Change font size
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:15 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 30 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Big European Brother
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:36 pm 
Site Admin

High-level hyperventilation is the order of the day in the Daily Wail as it "reveals" the unspeakable horrors of the government's "Big Brother plans to spy on all internet visits, emails and texts".

Not least, we are told, the plans will cost the taxpayer £2billion, while the Office of the Information Commissioner has said the case had "not been made" to justify the sweeping expansion in the power of the police and other public bodies to trawl through private communications, including visits to Facebook and eBay.

But, whether the case has been made or not, these are EU-inspired plans so they are going ahead regardless. This development is an integral part of the EU's Internal Security Strategy, launched by Cecilia Malmström, EU commissioner for home affairs, without fanfare in November 2010.

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Big European Brother
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:33 pm 

Quote:
The internal policy is in turn part of the overarching European Security Strategy, set up in December 2008 and, with an eye on controlling terrorism and cybercrime.

"With an eye on controlling"......... the whole population - imagine the bed tents in Diktat cental control-Berlaymont, 1984 is upon us.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:56 pm 

Philip Johnston makes the point in The Daily Telegraph, "But is it sensible, when you are looking for a needle in a haystack, simply to increase the size of the haystack?"

While they poke their noses into our business the ones they should be concentrating on will be hidden in the noise and getting away with it.

Remember Softly Softly, well there's a tale with a moral that anyone who trained at the West Yorkshire Detective Training Centre in Wakefield can tell and it's all about keeping yer eye on the monkey ;-)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:07 pm 

Why are so-called journalists so reluctant, or dare I say it, frightened to place the blame where it belongs. Out of all the articles I've read concerning this only one journo, Philip Johnston, DT has mentioned the EU, read quickly and miss it.

There is no way they don't know it's an EU Directive, too many commenters have posted the directive for them to claim ignorance. Where the DM is concerned they are EUwhores through and through.

My e-mails don't contain anything that is of interest to anyone else but I am livid that they can invade my privacy at will. Unlike many on EUref I'm not technical but I refuse to give in meekly and have been looking at steganography and if I can manage it I'll try it out. If only to piss TPTB off.

I think what it boils down to is the EU & politicans now know they no longer have to hide what they're doing and feel confident to make wholesale surevillance legal. And why wouldn't they be confident when all the public do is tut, complain and go on to meekly accept everything dished out.

I've no doubt that, in time, this will be used to weed out racists, racism & perceived racism, homophobes and every other ism/ist.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:30 pm 

As much as I understand why you berate and expose the inadequacies of the MSM at every opportunity I am beginning to wonder why you do it. I'm not convinced there has ever been a free press at least in my lifetime (born 1960). Once I stopped buying papers and watching/listening to any news broadcast I quickly realised that the MSM is a simple propaganda outfit for whatever form of government is trying to control the masses.

I've argued this point with many friends but they still waste copious amounts of their ever dwindling 'income after tax' on buying newspapers, TV licences and Sky subscriptions so although they moan and whine about almost everything they read or hear they are happy have their minds filled with the drivel. I've come to the conclusion that the reason why they are happy about this is because should any one part of their current existence, that they take for granted, is proven to be wrong they will have to raise their hand or lift their head up and look to see what else in their world is wrong.
That is a step too far for them.

Better the devil you know seems to be the mantra of the majority but the devil they think they know is government in Westminster not the elephant in the room. Clearly the brainwashing is working most effectively for those who deign to enslave.

Not sure what the point of this rant is but some days I just get so pissed off with things appear to be.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:46 pm 

The penultimate paragraph is a very good and succinct description of the way we do modern governance. The creeping front sold to the unsuspecting public as a 'good thing', the notion that being ahead in the game is nationally beneficial.

But, of course, when the good thing goes EU wide that's the time you have lost control of it and it should no longer be trusted. Like in 2005 when the Police Staff College, Bramshill, Hampshire became part of CEPOL.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:49 pm 

"First they came for the communists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for me
and there was no one left to speak out for me."

Martin Niemöller

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:57 pm 

Just mentioned the EU angle on ConHome site, with mention of EURef of course. Hope you do not mind, since they have re instated comments one should try to twist their tails at every opportunity. They won't mention it so someone has to! PDT_Armataz_01_27

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:59 pm 
Site Admin

Derek W Buxton wrote:
Just mentioned the EU angle on ConHome site, with mention of EURef of course. Hope you do not mind, since they have re instated comments one should try to twist their tails at every opportunity. They won't mention it so someone has to! PDT_Armataz_01_27

Be prepared for your comment to be disappeared moderated.

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:26 pm 
Site Admin

WilliamF wrote:
As much as I understand why you berate and expose the inadequacies of the MSM at every opportunity I am beginning to wonder why you do it. ...

Believe me, you are not the only one.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:11 pm 

RAENORTH wrote:
WilliamF wrote:
As much as I understand why you berate and expose the inadequacies of the MSM at every opportunity I am beginning to wonder why you do it. ...

Believe me, you are not the only one.

Because, like all of us on every topic that matters, we must keep dripping on the stone.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:54 pm 

Richard,
Nope, still there although an earlier post has gone. They seem to be a little bit more receptive at present. :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:03 pm 

I had a look through the comments on conhome and found it amazing the majority ignore the EU, even quite a few making excuses for Cameron.

It only confirms what I've been thinking for quite a while, that the majority of public are as dangerous as the politicans, at least the pols know what they are doing, the public haven't a bloody clue. PDT_Armataz_01_31

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:20 pm 

The Anti-terrorism, Crime and Security Act 2001 provides the enabling legislation in the UK to implement the EU Data Retention Directive 2006/24/EC via the provision of a Statutory Instrument. See. The Data Retention (EC Directive) Regulations 2009 no.859

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukdsi/200 ... 4/contents

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:10 pm 

Unintended consequences of absolutely failed policies:

EU (and UK) Climate Policy in FREE FALL
http://wattsupwiththat.com/2012/04/03/e ... -freefall/

Creating a Police State is the only way for the corrupt establishment to keep their thrones.

Welcome to the new NAZI era.

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 30 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next