Change font size
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:03 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 16 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Watermelons
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:57 pm 
Site Admin

Chapter Six has the intrepid Dellers at the Heartland Institute's Fourth Annual Conference on climate change in Chicago, enjoying the lavish hospitality from Big Oil, or so we are led to believe.

He is amongst principled people, he says, several of whom have become his personal heroes, and the last thing he wants to do is make them feel unwanted. Nevertheless, he goes on to attempt just that. It really doesn't matter how many brilliant papers Roy Spencer produces on cloud cover feedback, he writes ...

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Watermelons
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:04 pm 

Donate a copy to your local school library perhaps?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:16 pm 

If I'd known Dellers was watching me when I was peeing on the compost heap.....

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:37 pm 

I'm looking forward to reading this. I'm just about finished with Patrick Moore's "Confessions of a Greenpeace Dropout" which really shows how far the environmental movement has strayed away from its roots. That is, if you believe - and Moore seems genuine - that the movement was actually about the environment at its outset

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:44 pm 

And the sad truth is that, if the human race is to advance at more than a snail's pace, the useful idiots really should be culled!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:50 pm 

There's a limit to the amount of sorting and washing of rubbish I can do, although I am comforted by the thought that Chinese artisans will have a hygenic experience as they tip it into landfill.

Speaking as a human being and, therefore, as a product of the natural world myself, I expect Gaia automatically to accommodate my behaviour.

If zealots conjecture that the planet may be suffering then, rather than attempting to deconstruct us back to a primitive agrarian existence, they should lend their efforts to the space programme so that Mankind may be enabled to leave it.

Meanwhile, warmist use of taqiyya is a heartening reminder that the moslem message is not going unheeded.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:09 pm 

Not sure I agree that the science that debunks AGW is irrelevant just because it's really all about politics.

I agree that really it is all about politics. And I agree that politics and Dellors-style rhetoric are very important for fighting back. But I don't think that that sort of stuff would have got very far without the climate sceptic scientists undermining the supposed scientific case for AGW.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:19 pm 
Site Admin

Charlie wrote:
If I'd known Dellers was watching me when I was peeing on the compost heap.....

PDT_Armataz_02_11 PDT_Armataz_02_11 PDT_Armataz_02_11

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:25 pm 
Site Admin

Crumble wrote:
Not sure I agree that the science that debunks AGW is irrelevant just because it's really all about politics.

I agree that really it is all about politics. And I agree that politics and Dellors-style rhetoric are very important for fighting back. But I don't think that that sort of stuff would have got very far without the climate sceptic scientists undermining the supposed scientific case for AGW.

Necessary, but not sufficient. This was discussed on the other thread ...

viewtopic.php?p=146683#p146683

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:26 pm 

Sounds like he has stuck one of these PDT_Armataz_01_42 on the warmist's lawn.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:21 am 

Ben Pile has quite a good piece in Spiked on the same theme
http://www.spiked-online.com/index.php/ ... icle/12163

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:48 pm 

RAENORTH wrote:
It really doesn't matter how many brilliant papers Roy Spencer produces on cloud cover feedback,
As an aside, it is worth reading Dr Spencer's piece on Daubert and the Admissibility of Climate Models as Evidence in a Court of Law. As he says
Quote:
CO2 litigation can be expected in the coming years in various states. There are 5 relevant standards in the Daubert test of admissibility, but which the judge does not necessarily have to follow rigorously
I look forward to the first case under Daubert's test of admissibility, but wish his name wasn't so similar to Dilbert. Although, the whole AGW saga is a bit Dilbertish after all.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:28 pm 
Site Admin

gregb wrote:
RAENORTH wrote:
It really doesn't matter how many brilliant papers Roy Spencer produces on cloud cover feedback,
As an aside, it is worth reading Dr Spencer's piece on Daubert and the Admissibility of Climate Models as Evidence in a Court of Law. As he says
Quote:
CO2 litigation can be expected in the coming years in various states. There are 5 relevant standards in the Daubert test of admissibility, but which the judge does not necessarily have to follow rigorously
I look forward to the first case under Daubert's test of admissibility, but wish his name wasn't so similar to Dilbert. Although, the whole AGW saga is a bit Dilbertish after all.

The first thing that struck me when I started reading was "Dilbert". It could be that Dilbert's test might prevail ...

http://dilbert.com/strips/comic/2010-11-07/

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:38 pm 

RAENORTH wrote:
It could be that Dilbert's test might prevail ...

http://dilbert.com/strips/comic/2010-11-07/
Brilliant. I laughed until I realised that it was only too frighteningly true.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:25 am 

Announcing the Matt Ridley Prize for Environmental Heresy
http://www.spectator.co.uk/coffeehouse/ ... resy.thtml

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 16 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next