Change font size
It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:27 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 11 posts ]
 Post subject: A jolly good thing?
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:43 am 
Site Admin

Peter Kellner, of YouGov – husband of eurocrat Baroness Ashton - says one of his polls some months ago had 38 percent of voters believing that if ministers were replaced by "non-political experts who know how to run large organisations", it would be a jolly good thing".

This is according to "reformed" Europhile Max Hastings, but I somehow doubt that there are many people left in this country who speak of anything being "a jolly good thing". This might tell more about the egregious Max than it does the British people, especially as he freely admits to having "greeted David Cameron's ascent to power with enthusiasm".

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: A jolly good thing?
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:55 am 

I've just read and left a comment before seeing your blog. Poor old Max still can't bring himself to truly acknowledge that one of the core problems is we've outsourced our power elsewhere

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:25 pm 

This Old Swan meeting reminds me of the Euston Manifesto which was signed in a pub on the Euston Road in London in 2006.

It seems to have gone into hibernation because the last entry on its blog was May 2011.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:37 pm 

Richard wrote -

Quote:
If the popular response to the crisis is electing Galloway, we have our work cut out. The sooner we start the better

The funny thing about Galloway is that he might be the response of Bradford West to the crisis but he is NOT the solution to the problem. Anyone with time to spare should research his record as an MP in Glasgow and London. In time Bradford West will be disappointed.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:45 pm 
Site Admin

Techno wrote:
This Old Swan meeting reminds me of the Euston Manifesto which was signed in a pub on the Euston Road in London in 2006.

It seems to have gone into hibernation because the last entry on its blog was May 2011.

I hope we can do better than that ... 3,000 words of dense verbiage. Copying the Chartists, I would suggest we need to go for six demands, in about 1,000 words max ... but better still much less.

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:00 pm 

Max always backs the wrong horse. I remember him waxing lyrical about Blair and Brown in 1997.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:52 pm 

RAENORTH wrote:
. . . But if they are late coming to this party, they are nowhere when it comes to offering solutions to the problem

Of course not because they have no idea what the real problem is. They are blaming pathetic individuals such as Cameron, Milliband and Clegg but the problem is the system. These people are merely a symptom of the problem and they would never occupy high office (or any office) if the system of government were not entirely and completely broken.

Hastings is massively in favour of the status quo and is extremely disturbed by anything that threatens his idyllic and (as he says himself) naive view of how things should be. He is genuinely shocked that so many of his countrymen don't see things that way.

Also from Hastings in his article " . . . The poll shows that a majority of voters think Britain’s political system is now ‘fundamentally flawed’"

Britain's political system has been fundamentally flawed for at least 200 years. The only thing that has changed is that a light is now being shone into the dark recesses of the system by blogs such as this and more people are becoming aware of how terribly their trust and appetite for work has been exploited by those on the inside.

Going on " . . . Voters look at Westminster, and see government in the hands of people who seem to care nothing about their opinions, their troubles, their hopes and fears. They are wholly uninterested in representing their constituents' wishes and hopes . . ."

I can only refer to a quote from the secretary-general of the UN made only last month which I posted elsewhere but that which I find sufficiently staggering to repeat here . . .

"I have been urging leaders of the world not to be prisoners of their constituencies . . . " - Ban Ki Moon

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:31 pm 

I am no fan or supporter of George Galloway, but I have to acknowledge that he seems to understand how to attract support, albeit from mainly one strand of our society, the young muslims. I am sure there are lessons to be learned about how he has connected with voters. It will be interesting to see if Respect can do it again if another occasion arises. I have my doubts that Referism could become a mass movement without successfully participating in elections.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:14 pm 

Quote:
Husband of eurocrat Baroness Ashton

Ye Gods - do you mean to tell me that someone actually married that revolting creature???

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:35 am 

Dr. N said:
Quote:
If the popular response to the crisis is electing Galloway, we have our work cut out. The sooner we start the better, ...
Yes. The programme seems to be moving rather faster, just now. They're not bothering to hide it so well; who knows why?

They may realise they have their work cut out, if they're to subdue the entire 'peasantry' of their continent as well as us. Or they may know so much, it'll be easy for them....

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:28 am 

dave ward wrote:
Quote:
Husband of eurocrat Baroness Ashton

Ye Gods - do you mean to tell me that someone actually married that revolting creature???

I thought maybe her mind but then I looked her up on Wiki.
A BSc in Sociology! FFS since when did Sociology become a friggin' science?

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 11 posts ]