Change font size
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:16 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 15 posts ]
 Post subject: Game over
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:51 pm 
Site Admin

If anyone had any residual belief that there was anything salvageable from our current system of government, forget it! The children have taken over and all we are left with is the wreckage.

This illustrates my fears about the state of British government and our leaving the EU. On current evidence, we have - as pointed out previously - lost the ability to govern ourselves, in which case a fully independent UK in the hands of these clowns would be a disaster.

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Game over
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:56 pm 

The quality of government springs directly from the quality of the people and their interest in how our society is run. As is the case with your post on the lack of impact independent blogs have in the UK, the British people think they can sit back and the political class will act in our interests and honourably. That or they have realised the political class stinks and think the best way to combat that is not to vote.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:22 pm 

I'd say that the reason we have politicians bickering over chocolate oranges is because the EU has taken care of the serious work and left them with time to while away. Something else has happened in that the state considers that the sale of chocolate oranges is a legitimate part of its business, rather than something people are free to make up their own minds about. I think that started before the EU/EEC.

Out of the EU, they'd have to shape up and sort out their priorities and the populace would have to take the process of government more seriously. There and again there would be more items of substance to discuss and contend for genuine influence over. The danger with simply getting out of the EU as it was until the Euro crisis, was that it might easily be so uncomfortable in the early days that we went crawling back. There would be various interests, such as the Civil Service, doing their best to make sure it was uncomfortable.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:29 pm 

Just put me in charge. I just say "Make it so" and all will be fixed. Trust me!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:37 pm 

Could not resist yet another link to a post of yours!

Unfortunately Talk Constitution has 'stalled' somewhat as it had been hoped the presentation of ideas would come from those participating - sadly this has not been the case. (On reflection - surprise, not) As it appears, yet again, the sheep need leading two papers are in the process of being composed with a view to presenting the plan of which you write.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:41 pm 

I just don't believe it,grown men arguing over chocolate oranges!
Where are the politicians that,before the 'Common Market', used to run this once great Country for either good or bad?As far as I can remember,they were a mixture,or cross section of the community,plumbers,metal bashers,solicitors,doctors etc,now we have a new political class,who mostly have never done an honest days work in their miserable lives.We also have a rather nasty bunch in the EU,who,as we well know, are very busy trying to remove Great Britain from the map.
Apart from some of the pitfalls of a referendum,ie civil servants overstepping their remit,I hope that by the time the nails go into my box,we are free of this obnoxious organisation.I am now 66 this year and,hopefully,my grandchildren will grow up in freedom.
PDT_Armataz_01_19
PDT_Armataz_01_42

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:04 pm 

Attacks??

Milipede versus Dave - handbags and fur flying maybe.

How about this for something totally OTT?

Quote:
“We already read in Hitler’s speeches that the Germans are a superior race. But reminding us today, during the Holocaust Remembrance Day, is in bad taste. It is true, we Italians are guilty of 30 passenger deaths because of Schettino. You Germans killed six million.

"And no one from the superior German race saved any one of them. Unlike us, who saved 4,200 [the number of the passengers on the boat]. And hundreds of thousands Jews during the Holocaust.

Crikey, if someone had penned that in a Brit' rag - the political elite/luvvie mafia/chatterati would have lynched him.......................... ?

We maybe, don't sense, nor feel, nor get to observe the impassioned emnity, that some southern European states are beginning to exhibit in a German direction - it is a little worrying. The above attack by the Italians is, a little more than OTT perhaps?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:33 pm 

Meanwhile GISS/NOAA try to get away with "adjusting out" Iceland's warm spell in the 50's and 60's, not to mention their "sea ice years" in the 60's.

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2012/01/25/a ... more-55440

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:34 pm 

I think we have here a clear case of political legiform encephalitis (PLE). This is like bovine spongiform encephalitis except the brain gets choked with regulations, directives, diqules &c.
Advanced cognitive functions such as reason and social skills atrophy leading to the regression to childhood we see.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:38 pm 

Can't we arrange for Westminster Palace to sink and fall into the river a bit faster? Like tomorrow? We can pack the bastards in and weld all the doors shut first...

PDT_Armataz_01_42

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:41 pm 

SandyRham said:-
Quote:
I think we have here a clear case of political legiform encephalitis (PLE). This is like bovine spongiform encephalitis except the brain gets choked with regulations, directives, diqules &c.
Advanced cognitive functions such as reason and social skills atrophy leading to the regression to childhood we see.

Are we quite sure it is not due to the drugs they say they did not smoke while at university..?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:24 am 

It's a nice illustration of how irrelevant Dave was in 2006 and how nothing has changed. And how superficial Ed Miliband is that he chooses to highlight such shallow causes. Plays well with the mumsnet mafia though.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:43 am 

Oh, I wish you hadn't started this subject. There is a Terry's chocolate orange downstairs (left over from Christmas). As I drink more beer, the blood sugar levels drop and the compulsion to go and get it and eat the whole lot in one sitting (okay, about half of it) grows. I can now smell chocolatey orange from upstairs. It's calling me.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Game over
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:12 pm 

Quote:
we have to have plans to rebuild our government and put the grown-ups back in charge.

Otherwise if we don't, what is happening to Greece now at EU hands may also happen in Whitehall & Westminster! See:
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/silent-an ... dependence

Watchet

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:26 pm 

Sad isn't it? Grown men squabling over the sale of chocolate whilst the Country is up to the top of it's head in debt and facing a huge deficit. Meanwhile we get even deeper into debt to send aid to rich Countries and ensure that our industry dies. I am almost glad to be in the late 70s, I may miss the worst. I really do despair of the Country, as someone almost said "who will rid us of this stupid gu'mmint"....and soon please! PDT_Armataz_01_19

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 15 posts ]