Change font size
It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:41 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]
 Post subject: We're sick of the lot of you
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:52 pm 
Site Admin

I really am beginning to enjoy the spectacle of the MSM catching up with the sentiment that has predominated on this blog and the forum for some years. One wonders though, why they have to hire polling organisations to find out what we've been telling them for free.

But, as we started one day with the news that the Tories are getting sick of their own leader, so we thought we would start the next day reminding them that by far the greater majority of people have no time for any of the political classes.

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: We're sick of the lot of you
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:18 am 

Quote:
What is really troubling, though, is that the likes of Tory Boy Blog and the MSM in generally still think the malaise can be cured with a few quick fixes.

But they're right!

Rope, tree, politician. Some assembly required.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:11 am 

Tumbrils at the ready. I'll bring my knitting.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:18 am 
Site Admin

Bluemerle wrote:
Tumbrils at the ready. I'll bring my knitting.

The only drawback to the agreeable occupation of hanging politicians is that they tend to be replaced by other politicians, and you have to start all over again. Eventually, one grows weary of the sport and, despite the growing mound of corpses, the outcome is that there are still just as many politicians in place as when you started.

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:19 am 

Slightly off topic, perhaps, maybe! Two items caught my eye this morning, the first was that Gove wants the Universities involved in setting A level Examinations. In 1949 I took the School Certificate Examination, and in this case it was set by the Northern Universities. Others were set by Oxford, Cambridge and possibly other top Universities. the Exam was good in that it covered a range of subjects, fail the English Language one and there was no Certificate for you. It was based on Eng. Lang., one or more foreign languages, Eng. Lit, Maths, Chemistry, Physics, Art, etc., in total nine subjects. Why does Gove not know this and if he did why has he not set it up earlier?
The other was the delayed report that the last of nine companies have pulled out of a contract to build a power station with carbon capture. They do not seem to understand that the energy output per ton of fuel burnt will be less than without the CC, apart from the greater extra cost to build it in the first place.
Can we not have these people certified as insane? Put them in padded cells to save us all!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:40 am 

Derek,

On the matter of the CCS I read this on the BBC: New UK attempt to capture carbon

Quote:
The original hope was for British firms to design systems that could be fitted to the soaring numbers of coal plants in China and India to reduce their emissions.

However, the research has proved costlier and more complicated than many expected, and the timescale keeps slipping.

Aren't we taxpayers generous!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:39 am 

"The only drawback to the agreeable occupation of hanging politicians is that they tend to be replaced by other politicians, and you have to start all over again. Eventually, one grows weary of the sport and, despite the growing mound of corpses, the outcome is that there are still just as many politicians in place as when you started."

Ollie's namesake had the right idea. repeat his exercise but don't kill off ALL the good guys, as well as the bad!

PDT_Armataz_01_42

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:59 am 

Quote:
but don't kill off ALL the good guys

What good guys.....Hang 'em all and hang 'em high.

Bin away for a while and have to agree with the good Doc.....it is good to see the latest lot of slime have been rumbled.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:53 am 

I see the Irish are revolting.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/03/world ... d-tax.html

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:29 am 

Quote:
I see the Irish are revolting.
They won't revolt next month for the treaty vote.

Vive l'épuration sauvage!

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]