is going on in the real world. The one thing the politicians do not seem to be able to do, however, is look out of the window, physically or metaphorically. They are trapped in their own little bubble, entirely unable to see what is happening outside.

Looking though my own window this morning, past the denuded trees, bereft of leaves, at a cold, grey sky, one could detect a couple of flurries of snow, while the biting wind on the way to the paper shop told its own story.

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Reality bites again
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:52 pm 

For a compendium of Global Warming's Greatest Hits, check out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLxicwiBQ7Q. It's pretty funny.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:36 pm 
You seem to be confusing "climate" with "weather"

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:37 pm 
Site Admin

marksany wrote:

No ... but you might be confusing comment with irony.

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:58 pm 
There will be no snow because nothing interesting ever happens.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:00 pm 
Site Admin

Guest wrote:
There will be no snow because nothing interesting ever happens.

Not something else they've abolished?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:12 pm 
UPDATE: I think Mark was being ironic so this post of mine is unwarranted.

marksany wrote:

Yeah, he's really phcking dim, isn't he?

I mean it takes a lot of brain power to appreciate the oh-so subtle phcking difference.

Do you have any opinion on, for example, the greenie prognostications for a green Christmas or their concern that our children might not get to see snow? Do you think they might be suffering from any confusion here? Or would you prefer not to comment on that?

Cleverdick fquit comments are always welcome on this site. Got any more?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:42 pm 

Ah! The steely edge of irony...the quicksilver wit.

OT....and not for the first time............
Why oh why does Helen post articles which end with a question (eg: Are there any reasons why the situation should be any different next year?)....and then fail to provide the simple 'Comment' facility? PDT_Armataz_01_23

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:55 pm 
Marksany,

I think I owe you an apology. I now think you were being ironic. If so, I apologise.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:15 pm 
Site Admin

permanentexpat wrote:

Why oh why does Helen post articles which end with a question (eg: Are there any reasons why the situation should be any different next year?)....and then fail to provide the simple 'Comment' facility? PDT_Armataz_01_23

Good question.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:55 pm 

RAENORTH wrote:
permanentexpat wrote:

Good question.

Been wondering that myself.

And...
Quote:
Marksany,

I think I owe you an apology. I now think you were being ironic. If so, I apologise.

John, you are our very own rascist bigot! You are the person people quote to show that we're all fascist pigs! Now you confused them all by acting in a decent manner.
Now you know that that is a very cruel thing to do. These people require a nice little stereotype to box you (and us) in, please don't confuse them, you know how they twitter.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:43 pm 
How much weather does it take to make a climate? In Britain we have always prefered weather.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:42 pm 
Site Admin

Peter wrote:
How much weather does it take to make a climate? In Britain we have always prefered weather.

I suppose it depends whether of not you consider weather as part of climate, or whether it is entirely unrelated, the latter depending on whether the weather is hot or cold and whether you are a "warmist" or a "coldist". It it is "hot", then it is climate. If it is "cold", then it is just weather ... whether you like it or not.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:50 am 
Thank you Dr North. If the cold weather lasts for,I don't know,say a decade and the brass monkey fail to breed,would it still be weather?

What i hate about the cold, is all those Canadians who turn up saying "Wimps,it's 50 below here and we are still wearing a thong". Flash bugger,just because the have a climate and we only get weather.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:04 am 
Site Admin

RAENORTH wrote:
permanentexpat wrote:

Good question.

Oh no it isn't. (I am entering into the Christmas spirit here.) PDT_Armataz_01_28

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 25 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next