Change font size
It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:59 am

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]
 Post subject: Arctic ice melting "even in winter"
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:53 pm 
Site Admin

Yes, The Sunday Times did print this tosh as a headline. It even quoted Peter Wadhams, professor of ocean physics at Cambridge University, saying: "This is one of the most serious problems the world has ever faced." This is the same Prof. Wadhams who told the Telegraph, last week: "The warmer temperatures will also take longer to dissipate, the autumn freeze will take longer, meaning thinner ice."

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Arctic ice melting "even in winter"
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:06 pm 

Stick it to them Richard.

If there is one thing that makes me more angry than that bunch of spongers in Westminster, it is the greens.

I am sure that most of the population know that 'global warming' or 'climate change' or 'temporary colder weather but it really is going to get rampantly warmer at some point in the...uh...near future' is rubbish, but why oh why do we have to keep being subjected to this tosh?

I vote for two guillotines, one for the elite and one for the greens. You can never have enough capacity when it comes to making organic fertiliser.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:28 pm 
""Christmas will be green, rather than white this year as changes in the climate mean that leaves are staying on the trees right into the winter".
So why are the bloody things blowing round my garden?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:38 am 

Here in North Florida, it is "normal" to have hot weather well into November (as "normal" as weather ever is here-- this is one of those, "If you don't like the weather, wait ten minutes..." places). Two to four weeks of genuinely cold (sometimes freezing) weather is usual at some point between Jan and Feb.

We've just been through a relatively cool low-80s September-October, and look like we're heading for a cold November. The temps are normally in the low 90s this time of year. My central heating has already kicked in a couple of nights lately.

Yup... global warming! You can tell because the weather is unseasonably cool. It's that "Lake effect" stuff from the Great Lakes-- oh, wait-- that would be up in the North, not down here... I think of it in a minute! :oops:

~~"Free speech is free speech is free speech. There is no 'but'."~~

Jyllands-Posten, 2/10/06

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:59 am 
Where I am in freezing South Wales there was a very, very brief flurry of snow. I'm talking 30 seconds brief, before it became rain.

This is going to be one frozen hell of a winter!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:36 am 
Here is a link comparing the ice cap 10 years ago to today:

http://igloo.atmos.uiuc.edu/cgi-bin/tes ... 26&sy=2008

It shows more ice today above Alaska but less about western Russia. In fact, they are
very similar given that the ice grows dramatically day-to-day at this time of year.

Here's another link:

http://www.ijis.iarc.uaf.edu/en/home/seaice_extent.htm

It shows that this year's ice extent is very typical for the last six years. 2007 had
an unusually large melt in the summer. 2008 had more melt than normal in late
summer, probably due to the loss of multi-year ice from the year before. Nevertheless, things
appear to be returning to normal.

There is no evidence of winter melt whatsoever in these charts.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:09 am 
Traditional conditions for you UK guys is all well and good. But it means traditional conditions for us in Canada ... brrr,....

Smart people in Canada hope and cheer for global warming, although we know it is a lie.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:12 am 
Alan of Swindon said:

"I vote for two guillotines, one for the elite and one for the greens. You can never have enough capacity when it comes to making organic fertiliser."

Correction: You can never have enough capacity when it comes to cleaning the intellectual environement.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:23 pm 
Arctic ice melting in winter? At minus 40 to minus 60C? The only thing that melts at those temperatures is your will to live.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:48 pm 
As I sit tapping this into the keyboard my central heating is on full blast and predictions for snow in Sussex are being bandied about. Tis global warming I tell thee, punishment for all ye sinners who have ignored the word of the Gore.

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]