Change font size
It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:50 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]
 Post subject: The illusion of choice
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:47 am 
Site Admin

What the media critics of bloggers forget is that, by and large, most of us blog for one particular reason – to make up for the defects of the MSM. We write about the things they miss, or add analysis of issues which they seem incapable of understanding.

When a newspaper does a good job, therefore, it is to be applauded, as with The Daily Mail, which is beginning to make serious inroads into the "stolen children" issue. Not yet though has it seized upon the serial inadequacy of the childrens' minister, Tim Loughton, whose incompetence as a high official gives adequate testimony to the decay of our political system.

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: The illusion of choice
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:48 pm 

Superb cartoon. Where did you get it?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:16 pm 

That cartoon is a good start, but it omits the Praetorian Guard standing there with a cattle prod to ensure that NO OTHER "choice" is made...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:29 pm 
Site Admin

PeterMauley wrote:
Superb cartoon. Where did you get it?

Usual ... nicked it off t'internet.

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:30 pm 

Just as the political classes and the MSM confuse the terms left, right and liberal when describing our political system, they use the word choice interchangeably with competition in order to give the illusion they are make changes when they are not. Competition is about quality, value and cost, requires an open and transparent regulatory framework, and leads to innovation and progress, whereas choice often does not lead to or involve any of these attributes. When I have had a choice of hospital it has often been more about convenience or who is the least worst choice. The same has been true of educating my 4 children and these experiences of “choice” have left me with nothing but contempt for the majority of the health & education system.

And before I’m lynched for such an attitude I think I am more than qualified to air such views. My eldest daughter is now a Doctor, this in spite of the education system, and in spite of her 6th form college refusing to support her application to med school when they f…ed up forcing us to change schools, at great cost to us.

And my wife is fortunately still about to feel proud of our daughters achievement, and those of our other three children despite the medical profession failing to diagnose a potentially fatal blood disorder that has caused both strokes and a pulmonary embolism, and what’s more almost killed her recently by giving the wrong does of a drug.

I am long past taking any notice of the twaddle someone like David Cameron comes out with until he is prepared to understand that competition can only flourish when the regulator environment has been fundamentally changed. Quality does not derive from political dictat, only incompetence and waste. Quality derives from competition and innovation in a free and open business environment.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:31 pm 

The graun serves bland pap, perfect for Dave's immature palate. And, lets face it their whole readership [of the Guardian] doesn't seek intellectual stimulation and challenging investigative journalism, it, they simply could not cope.

Graun, its focus means lots of soothing pinko-wash newspeak/jargon filled column inches - it keeps the punters gaga.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:00 pm 

Powerful comment, PeterMG.

The distinction you draw between choice and free and open competition is new to me and a very important one. Excellent thinking. I'll carve it on my mental scratchpad. You could beat a lot of politicos up with that one.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:48 pm 

I find the news that the Daily Mail is doing something useful nothing short of amazing, given that publications link to the hive mind: Tavistock. Wonders will never cease, perhaps there remains a little hope for this abused and tortured land and its people. I hope so. For myself I prefer EU Referendum for good analysis on issues of which I am largely in ignorance. As for corrupt courts stealing kids, look at Brian Gerrish' comments re: The Hollie case decision. it is pertinent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... j1mWmEDng#

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:54 pm 
Site Admin

Harry wrote:
I find the news that the Daily Mail is doing something useful nothing short of amazing, given that publications link to the hive mind: Tavistock. Wonders will never cease, perhaps there remains a little hope for this abused and tortured land and its people. I hope so. For myself I prefer EU Referendum for good analysis on issues of which I am largely in ignorance. As for corrupt courts stealing kids, look at Brian Gerrish' comments re: The Hollie case decision. it is pertinent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... j1mWmEDng#

Steer very clear of that ... not all things are what they seem

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]