Change font size
It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:00 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]
 Post subject: Vindication?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:19 am 
Site Admin

Readers may have noticed that we have been "banging on" a little about energy issues. The reasons, however, are obvious. Not only does the national interest in this area put us in direct conflict with the "colleagues" in Brussels, we could also say, "Energy security is fundamental to our existence as an independent, democratic, free state."

In fact, we do not need to say that. It has been said for us by none other than John Hutton, the Business Secretary – responsible for energy – in an interview in The Daily Telegraph this morning.

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Vindication?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:38 am 

Fortunately for the Tories, most of the electorate aren't thinkers.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:17 am 

Mad Vlad's escapade in Georgia has not done the Mellons cause any favours, as it has brought energy security right to the forefront and as usual the EU is seen to be liveing in the distant past and all it's regulations are now more of a problem than a solution, ie: situation normal down at F**k up Central.

As for the Green Tosser, this is yet another example of why he is likely to be a totally useless PM. When events change, rather than react, he just hides and hopes it goes away and all we get is silence.

There are now 3 major annoyances that are driveing the public nuts, the bin fiasco, Post Office closures and windfarms. The public is strongly against all of them, yet they are being rammed through, with what are nothing more than lies to justify them, which only adds insult to injury. The Green Tosser has an open goal here, to make the government even more unpopular, by explaining just why this madness has happened, yet he studiously ignores it. The only explanation other than fantastic stupidity, is that he will not rock the EU boat....yet he surely must realise that justifying such lunacy, will be his job if we remain in the EU and he becomes PM....or does he want the lights to go out, so that he can slip out of the back door of No 10, with all the Silver, undetected.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:12 am 
In passing, I would like to say a long-overdue 'thank you' to you and your colleagues for continuing to 'bang on' about all your regular subjects. Not only are your posts informative and refreshing, they're also thought-provoking not least because they regularly make me wonder why there is utter silence from the mainstream media on the topics you investigate, particularly the near-complete supremacy of the EU's processes over ours. Not being the type that sees conspiracy everywhere, I am genuinely mystified by it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:59 pm 
Alas, having greenwashed himself into a corner by pandering to every lentil squeezing Guardian reader, Mr Cameron cannot ride his eco-friendly bicycle out to the rescue of our energy policy. Add to that the fact that he is totally enthrall to the EU and the Green tossers and the sound of silence is all that we are likely to hear from the so called Conservatives.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:07 pm 
Site Admin

Georgia wrote:
In passing, I would like to say a long-overdue 'thank you' to you and your colleagues for continuing to 'bang on' about all your regular subjects. Not only are your posts informative and refreshing, they're also thought-provoking not least because they regularly make me wonder why there is utter silence from the mainstream media on the topics you investigate, particularly the near-complete supremacy of the EU's processes over ours. Not being the type that sees conspiracy everywhere, I am genuinely mystified by it.

We'll pass the message on to the colleagues, Georgia.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:34 pm 

You know its not the lying, the cheating, the backstabbing, utter failure of policy and the general betrayal of our country by its politicians that really gets me, its the conspiracy nuts! God damn them and their questioning ways...

Can't speak for anyone else but I believe all the spurious evidence and biased commentary. I thrive on it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:55 pm 

I've been wondering why they've taken so long but as you say they seem to be considerably ahead of the Tories. Perhaps they're realising once more the need to survive in the face of a resurgent Russian "menace" - and the will to survive has of course spurred on many of this country's most amazing achievements.

You may have noticed the story on BBC news online this week about >90 mainland Britain oil exploration licences been granted (compared to previous year's <10) presumably to try to make us more self-sufficient. High time we started using our natural resources.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:50 am 
Doesn't Belgium get all its power from France?
and Zimbabwe its power from South Africa?

Would you say these are not independent countries?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:27 am 
Resurgent Russian menace? Russia is losing its population. The Russian Federation is home to as many as 160 different ethnic groups and indigenous peoples. As of the 2002 census, 79.83% of the population (115,889,107 people) is ethnically Russian.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Russia

Some 1.6% of the population are ethnicities not native to the Russian territory. The census has an additional group of 'other' ethnicities of 42,980 (0.03%), including Hungarians, Czechs, Albanians, Japanese, Spaniards, Italians, Scandinavians and Romanians. An estimated 100,000 Africans either originating from Sub-Saharan Africa and North or South American nations are known to reside in Russia. Many of them came to Russia for college studies, while others were invited for political reasons or sought asylum, and in the 1970's the U.S. media reported an African-American colony in Russia, an estimated 20,000 of them, voluntarily migrants made up of intellectuals involved in the Civil rights movement and the Soviet Union Communist Party.

POPULATION REPLACEMENT.

The demographic structure of Russia has gradually changed over time. In 1970, Russia had the third largest population of Jews in the world, estimated at 2,150,000, following only that of the United States and Israel. By 2002, due to Jewish emigration, their number fell as low as 230,000 A sizable emigration of other minorities has been enduring, too. Predominantly these are European peoples like Germans, Czechs, Greeks and members of their families. The main destinations are the USA (Jews, Meskhetian Turks etc.), Israel (Jews), Germany (Germans and Jews), Canada and Finland (Finns).

At the same time, Russia experiences a constant flow of immigration. On average, 200,000 legal immigrants enter the country every year; about half are ethnic Russians from the other republics of the former Soviet Union. In addition, There are an estimated 10 million illegal immigrants from the ex-Soviet states in Russia.[19] There is a significant inflow of ethnic Georgians, Armenians, Azerbaijanis, Tajiks, and Ukrainians into big Russian cities, something that is viewed very unfavorably by many citizens and even gives rise to nationalist sentiments.[20] Some Chinese flee the overpopulation and birth control regulations of their home country and settle in the Far East and in southern Siberia. Many immigrant ethnic groups have much higher birth rates than native Russians, further shifting the balance.

Just what such changes could mean, can be deduced from written history. From a secular point of view only, with no religious promotions whatsoever, here is a link to chapter 11 in a book that examines the fall of the Roman Empire in the West. http://www.askelm.com/people/peo011.htm

Understanding history is a fascination for me and I will gladly read any tract or tome to glean any insight, however small, into our human pasts. The author Earnest L Martin wrote his books from religious conviction, but he does not let that cloud his judgments as both historian and archaeologist. He was a clever man and the organisation he founded continues his work. http://www.askelm.com/#

For a completely secular, almost dispassionate analysis of Egyptian, Middle Eastern, and Roman biblical events, I can recommend the Michael S. Saunders site http://www.biblemysteries.com/whoismss.htm and especially his pragmatic relocation for Herod the Great's rebuilding of the Second Temple. http://www.biblemysteries.com/library/temples.htm It was over the Gihon Spring, but that's a story for another time

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]