Change font size
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:46 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 13 posts ]
 Post subject: Ditching his principles
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:57 am 
Site Admin

When you have the head of the UK branch of the WWF complaining to The Guardian about The Boy's lack of leadership on environmental issues, things have come to a pretty pass.

It was the WWF which helped set up the Boy's photo-opportunity in Norway, where we was seen cuddling a husky as "part of his bid to rebrand the Conservative Party as eco-friendly". And now that same organisation must be feeling rather left out as, one after another, the green schemes are dropped.

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Ditching his principles
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:49 pm 

Surprised you think the boy believed in greenery.

I think the old adage "Believe in nothing and you'll believe in anything" applies.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:13 pm 

I tend to agree with Dave Evans, the man has no principles. I do not recall him backing away from this greenie rubbish, his wife won't let him. I speak with feeling, I have just got my electricity bill, so not a happy bunny. PDT_Armataz_01_27

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:23 pm 

Surely he would only lease the old girl out?

Make more money that way in the long-run.......

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:04 pm 

And what business, exactly, does a Green activist organisation have 'rebranding' a political figure. Or, what business does a political figure have asking a Green activist organisation to 'rebrand' him?

My organisation could have rebranded him, and he would have given out one sharp bellow of pain and bolted forward out of the holding pen trailing smoke.....

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:07 pm 

Do some folk slowly see the error of their ways? Just asking.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:23 pm 

The WWF has it arse about face. Everyone who has nailed their colours to the Greenie thing are now toxic. Obama has thrown so much money at the thing to make it work and failed, so as a politician you would have to be thicker than thick or Chris Huhne to carry on.

A couple of points. A physicist called Harry Dale Huffman has proven with numbers that the green house effect is imaginary. This is not calculation but based on actual figures. I'm not surprised in the least that this has happened and it is almost too simple to be true, but true it, is and should have been picked up long ago. Its got both sides bemused. Read about it here, but you have to read all the comments (takes hours) to fully grasp this the enormity of this fact. Of course climate science and the political class will reject it.

Another thing going on I think is another Coup d'etat in Greece this time by the EU for real lead by the Germans. Bad times.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:52 pm 

The problem the WWF have is that CAGW is a scare which has nearly run its course. No one would want the political agenda they are pushing if they were honest about it. People can't see anything to be scared about to keep the scare going, but they are starting to see how expensive and pointless it all is.

Five years ago, there was a demand for it and most people went along with it - not realising the huge costs - that's why Cameron went off to hug the glacier. This is the "find out what people want to hear and say it" school of politics. It must be crossing the minds of politicians that for all that people are manipulable, this Combating Climate Change thing does have the potential to backfire and create anger and real change they wouldn't like.

The big problem is the legacy of legislation and organisations set up to combat climate change. It's something that it's not being added to as enthusiastically as it has been, but getting rid of what's been created will not be easy. It's looks as if there's an effort to re-skin "combating climate change" as 'sustainability', allowing most of the machinery to remain with new names.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:06 pm 

Oh you're so right, Dr. N: I don't think the object under discussion ever knew what a principle might be. Even if 'grandmama' is cut from the same cloth, she or anyone in his purview should be nervous. Why, look at that poor huskie in the picture! He had to grab it by the throat to force its head anywhere near him (and it probably turned green, under the fur).

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:20 pm 

Derek W Buxton wrote:
I tend to agree with Dave Evans, the man has no principles. I do not recall him backing away from this greenie rubbish, his wife won't let him. I speak with feeling, I have just got my electricity bill, so not a happy bunny. PDT_Armataz_01_27

Does your bill have the charge for CCL, climate change levy.

I contacted EDF for my brother about his estimated bills, I asked what the tariif, rate and standing charge was, it would have been easier pulling my own teeth out, after almost 2 hrs of going round the houses they wouldn't/couldn't tell me.

Trying to find out what the green taxes was even worse, which apparently is set out as CCL on the bill, the woman kept insisting it was not a tax but a levy, I told her to look up levy in the dictionary.

I've written a very nice letter PDT_Armataz_01_22 to the CEO of EDF about customer service and also advised him to supply each and every employee with a dictionary.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:18 pm 

euSSR Go Home wrote:
Oh you're so right, Dr. N: I don't think the object under discussion ever knew what a principle might be. Even if 'grandmama' is cut from the same cloth, she or anyone in his purview should be nervous. Why, look at that poor huskie in the picture! He had to grab it by the throat to force its head anywhere near him (and it probably turned green, under the fur).

That pooch has since been made a Minister of State.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:06 pm 

If I was Cameron's grandmother, I'd be very embarrassed.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:26 am 

MET OFFICE publishes graph showing no warming over the past 15 years.
Cold future
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ ... z1knmpog4n

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 13 posts ]