Change font size
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:20 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]
 Post subject: A wee rammy
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:19 pm 
Site Admin

The sooner the Scots get their "independence" the better. Not only do they not speak the same language (a "rammy" being a fight or a scuffle - often of the drunken variety), the sort of people they elect as MPs leaves a lot to be desired. Late last night, we are told, one of their finest, Eric Joyce, delivered a "Glasgow kiss" – as a head-butt is sometime called – to one Stuart Andrew, another rather unwholesome piece of work.

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: A wee rammy
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:36 pm 

£187,000 on expenses [and over a million in toto].

Why isn't this f***er in gaol?

The only person this guy ever represented is himself, a Labour MP - says it all really.

Small wonder, that the country is in such a dire and lawless state - when people like this purport to be representing the voters and who vote in the legislative process - I would imagine this bloke would have extreme difficulty with joined up writing - reading through a major green paper would extend his intellectual capabilities a mite too far.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:51 pm 

Ah! Scottish politics, where the wise, especially those from way South, should fear to tread. So here are my thoughts! As Richard wrote -

Quote:
The sooner the Scots get their "independence" the better........

We can all agree with that. And how the many bars in the HoC can still be maintained in this age of cut-backs is beyond understanding. We are told that office space is hard to find in the HoC hence the need for Portcullis House. So why not convert the bars into offices? I'm not suggesting you convert them into prayer rooms as that would only start another fight!

I would also think that Joyce will get away with this much as the awful Prescott did for punching a farm worker. I sense this to be so as so far the Guardian has ignored the story.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:20 pm 

This is the kind of story which lies more in Guido's bailiwick than this one. You can go there and read it. Just don't read the comments, fir the sake of your blood pressure and/or sanity.

(If he really pucnhed the desk sergeant, maybe he will get what's coming)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:02 pm 
Site Admin

Mosquito wrote:
This is the kind of story which lies more in Guido's bailiwick than this one. You can go there and read it. Just don't read the comments, fir the sake of your blood pressure and/or sanity.

(If he really pucnhed the desk sergeant, maybe he will get what's coming)

Yeah ... except for the broader issue. This is a particularly vile man ... why did he get voted in at the last GE? What price democracy, when you get this as a result?

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:15 pm 

Nothing to see here then Richard…

Just the usual behaviour of the lowest common denominator class.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:42 am 
Site Admin

Stephen Jenner wrote:
Nothing to see here then Richard…

Just the usual behaviour of the lowest common denominator class.

The Sun had the fullest account I have seen (print version), with front page and a full inside page. Apparently, it was 13 hours before Joyce was sober enough to be interviewed.

My point remains ... he is an MP because he was voted in as an MP ... in Falkirk, what does one have to do to get deselected?

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]