Change font size
It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:35 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 21 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Reality bites back
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:32 pm 
Site Admin

These deaths are just the headline cases. How many more die from that silent killer, hypothermia, without anyone recording the event as such? When the differential mortality figures come in, what will be the seasonal excess?

But even with just the headline mortality, the point is made that cold kills. Defra and its greenie friend may make the case for increased deaths due to global warming. They, however, are talking about potential risks. We are talking about the reality.

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Reality bites back
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:18 pm 

-26c is nothing, tis a mere frost. I remember being in Canada a few years ago and it was minus -25c in the morning. Bracing fresh air, nothing more.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:43 pm 

If only we would listen to Pachauri then we can prevent this from happening in the future.

Look

http://nofrakkingconsensus.com/2012/01/ ... ty-summit/

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:24 pm 
Site Admin

RoadHog wrote:
-26c is nothing, tis a mere frost. I remember being in Canada a few years ago and it was minus -25c in the morning. Bracing fresh air, nothing more.

If it was so ordinary an occurrence, why did you take that photo? PDT_Armataz_01_02

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:19 am 

RAENORTH wrote:
RoadHog wrote:

If it was so ordinary an occurrence, why did you take that photo? PDT_Armataz_01_02

Obviously just a blow in. I can testify it is far from unusual - but it does take some preparation or you are in serious trouble.
It's terrible to see people dying needlessly like this.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:42 am 

Climate change risk assessment, what utter cr@p, credulous what ifs and buts and maybes, 12 year old third form geography essay stuff.

Death rising [to whatever] caused through excessive heat - in Britain? That's effin scurrilous guff, its just pathetic mindless drift, as is the remainder of the report.

Had to laugh at this:

In addition, a wide range of EU programmes including the Common Agricultural policy, Cohesion policy and Common Fisheries policy support farmers, land managers and fishers to adopt more sustainable approaches and so contribute to the ecosystem services the natural environment provides.

"Natural system services", no less - oh well I suppose all those government whizz kids will know what the CFP is all about - 5 more years of that and the seas around Britain will be virtually lifeless ie, utterly barren of edible pelagic and most benthic marine life, and **** to the eco-system - thats what the EU does [in cahoots with their brothers and sisters in DEFRA of course].

Someone remind me, Spelman and DEFRA - who the **** needs this lot and why are we paying them?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:16 am 

Slightly connected .

Was reading a book that pointed out many celebrations and festivals like St Georges Day were abandoned if they were in springtime and autumn when Britian became colder in the 1600s to 1800s .

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:18 am 
Site Admin

Robin wrote:
Slightly connected .

Was reading a book that pointed out many celebrations and festivals like St Georges Day were abandoned if they were in springtime and autumn when Britian became colder in the 1600s to 1800s .

Now we've just abandoned them - for no particular reason than we can't be bothered ...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:24 pm 

Just had a quick look at Defra paper...which was about 15 minutes more than it deserved...biggest pile of cr@p I have seen in many a year...and we waste how much producing such garbage?
My favourite bit on the rather juvenile risks and opportunities from hotter summers

Quote:

RISKS

Increased summer temperatures combined with
increased periods of time spent outdoors may lead
to an increased risk in the number of skin cancer
cases and deaths.

Laughable.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:38 pm 

Ravenscar wrote:

Someone remind me, Spelman and DEFRA - who the **** needs this lot and why are we paying them?

We all know how the nice cuddly energy companies are being good capitalists and selling us smart meters to reduce our costs and nothing else - certainly not inspired by the government's need to control our energy usage . . .

Someone (I can't) should send a FOIA request to DEFRA asking how much money they/we are about to start paying Ernst & Young to support the roll out of smart meters throughout the UK

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:42 pm 

Richard,

"Scared to Death" springs to mind?

Is this not a classic ploy of the political mind - give the public something new to worry about, on a fairly regular basis, thus ensuring that they will not concentrate on more serious matters........?

Just saying........

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:48 pm 
Site Admin

WitneyWitter wrote:
Richard,

"Scared to Death" springs to mind?

Is this not a classic ploy of the political mind - give the public something new to worry about, on a fairly regular basis, thus ensuring that they will not concentrate on more serious matters........?

Just saying........

Is this why Fred the Shred's knighthood was stripped from him today ... to keep "Europe" off the news lead?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:57 pm 

RAENORTH wrote:
Robin wrote:
Slightly connected .

Now we've just abandoned them - for no particular reason than we can't be bothered ...

Well actually, they have more likely been abandoned to appease the Muslim hordes...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:07 pm 

Hogsback wrote:
RAENORTH wrote:
RoadHog wrote:

Obviously just a blow in. I can testify it is far from unusual - but it does take some preparation or you are in serious trouble.
It's terrible to see people dying needlessly like this.

Positively tropical when compared to the -80 going on in Alaska:
http://wattsupwiththat.com/2012/01/30/b ... ntervenes/

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:08 am 

Mrs Bob, who normally takes as much interest in world affairs as your average budgerigar, remarked this morning, "I'm not coming out from under this duvet till this global warming goes away."

They've lost, they really have.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 21 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next