Change font size
It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:41 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 24 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Wither transparency?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:45 pm 
Site Admin

While the warmists are successfully focusing attention on the minor-league operations of the Heartland Institute, with a total budget for all its issues, which include health care, education, and technology policy, of around $4.4 million, their own finding arrangements are largely evading scrutiny.

In 2009, picking up on the trail of global warming advocacy and its funding networks, I published this piece, followed by this, where I started looking at what I termed a "vast nexus of influence".

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Wither transparency?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:47 pm 

I looked at the Climateworks stuff a while back

Climate money: the Hewlett and the Packard

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:08 pm 

Richard, there appears to be a typo in the sum:
"The Climate Works Foundation, though, is of special interest as it was in 2008, awarded $460,800,00 from the William and Flora Hewlett Foundation"

Just pointing it out 'cos it'll only give Warmists an opportunity.

Great work! :)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:22 pm 

Monbiot's mewling attention is akin to the snuffling curiosity of a yapping but annoying small cur, one could never think of him being an attack dog but that is what he perceives he is.
Even, if he is not on the payroll of Hewlett wotshisface or, of the European climate foundation [if ever there was distractive title, a cover - then that is surely it], Monbiot, is knowingly doing the work of these shadowy advocates of man made lying.
What will be George's eventual payoff - a chunk of Snowdonia, or the freedom of Monmouth, an island in the Maldives perhaps, a 'pot of gold' placed in an offshore account anonymously donated..................you know it never is - something for nothing, it is always something for something, a quid pro quo.

Just reading through some of the provided bumpf, it is awe staggeringly jaw dropping, the size of these organization's funding.

Equally amazing, is that, a few bloggers, a bunch of old politicians and profoundly antithetical thinkers have blown this scam into the ether - pulling down the labyrinthine financial ponzi apparatus - is the main task now.

In order to do that, well it's simple really: pull the funding plug = end taxpayer funding.

If taxpayers money, is no longer feeding the monster, it will die off in a number of months - one major political party/politician could do it - he, it, needs to break ranks - just like the child who points towards the the Emperor, shouting; "he's not wearing any clothes!"

Quick as a flash, everybody [in the political claque] can see what they were previously refusing to acknowledge and was as plain as day: to all normal right thinking folk.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:31 pm 

Ravenscar wrote:
- just like the child who points towards the the Emperor, shouting; "he's not wearing any clothes!"...
And the warmists will riposte that the child is not a qualified tailor.
PDT_Armataz_01_29

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:54 pm 

Quote:
Ravenscar wrote:
- just like the child who points towards the the Emperor, shouting; "he's not wearing any clothes!"...
And the warmists will riposte that the child is not a qualified tailor.
PDT_Armataz_01_29

And I would reply, "Aye but he has a true and clear eye, which is unclouded by the weft and warp of his elders!"

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:08 pm 
Site Admin

JDrake wrote:
Richard, there appears to be a typo in the sum:
"The Climate Works Foundation, though, is of special interest as it was in 2008, awarded $460,800,00 from the William and Flora Hewlett Foundation"

Just pointing it out 'cos it'll only give Warmists an opportunity.

Great work! :)

Thanks ... fixed.

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:13 pm 
Site Admin

Shub Niggurath wrote:
I looked at the Climateworks stuff a while back

Climate money: the Hewlett and the Packard

Thanks. I've linked. When are you going to put a blogroll on your site, so I can link to you in a more permanent fashion?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:26 pm 

The amounts of money involved are just breathtaking. How is this money spent? I mean, a website, an advertising campaign, and such wouldn't cost a fraction of this sum. So, who is getting the bulk of funding and for what? I know you say, Richard, that there are no accounts published, but surely that amount of money doesn't just disappear? But then JPMorgan (was it) managed to lose a billion dollars, when MF Global (I think) collapsed, so maybe it can go walkabouts.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:57 pm 

Thanks Richard.

In contrast to blogspot, Wordpress doesn't have a moving blogroll. I can't pick a good theme that is free either - one that would allow good readability and show up the links in a side bar.

Maybe I should use a paypal button and ask for money. Only I wonder who will pay to read my stuff! :lol: PDT_Armataz_01_15

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:59 pm 
Site Admin

john in cheshire wrote:
The amounts of money involved are just breathtaking. How is this money spent? I mean, a website, an advertising campaign, and such wouldn't cost a fraction of this sum. So, who is getting the bulk of funding and for what? I know you say, Richard, that there are no accounts published, but surely that amount of money doesn't just disappear? But then JPMorgan (was it) managed to lose a billion dollars, when MF Global (I think) collapsed, so maybe it can go walkabouts.

The money re-appears in hundreds of penny packages, as it gets disbursed to groups like this ...

http://www.ieep.eu/

Here is its financial statement for 2009.

http://www.ieep.eu/assets/678/Trustees_Report_2009.pdf

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:41 pm 

When you hit Climateworks in tracing global warming funding, you've hit the 'end of the road'.

The Reuters Institute James Painter who released a recent study on climate skepticism - funded by the European Climate Foundation: here

Quote:
The study was carried out with research assistance from the British Council, who also financed the study along with the European Climate Foundation and the Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment at the London School of Economics.

About this?

http://www.skepticalscience.com/print.php?n=1135

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:14 pm 

RAENORTH wrote:
john in cheshire wrote:

The money re-appears in hundreds of penny packages, as it gets disbursed to groups like this ...

http://www.ieep.eu/

Here is its financial statement for 2009.

http://www.ieep.eu/assets/678/Trustees_Report_2009.pdf

Richard, thanks for the reply.
From the financial statement, my first impressions are that there's not much information on who they are giving how much money to, but they certainly make sure they are well remunerated. If I am reading them correctly, then, this bunch of people are receiving about £2.5million in our money and are paying themselves (all 33 of them) on average more than £43thousand (approximately £1.5million of the total income). Not bad is it. Particularly when they are contributing in total absolutely nothing to the wealth of our nation?
Am I correct in calling them rent-seekers?

Slightly off topic, but while I think of it :
Is Michael Mann (and for that matter, Phil Jones) a communist, or is he just a rent-seeker? Do you happen to know?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:15 pm 

RAENORTH wrote:
While the warmists are successfully focusing attention on the minor-league operations of the Heartland Institute, with a total budget for all its issues, which include health care, education, and technology policy, of around $4.4 million, their own finding arrangements are largely evading scrutiny.

In 2009, picking up on the trail of global warming advocacy and its funding networks, I published this piece, followed by this, where I started looking at what I termed a "vast nexus of influence".

View full article here

The warmists aren't really diverting attention with Fakegate, it was supposed to be a spectacular coup which has gone horribly wrong. Those still attempting to justify it are looking decidedly nutty and clutching at straws. If anything it's starting to turn a spotlight on the funding for global warming advocacy. There's been an enormous disparity between the amount spent on CAGW sceptic activity and promoting CAGW for years and it's been in plain sight. It sometimes takes a particular event to catch and direct the public mood to something it ought to have been aware of anyway.

To put it another way, if Fakegate hadn't happened, the huge amounts spent on CAGW advocacy would still be happening with even less chance of registering with the popular consciousness.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:42 pm 
Site Admin

Shub Niggurath wrote:
Thanks Richard.

In contrast to blogspot, Wordpress doesn't have a moving blogroll. I can't pick a good theme that is free either - one that would allow good readability and show up the links in a side bar.

Maybe I should use a paypal button and ask for money. Only I wonder who will pay to read my stuff! :lol: PDT_Armataz_01_15

Surely, just a standard blogroll is possible? There are plenty of Wordpress sites with them. Paypal is an optional extra, but I would certainly out one up. EU Ref readers are very generous.

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 24 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next