Change font size
It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:27 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 17 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Hiatus 1 & 2
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:50 pm 
Site Admin

For the first time in ten days, Ireland – as in referendum - has slipped out of sight on the news agenda replaced and rightly so, by reports of the dreadful events in Zimbabwe

The torrent of EU coverage has slackened to a trickle and, barring the odd curiosity, we are back to that familiar trench-warfare routine, where ennui is the dominant theme. Even Boris Johnson is more interesting (to some) than the fate of our democracy.

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Hiatus
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:51 am 

So very much happening...most of it bad, of course...and so little being done.
The Lisbon treaty should be dead...the 'rules' clearly say it should be dead...and heads merely nod with the apathy to which we have become used.
Another non-democratic entity, frightful Zimbabwe brings out the 'why-don't-we-send-troops' brigade. Whose troops? We don't have any...and while it sounds a good idea it would be the worst imaginable. The rape-prone UN? The NATO coat-holders?
Zimbabwe will eventually, as it must, find its own doubtless bloody solution...but when? And would the RSA then intervene...and in support of whom?
Doubtless our own dear leaders are still bank-rolling Mugabe, as are others. That should have stopped long ago.
Well, we have something in common with Zimbabwe...we don't get democratic choices either.

Post subject: Re: Hiatus
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:36 pm 

With family in SA, it's obviously a great worry of mine that it "will go the same way" as Zimbabwe. Many informed commentators have stated unequivocally that it will not. But the marxists have recently grabbed control of the ANC and put all their support behind Jacob Zuma who will almost certainly become president next year.
Though Zuma may take a harder line against Mugabe, If the communists rule, I see no hope for South Africa or the rest of Southern Africa, neither for its whites or for its blacks.
JO

Post subject: Re: Hiatus 1 & 2
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:28 am 

fabulous bit of youtube humour from wattsupwiththat.com

http://wattsupwiththat.wordpress.com/20 ... in-whoosh/

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:11 am 

Professor David J.C. MacKay, Department of Physics, University of Cambridge has produced a popular book “Sustainable Energy - Without the Hot Air”, which can be downloaded from his website http://www.withouthotair.com/ and a four page executive summary http://www.inference.phy.cam.ac.uk/sust ... nopsis.pdf

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:16 am 

Chris Tomlinson of the British Wind Energy Association wrote:
"Never in history has there not been wind blowing somewhere in the UK."

Are they going to move the turbines to the place where wind happens to be blowing?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:35 am 

I just heard Stuart Wheeler has lost his high court challenge!

In my naivety, I had some hope for the man and his case. PDT_Armataz_01_02

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:44 am 

Quote:
In my naivety, I had some hope for the man and his case.

Not with our Judiciary, they make Lemmings look like paragons of self survival.

Mr Wheeler should attack the fact that the Lisbon Lie after the Irish No, was no longer a liveing entity. Under it's own terms it ceased to exist, as consent must be unanimous.

That is something that even our craven Judiciary would find it impossible to argue against. Therefor even though our and other Governments ratified it, because of the Irish vote they have effectively ratified nothing.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:50 am 

FU (Fed Up) wrote:

Quote:
Mr Wheeler should attack the fact that the Lisbon Lie after the Irish No, was no longer a liveing entity. Under it's own terms it ceased to exist, as consent must be unanimous.

I understand he raised that very point during the hearing but I suppose it would require a whole new hearing in itself!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:52 am 

Telegraph on Stuart Wheeler case

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:01 pm 

The law is not moral.

However the court rules everyone can see that the government is cheating. Wheeler is ramming home a moral arguement even if he loses a judgement.

The survival of the ratification process has become about time tables. The elite are in a race against time to get it on the statute books before the EU elections and before British elections. If sceptics can hold up that timetable the ratification process could fall apart. Wheeler is appealing against the judgement, another delay to make their teeth rattle.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:34 pm 

I wonder if the judge has been pretty clever here. Quite how judges keep each other in line, I don't know, but you can bet m'Lud was being heavily leant on. By finding for the government but leaving a gaping hole for appeal he has actually helped hold things up.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:56 pm 

It is very complicated

Quote:
The judges also refused Mr Wheeler, 73, permission to appeal to the Court of Appeal, saying that he had no hope of succeeding. "Whilst the issues raised are interesting and important, that is outweighed by the desirability of certainty and the avoidance of unnecessary delay in this matter. There is no other compelling reason why an appeal should be heard," they said.

But a defiant Mr Wheeler said on the steps of the Law Courts that he would ask the appeal court to hear his case and would be writing "within the hour" to the Government to ensure that they defer ratification of the treaty.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:10 pm 

Irishman.

Let's hope he does use that arguement in the appeal, as the darn thing no longer exists, under it's own rules of existance, no-one can deny that, thus all other discussion is void.

Ruth Lea should not be argueing as if the Treaty existed, it doesn't, that is the mirage the EU is trying to maintain.....by asking other members to continue the ratification process.

Under the same logic someone in Ireland, say Declan Ganley could challenge any second referendum based upon the Treaty, as impossible, due to the fact that it no longer exists. Therefor the EU must create the whole thing again and follow due process, which would take years......

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:43 pm 

The courts judgement on the Wheeler case can be found here

http://www.smalllinks.com/55Q

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 17 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next