Change font size
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:22 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 12 posts ]
 Post subject: I couldn't resist it
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:34 am 
Site Admin

The Mail may be hyperventilating, but it is always such fun rubbing Viner's nose in it. And for all that, even in Finland, where they are more used to such things, cold is a dangerous beast.

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: I couldn't resist it
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:16 am 

Well, here in Finland we do have greens and they have a lot of support in Helsinki the capital of the country. The city of Helsinki apparently does not believe that there will be normal winters any more because of global waring. This fact can be verified, if you look at the shape of the streets after snowfall. The city of Helsinki has cut down the funds for snow removal and the driving conditions last winter were appalling for several weeks.

However, this did not prevent green deputy mayor Pekka Sauri to present himself as a hero for international media.

Cold is a dangerous beast, but it helps to dress up properly. With a proper clothing it is possible to enjoy a swim beside an ice breaker.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:34 am 
Site Admin

Vasarahammer wrote:
Cold is a dangerous beast, but it helps to dress up properly. With a proper clothing it is possible to enjoy a swim beside an ice breaker.

Am I mistaken, or is it the tourists doing the swimming and the Finns watching?

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:55 pm 

Quote:
‘The responsible thing to do would be to accept the fact that the models may have severe shortcomings when it comes to the influence of the sun,’ said Professor Curry. As for the warming pause, she said that many scientists ‘are not surprised’.

from link

Met office bods and heads in the sand and "all our models are perfectly OK" aka the maginot defence - even BBC boy and met inculcated weather cutie Paul Hudson, agrees the Met computer weather models are kaka.

Is it something to do with, their ineffably stupid deference and blind allegiance to a political mafia, which is a meld of dickhead civil servants - Beddington for one, idiot politicians, the EU and the DECC and to chief slime ball Huhne or are they just simply blind zealots and idiots?
Who knows.....? BUT, what is known, is that, with berks like Napier, Hirst and Slingo et al down in the Hadley centre disneyland-annexe - there is no hope of any climate common sense emissions seeping out of Exeter.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:40 pm 

The reliance on income generated by adherence to the CO2 meme cannot be broken - not without serious consequences to the economy or the prospect of unrest due to admittance to the lie.

It appears that it will take 'something', the consequences of which would pale the AGW argument into total insignificance, to stop the rot..... such as global conflict.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:30 pm 

We could do with a bit of Global Warming here at the moment. We usually average about 5 frosty nights each winter but we've had three times that this year. It's been so bad the mains water pipes in the ground have frozen and we've had no water. Mind you they aren't buried very deeply - 'himself' managed to put a pickaxe through one last year by mistake, it was only a couple of inches below the surface! Cut off the supply to the village for a whole day.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:42 pm 

Hi Meltemian, a report on what people are saying and doing in the village would be really interesting.
How aware are they of the Germans/EU taking over? Or do they feel they can't be worse than the corrupt incumbents?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:51 pm 

And of course when this does this, we are in for a spot of winter.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:52 pm 

And it seems the Icelanders are none too happy that their "Sea Ice Years" are being wiped from the record by GISS and GHCN.

http://notalotofpeopleknowthat.wordpres ... justments/

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:56 pm 

Quote:

Yes, mostly like that.

I did take a cruise years ago and they do give you an introduction to the way icebreakers work. You get to see the engine room and feel the ice crush under the ship.

By the way, the Russian nuclear-powered icebreaker 50 let pobedy (50 years from victory) will arrive at the Gulf of Finland this winter to prevent the same kind of situation as last year.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:03 pm 
Site Admin

Vasarahammer wrote:
Quote:

Yes, mostly like that.

I did take a cruise years ago and they do give you an introduction to the way icebreakers work. You get to see the engine room and feel the ice crush under the ship.

By the way, the Russian nuclear-powered icebreaker 50 let pobedy (50 years from victory) will arrive at the Gulf of Finland this winter to prevent the same kind of situation as last year.

I wonder if she will play Proshchaniye Slavianki as she steams through the ice, making like it isn't there ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVtDX46cTJQ

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:49 pm 

Its generally agreed that here in Iceland we have had the highest snowfall this year since the winters of the early 1980's.

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 12 posts ]