Change font size
It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:00 am

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 22 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Knife crime
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 1:52 pm 
Site Admin

For once, on BBC Radio 4’s Any Questions, Germaine Greer was talking sense. When she was growing up, she said, all boys carried knives – demonising them now for doing exactly the same thing is not going to work.

Of that generation, indeed we did carry knives – no self-respecting boy would go out without his trusty penknife and, my goodness, how we lusted after a Swiss Army knife! Then, out walking and camping, it was unthinkable not to be equipped with a sheath knife – I still have it to this day, almost exactly the same as the one pictured.

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Knife crime
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 2:22 pm 

Same experience for me. As a boy I always carried my trusty penknife like all of my contemporaries at school and we did not have a single stabbing! It was part of being a boy or so it seemed. If found with one on me now I could well be arrested. Where has the sense of proportion gone?

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 2:53 pm 

Quote:
I still have it to this day,

.........whoops, Richard!
You'll be getting a visit from a 'Health & Safety Deputy Stasi-assistant Outreach Co-ordinator.
I can kill or injure anyone with my bare hands or a ball-point pen.
(insert your own pet hate-objects) don't kill people; people and what goes on in their stupid heads kill & maim other people.
Somehow, this intelligence enhancing truism is beyond the ken of those we have elected & to whom we look for law & order...and the education of our children.
We do not suffer from knives or guns...we suffer from moral degeneration...and welcoming into the country completely cultural aliens who, back in their middens, consider sticking each other with knives a pastime.
As a boy & young man I always carried a knife...and a pen.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 3:13 pm 

I'm afraid the elephant in this room is our cash for kiddies, single-mother society.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 3:33 pm 

My grandfather gave me my first pocket knife when I was four. I have carried one every day for the following 51 years. Whenever I walk out of the house I always carry:
Something to cut with
Something to write with
Something to write on
Something to start a fire with

I'm too old a dog to learn new tricks now.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 3:35 pm 

As the old saying goes, when you only have a hammer, every problem looks like a nail. Their response to gun crime is to ban guns. When gun crime then soars by 400% they ban toy guns, replica guns, deactivated guns. They know that if they just keep on banning sooner or later all will be well.

These people make their living drawing up and implementing more and more legislation. If the thought ever occurred to them that legislation was not the answer to all problems, then they might suddenly realise that they served no useful purpose, and were in fact parasites sponging off the public purse. Luckily, this thought never does occur to them, and the show can continue until everything is illegal and the state consumes 100% of GDP. Then the whole edifice can collapse, and they can start again. Happy days.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 4:33 pm 

60% of the price of petrol is tax...and evil thoughts about blade employment spring (no pun) to mind. I would hazard a guess that the same percentage of the 'working' populace is engaged in the enforcing of ever increasing & useless legislation...and I'm visited by the same evil thoughts. PDT_Armataz_01_19

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 6:31 pm 

RAENORTH wrote:
Why the hell can't these f***wits learn that you cannot solve social problems simply by creating more and more laws, and more and more criminal offences?

But do they actually want to solve the problem? Creating laws, and showing good intentions, may be their goal.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 6:53 pm 
Site Admin

Ideinostre wrote:
RAENORTH wrote:
Why the hell can't these f***wits learn that you cannot solve social problems simply by creating more and more laws, and more and more criminal offences?

But do they actually want to solve the problem? Creating laws, and showing good intentions, may be their goal.

I think it is more like displacement activity ... unable to address the root causes and, to some extent, being responsible for them, our gifted politicians simply address the symptoms, thereby giving the appearance of being in control.

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 7:13 pm 

Quote:
thereby giving the appearance of being in control.

..thereby exerting control...

"When he stands like an ox in the furrow with his sullen set eyes on your own,
And grumbles, 'This isn't fair dealing,' my son, leave the Saxon alone. "

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 7:57 pm 
Test post by administrator to check guest access.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 8:15 pm 
"but the intent,"

The intent is to kill. They kill because they want to. Obviously their violent impulses should be utilised by the state. At which point it is no longer murder, no longer plain killing, but glorifying of the Queen.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 8:33 pm 
Admittedly it was a dreadful panel, but what the hell has happened to our politicians to make a fruitcake like Greer look like a genius? I also liked her point about high VED - she'd make sure she used her car a lot more having paid so much for the privilege. I'd have slit my wrists if she hadn't been on. When we see the back of NuLab we'll get the likes of Nick Herbert (if that was his name). Lord spare us.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 8:51 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
I'd have slit my wrists if she hadn't been on.
You know, there is an easier and considerably less messy solution to the problem. Why bother to watch/listen to these programmes? Can't imagine life without the MSM?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 10:05 pm 

I was 7 years old when my grandfather gave me my first penknife , with it came dire warning of the consequences of it's miss use . I carry a penknife to this day and use it for some task virtually every day , the only blood that has been on it was my own ( my own carelessness being the cause ) ; in the eyes of the police am I a criminal .

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 22 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next