Change font size
It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:27 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: The way we were
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 9:54 pm 
Site Admin

A lament comes from the leader in The Daily Telegraph about “town hall tyrants”.

The piece starts with the report that households in Plymouth are being asked to nominate an individual who will be responsible for rubbish, thus making it easier for the city council to launch prosecutions for "refuse infringements".

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: The way we were
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 11:13 pm 

Why would the cabinet care? Things are going exactly as they want. The councils are taking the flack for the EU, and the cash they get is tax government doesn't have to gibe them. As a bonus, the average family is being screwed, but as the government only care about one legged immigrant single mothers with three kids by different dads all on benefits to pay for their crack habit and and voting labour out of stupidity, they don't give a stuff.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 3:43 am 

Quote:
.....and voting labour out of stupidity,

No, no, no....these leeches are anything but stupid. Stupid is he who kills the golden goose.
Do you also think that the myriad jobsworths employed by Labour are going to vote anything but?
Were I one of them I would not be stupid enough to vote myself into redundancy.
That we are now ruled by unelected bureaucrats outside our national borders actually increases the continued employment & safe pensions of these parasites...a possible 'change of gumment' here means zilch. Tumbrils please.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 12:15 pm 

I knew that "Block Captains" were appointed in Nazi Germany to report on any suspicious activity by neighbours but I was amazed when I discovered this webpage on the Fareham Borough Council website: http://www.fareham.gov.uk/council/depar ... blocap.asp . I do hope their PCSOs aren't known as Kapos.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 3:20 pm 

RAENORTH wrote:
One council has deployed plainclothes investigators to snare dog walkers who allow their dogs to foul public places

Ha! Give that council a medal!

Anti-social dog owners blight the street where I live to the extent that, whilst walking, you daren't remove your gaze from the pavement in front of you and, after dark, it's necessary to walk in the road to avoid stepping in something unpleasant.

If only our council were so pro-active.

'Crimes' such as trying to get your kids into a decent school or not putting your rubbish out on the right day (with the bin lid properly closed) pale into insignificance next to many things - and certainly relative to leaving great mounds of sh*t in the streets for people to smear unwittingly into their carpets.

Those who cause that to happen deserve every cruel persecution the authorities can dream up.

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]