Change font size
It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:27 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: Political sophistication
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:12 pm 
Site Admin

One has trouble coming to terms with the idea that some people believe that the euro is not longer legal tender in Portugal, Greece or Italy. But then, most of us will have had experience of the jaw-dropping question from people who one would have thought should know better, asking: "do you think we should join the EU?", when they actually meant the single currency.

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Political sophistication
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:21 pm 

Quote:
Think about how stupid the average person is,

and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that

PDT_Armataz_02_11 ........ ..and now my screensaver.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:48 pm 

RAENORTH wrote:
One has trouble coming to terms with the idea that some people believe that the euro is not longer legal tender in Portugal, Greece or Italy. But then, most of us will have had experience of the jaw-dropping question from people who one would have thought should know better, asking: "do you think we should join the EU?", when they actually meant the single currency.

View full article here

Apocryphal I know but my father in law who lives in France, and has done for a decade or more now, until recently kept his UK driving license. He was stopped by the Police for a routine check, apparently the Policeman needed to look up whether the UK was in the EU or not. Just because we're informed, doesn't mean everyone else is.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:55 pm 

"Brits are unsurprisingly confused by currency..."

Not at all, I think that they are anything but, this is unsurprised pragmatism. The destiny of the euro, if we say its future is clouded, opaque even - that would be optimistic - Brits are merely drawing an inevitable conclusion.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:43 pm 

Ravenscar wrote:
"Brits are unsurprisingly confused by currency..."

Not at all, I think that they are anything but, this is unsurprised pragmatism. The destiny of the euro, if we say its future is clouded, opaque even - that would be optimistic - Brits are merely drawing an inevitable conclusion.

It does seem an encouraging thought that Brits are subconsiously writing the euro off,it all helps lower the standing of all things EU in the publics eye,and that the EU generally isn't working.

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]