Change font size
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:47 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 20 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Tax collection
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:42 pm 
Site Admin

More than 160 German tax collectors have volunteered for possible assignments in Greece to help the struggling Mediterranean country gather tax more efficiently, says Reuters.

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Tax collection
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:24 pm 

I assume the clamped car is someone who could not afford the cost of reclaiming their clamped car.
It was probably the last straw for someone trying their best to exist with too many cards stacked against them.
As for the car, it looks like its been well kicked in too. Let the clamping company go to the expense of storing it, then owning it and then disposing of it.
With any luck the present owner might actually change the registration document to David Cameron and send it off to DVLA. :)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:53 pm 

It's the DVLA that does the clamping. They target specific areas. A neighbour had his car clamped incorrectly & while discussing the situation with the DVLA over the phone chained the clamp to the wheel. This was such that when the clamp was removed they couldn't take it away. It now resides in his garage.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:16 am 

Quote:
The respected magazine Wirtschaftswoche quoted finance ministers in two states, North Rhine-Westphalia (NRW) and Hesse, saying they were ready to send German tax officials to Greece even though it was unclear whether such assistance was wanted.

It will certainly not be "wanted" but it is "needed".

As a resident of Sunderland I must say I am mildy surprised that the spelling on the clamped vehicle is correct,also the fact that the author could actually form words,which must mean it is from a good part of town. PDT_Armataz_01_22...we won't mention the grammar

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:56 am 

Germany claimed (and recently won its case at the International Court of Justice (UN not EU or Council of Europe)) sovereign immunity for its Greek and Italian war crimes -Distomo 10 June 1944. Funny how Greece isn't allowed to wash its hands of responsibility so easily.

Changing the topic slightly, until the German constitution was amended in 2003 to enable the European Arrest Warrant, no German citizen could be extradited abroad. Since then Germans can only be extradited to EU states and International Courts. Thus British citizens wanted by the Americans have fewer legal rights than Germans accused of Nazi war crimes. I bet the politicians didn't foresee that.

That's not surprising given that recent research indicates that voters aren't very good at picking good leaders. However, we do recognise the worst ones.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:58 am 

RAENORTH wrote:
More than 160 German tax collectors have volunteered for possible assignments in Greece to help the struggling Mediterranean country gather tax more efficiently, says Reuters.

They have simplified the tax system and have two new forms for tax gathering, MP40 for individuals and MG42 for companies.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:31 am 

Germany should remember the benefits it secured from the 1953 London Debt Agreement which effectively annulled any reparations to Greece set out in the Paris Peace Treaties of 1947.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:07 am 

http://www.keeptalkinggreece.com/2012/0 ... tupigidty/

Below is the leaked Greek Debt sustainability analysis, annotated in red by G Jenkins (Swordfish Research Ltd via FT’s Alphaville)

“Strictly Confidential” (It has already appeared on Wikileaks so give away as you like)
“Baseline assumptions…the 2011 outturn was worse than expected…the macroeconomic outlook has deteriorated significantly…Medium term potential growth assumptions have been maintained” (Yes, I know it doesn’t make any sense not to alter the growth assumptions when all the inputs have deteriorated but unless we keep the figures the same then even we can’t fudge this one)
“Fiscal path has been adjusted…still bring Greece to a primary general surplus of 4.5% of GDP by 2014, although additional measures will need to be identified to secure this outcome” (I can’t get it to add up)
“… uncertain whether market access can be restored in the immediate post-programme years…” (I mean, would you lend your own money to this lot?)
“For the purpose of constructing the DSA baseline Greece is assumed to maintain good policies post-programme” (Yeah, knew that one would make you chuckle!)
“…if the primary balance gets stuck below 2.5% of GDP” (which it probably will), “then debt would be on an ever-increasing trajectory” (I am working on the Bail-out III paper this weekend…)
“Debt dynamics under an alternative unchanged policies scenario” (Think of it like alternative comedy…it all becomes mainstream in the end, so this is the more likely outcome. It’s not the wrost case scenario — jeez, you definitely don’t want to see that…)
“The Greek authorities may not be able to deliver structural reforms and policy adjustments at the pace envisioned…” (Hey, can you blame them? They have to live there…)
“Greater wage flexibility may in practice be resisted by economic agents” (Turkeys don’t vote for Christmas…)
“Service market liberalisation may continue to be plagued by strong opposition from vested interests” (Expect more riots…)

This was quickly followed by the EC admitting that its own prediction from last Nov for 2012 is ”markedly” wrong, with economic activity being much weaker than anticipated. The new EC forecasts (23/02/2012 click here ) exploded the numbers in the Greek bail-out deal. So, after years of suffering and having lost its independence, the best the Greek economy can hope for is to be in the same unsustainable place as where it is now.

To inflict this monstrous deal, the Greek Constitution has to be changed to give creditors first priority to take any revenues that “Greek” government can squeeze from its own population. The money to pay these creditors must be placed into ”escrow account” so that it can’t be diverted to other purposes. Any leftover spare cash raise from government revenues will be used to run whatever remains of the country.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:22 am 

I have a good clamping story. A mate in Devon cut off the clamp with a saw of some description, then welded it back together, spray painted it and handed back to a puzzled police officer.

I don't know if he heard back from them.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:55 am 

Today Greece, tomorrow...........

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:19 am 

[quote=snip

As a resident of Sunderland I must say I am mildy surprised that the spelling on the clamped vehicle is correct,also the fact that the author could actually form words,which must mean it is from a good part of town. PDT_Armataz_01_22...we won't mention the grammar[/quote]

As a resident of Durham City, I would take issue with the whole idea that residents of Sunderland, as just one part of 'Free Geordieland', should be paying tax to the oppressive central regime based in Westminster.

Sunderland residents may not concur with their Homeland's title, but as they lost the vicious 'Toon/Mackem treacle wars some two centuries back, they owe due allegiance to the Rebel Alliance's headquarters, which are based in the Saint Jackie Milburn building in the centre of Newcassel itself.

We in the centre of things would never, of course, allow such attacks on private property; as Free Geordieland operates a slightly different policy when it comes to non-payment of Geordie Excise Duty. It is the policy of deputised groups, when an unlicensed vehicle is discovered, to liberally spray it with petrol siphoned from the tank, and set fire to the car as a demonstration that you don't f*** with the Free Geordies!

Finally, as to the grammar, I believe that an exclamation mark should have been placed at the end of the comment, instead of a measly 'full stop'!

http://mikecunningham.wordpress.com/

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:39 pm 

Quote:
Sunderland residents may not concur with their Homeland's title, but as they lost the vicious 'Toon/Mackem treacle wars some two centuries back, they owe due allegiance to the Rebel Alliance's headquarters, which are based in the Saint Jackie Milburn building in the centre of Newcassel itself.

Thats the usual official propaganda.....there are still healthy pockets of mackem resistance led from the secret HQ.....Len Shackleton Towers with its rallying cry of

""I'm not biased when it comes to Newcastle – I don't care who beats them!" PDT_Armataz_01_22

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:42 am 

vincent wrote:
As a resident of Sunderland I must say I am mildy surprised that the spelling on the clamped vehicle is correct,also the fact that the author could actually form words,which must mean it is from a good part of town. PDT_Armataz_01_22...we won't mention the grammar

As a Peterlee resident. I'm glad the photo wasn't taken here.

The epithet would probably have read, "Fukin kip et"

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:27 am 

This is what you get when you bail out a country that is bankrupt and order a relentless regime of austerity measures.
You trigger a hunger epidemic
http://www.handelsblatt.com/politik/int ... 73708.html
Please translate with Google translate German - English

The total madness of bailouts in combination with austerity measures will only trigger more bail outs and more austerity measures and it has to stop ASAP.

http://www.zerohedge.com/contributed/20 ... b-when-it-

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:58 am 

In the mean time the EU continues it's expansion.
The latest candidate member is Serbia.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-17225415

Good luck with that.

Serbia is one of the most corrupt countries in the former Yugoslavian territory with a flourishing mafia which power involves the political establishment.

Last month Serbia threatened the EU that it would grant Russia to establish military basis on Serbian territory if their EU membership would be denied.
http://www.telegraaf.nl/buitenland/1152 ... _EU__.html
Translate Dutch - English

I really wonder if any civilized society would like to identify it's self with the scum of the earth covered by a blue flag with yellow stars. Maybe the time has come to to ask ourselves if we want to be in such a position. I don't think this is the case.

Especially because we now know that the political establishment also ignored the levels of criminality and corruption in the former East Block countries when they received their nomination for EU membership.
http://www.depers.nl/binnenland/633909/ ... ofpot.html
Translate Dutch - English

Today crime and corruption committed by criminals from Eastern Europe is one of the biggest problems in Western Europe.
The bigger we make Europe, the bigger our problems will be.

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 20 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next