Change font size
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:04 pm

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 27 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Drawing a line
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:42 pm 
Site Admin

For those of you who might have thought that the unusual lack of posts in the blog has meant I?m taking time off ? you were mistaken. I decided I must absolutely focus on finishing the definitive version of ?<a href="http://eureferendum.blogspot.com/2006/08/corruption-of-media.html" target="_blank">The Corruption of the Media</a>?, otherwise it would never get done.

Barring any typos that are brought to my attention, the work is now finished as a definitive report, and I will not be making any further corrections or additions to it. Now standing at 104 pages when printed out (up from 85) with 204 illustrations ? plus links to others ? this is the best I can do. I must now draw a line and move on.

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:34 pm 

Your fame grows as does Reuters infamy. LGF was suspicious of Reuters claim that IDF missiles hit their truck. Other bloggers followed and Caroline Glick of the Jerusalem Post followed up--One of those in the truck worked for Iran it seems. You are praised among others for your fine work.

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/ ... _Iran&only

Post subject: Forward the Corruption of the Media report!!!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:53 pm 

This report must get press. The major news networks won't touch it......at least yet.

I strongly encourage everyone to forward the link for this report to their local TV and local newspaper. Most of these distributed news providers will take the time to read it, and should, at least, publish an article on it as an interest story, if not making it headline news.

It is the most important work I have seen. Democracy and freedom are often stated to require a free press and an educated public. True, but additionally the press must be REPORTING and not CREATING it's own news.

We have already moved down the slope of the media being corrupt. Without a reversal on the part of the media, democracy and freedom are truly doomed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:39 pm 

I was about to tip you of your hon. mench. in LGF:

"The blogosphere, and particularly Little Green Footballs, Powerline, Zombietime, Michelle Malkin, and EU Referendum, have relentlessly exposed the systematic staging of news events, fabrication of attacks against relief workers, and doctoring of photographic images by Hizbullah with the active assistance of international organizations and the global media."

When do we see the book? I reckon the Friday Project would like it ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:42 pm 

Smart move - makes sense and explains why you have been so diligent. Good luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:24 am 

Hezb is still at it.

View full article here

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:46 am 

Well done, Dr. North. Thank you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:52 am 

Now you're in the movies...along with Green Helmet .

http://mypetjawa.mu.nu/

Post subject: My compliments on the media report
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:06 am 
My compliments on that very thorough, impressive report.

I have no idea how a bureaucrat will react-who does?-but any fair, open-minded reader would say you made your case.

As far as the media go, much (by no means all, but much) of the mainstream media of the West is saturated with left wing bias and prone to denial of the problem of it's bias and appeasement of Islamofascism. And as that report so comprehensively shows, in this latest round of Israel versus Hezbollah/Iran/Syria, much of the West's mainstream media acted as a defacto Ministry of Propaganda for the terrorists. Unprofessional and sloppy at best; biased enablers at worst, they let us all down. Badly.

Regarding those Islamists, a Mr. Salim Mansur wrote an excellent column in the Saturday Toronto Sun. Entitled "When Muslims kill Muslims", it makes some strong, cogent points.

An excerpt: "In witnessing worldwide protests over Lebanese deaths resulting from the recent Hezbollah-Israeli fighting, we might conclude it is politically acceptable when Muslims murder untold numbers of Muslims, but entirely unacceptable when they are collateral casualties of Israeli bombings.

This is the Orwellian reality of much of the Arab-Muslim world today, where Muslim and non-Muslim lives are too often seen as readily and contemptuously disposable -- except when they become handy tools of propaganda against Jews, Hindus and Americans."

The URL is here

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:47 am 

Counterfeit News
By David Frum
Posted: Monday, August 28, 2006

ARTICLES
National Post (Canada)
Publication Date: August 26, 2006

Perhaps you saw the images in your newspaper or on television: "A Lebanese man counts U.S dollar bills received from Hizbollah members in a school in Bourj el-Barajneh, a southern suburb of Beirut, August 19, 2006. Hizbollah handed out bundles of cash on Friday to people whose homes were wrecked by Israeli bombing, consolidating the Iranian-backed group's support among Lebanon's Shiites and embarrassing the Beirut government. REUTERS/Eric Gaillard (LEBANON)"

David Frum is a resident fellow at AEI.

http://aei.org/publications/pubID.24830 ... detail.asp

BigOldDog - we're trying to develop a sort of tradition here where people just post a link and a brief commentary when they see something interesting, rather than post the whole article... this prevents the flow of the thread being disrupted. Nothing personal, thereofore, but I've snipped your fascinating post. I would recommend people to read it - at the link you have so kindly provided. MOD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:21 am 

Richard - thanks to your post of the pics of the little ones in the ambulance, I think I've connected the dots to our smoking gun. This is proof that even the ignorant in the media cannot dispute!

Smoking Gun From Qana - http://tinyurl.com/f8tl2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:29 am 

On a personal note Dr North - it must have been a harrowing investigation for you. Glad you kept going though.

An excellent piece of work - the mote in my eye regarding the world press has finally been removed. You and the rest of the blogosphere have done the rest of us a great service in bringing back the analytical truth to reportage.

:idea: Might I suggest that you publish your study and send it to all media studies courses for inclusion in their curriculum.

Post subject: I think this is
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:04 am 

another example of a staged-up photo on a BBC front page:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:13 am 

My congratulations on an excellent dissertation, Richard.

I'll do what I can to pass the word on, but I fear that the "I've made up my mind, so don't confuse me with the facts" brigade will be in full flow over this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:10 pm 
Site Admin

Reuter's not only pulled Adnan Hajj's photographs but made all its clients do the same. Either the Telegraph ignored the instructions or deliberatly flouted them.

Profile E-mail  

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 27 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next