Change font size
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:17 pm

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 14 posts ]
 Post subject: "It is not your business!"
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:01 pm 
Site Admin

Bruno Waterfield adds some background to that delightful video on the (pigs) MEPs with their (snouts in the trough) signing their expenses register at 7 am to get their daily attendance allowances, even though they then rush off home.

We are told that the video, posted on U-tube, was taken down from the European server, shortly after the link was sent to that arch-deacon of rectitude, Labour MEP Richard Corbett. We don’t know how true that is, but it is one of those things that should be, even if it isn’t. The video, however, is still on the US server, which is why it can be accessed from the link above.

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: "It is not your business!"
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:10 pm 

Quote:
even if it comes just as the Austrian chancellor tells his people he'll seek a referendum over future changes to European Union treaties

The whole point of Lisbon is that there won't be any more treaties, this is self-amending.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:16 pm 
Site Admin

SandyRham wrote:
Quote:
even if it comes just as the Austrian chancellor tells his people he'll seek a referendum over future changes to European Union treaties

The whole point of Lisbon is that there won't be any more treaties, this is self-amending.

Not quite:

http://eureferendum.blogspot.com/2007/0 ... power.html

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:40 pm 

Would you say the President of Austria is deliberately misleading his people by suggesting the colleagues will allow another referendum humiliation??

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:54 pm 

This seems like a bit of a ruse to me. It's basically saying, swallow the Lisbon Treaty and don't complain and we'll let you have your say on the next treaty... honest! Except no doubt they will not be able to have their say next time around and the referendum pledge is just being used to shut the public up this time around. All the main parties in this country offered a referendum on the Constitution, but when it suited them they negated on that pledge. I'm sure the Austrians could find a way to do similar.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:23 pm 
Would Britain's ratification of the Treaty/Constitution be valid if the Prime Minister were to be found clinically insane?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:46 pm 
Site Admin

The Wake wrote:
Would Britain's ratification of the Treaty/Constitution be valid if the Prime Minister were to be found clinically insane?

If he was not clinically insane, would he have ratified it?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:01 pm 

I posted the video on politics.ie yesterday morning! (Goggle news uses politics.ie as a source for Irish headlines!!) Shortly after I posted it, I received a reply post from a poster telling me that they couldn’t view it. It went back up shortly afterwards though.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:54 pm 

This is wonderfull, just the kind of PR that makes everyones blood boil.

How dumb are they if they think that they can just stop it in europe and didn't realise that it would appear on a server they can't stop, somewhere else......

Ronnie was right when he said Technology would bring down totalitarian states.....but I bet he never thought it would apply to Europe...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:57 pm 
"If he was not clinically insane, would he have ratified it?"

QED Dr North.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:23 pm 

Nice video. Hiltrud Breyer looked like a kiddy fiddler who'd been caught on one of those US TV stings. I trust there has been some follow up to keep pushing her to explain just what she was so embarrassed about?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Why a Consitution which References Individual Rights is Impo
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:45 am 
This is excellent.

Shame!

In the U.S. we would have a legal cause of action associated with the removal of the reporters. The cause of action itself is a dissensentive to such censorship.
Does the EU provide for damages in this instance? If not then the public is doomed to the fate of all publics where the ruling cast answers to no one.

I hope the best for my British brethren, however, without a EU constitution which has delineated guarantees regarding freedom of speech, press, assembly, and the like it is inevitable that the State, uber-state, will become something approaching a Kafkaesque... like bizarre.

I am not bragging, but, allow me to state that here is where the U.S. constitution excels. When matters run amok, individuals are equipped with the legal means to redress same. That legal means originates from a genetic template so to speak, such that, when errors arise they may be tested against that template and corrected accordingly. By way of analogy think of an illness. With an immune system in place, a bacteria or virus are identified as such when tested against the genetic template whereupon the template acts to produce microphages/white bloodcells/antibodies and other such countermeasures which act to wipe out the threat to it and its host. People make fun of Lawyers in the U.S.A. but oddly where the constitution acts as the template against which irregularities are identified, Lawyers act as the anibodies/white blood cells.

Without laws to redress excesses and abuses of power and without Lawyers who can benefit from same the peoples of the EU are guaranteed the status of serfs to an authoritarian, self serving, corrupt, government. Have you ever noticed the "Esq." at that end of an attorney's title. It stands for Esquire. And its meaning harkens back to the middle ages and before where Esquires a/k/a Knights, were the tool used to find, adjudicate, or otherwise settle disputes. The EU, as reprehensible as it seems, needs laws which enable Knights to challenge even kings where kings overreach.

My tangent is complete. From an EU run amock, to discussions of genome, and to analogies to disease culminating in a case made for the utility of Lawyers, I presume to diagnose, prognose, and solve the EU's disease and propensity for same.

I'd be very interested to hear what others would say on this subject as I've thought much about it.

Here in the U.S. when we argue about the make up of the Supreme Court we are in actuality arguing about so much more!

Aragon

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:56 pm 
Aragon,

Please don't take the lack of response so far as rudeness. It isn't. It's just that by and large you are preaching to the converted here. Most, if not all, of us are well acquainted with the solid virtues of the US Constitution and your Bill of Rights and look on them with nothing but admiration.

Indeed some of us are sick-green with envy. Speaking for myself, I am particularly endeared to your Second Amendment. It seems it guarantees quite a few healthy things.

By the way, congratulations on winning your fight for independence. The right side won. Sorry for not sending you a card.

Maybe one day we could have a rematch? But we'll stick to cricket this time if that's all right with you?

You do play, don't you? :lol:

P.S. You have a very nice choice of colours in your flag too. Not original, but very nice all the same. PDT_Armataz_01_29 :)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:21 pm 
BTW, I have kindly asked The Fragrant One if she'll blog on the trougher video.

That should be fun.

We may have to remind her though. She's so busy.

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 14 posts ]