Change font size
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:09 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 14 posts ]
 Post subject: Hannan loses it
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:52 pm 
Site Admin

No one ever said Hannan was thick … quite the reverse. He's a bright cookie really, although so full of himself that his lack of homework lets him down. He is thus bright enough to understand the point we have been making about Cameron's fantasy veto, and if the man is setting to project that there was a veto – which is precisely what he is doing - then he is playing games. That's what politics does to the intellect.

What cannot pass without comment, though, is the intellectual contortions young Daniel is having to undergo in order to make his point, telling us that the "veto took place behind closed doors, and it was several days before the draft accord emerged".

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Hannan loses it
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:52 am 

I am still waiting for a response to my FOI request to 10 Downing St (dated 10/12/2011) for a copy of the treaty that Our Dave "vetoed".

Surely it does not take three weeks to send a blank sheet of paper!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:09 am 
Site Admin

JohndeF wrote:
I am still waiting for a response to my FOI request to 10 Downing St (dated 10/12/2011) for a copy of the treaty that Our Dave "vetoed".

Surely it does not take three weeks to send a blank sheet of paper!

Well, they have to redact the sensitive sections. That takes time you know.

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:22 am 

I guess Cameron did say "I forbid" to the possibility of the FU being written within the EU's treaty structure.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:13 pm 
Site Admin

Stuart wrote:
I guess Cameron did say "I forbid" to the possibility of the FU being written within the EU's treaty structure.

He could not say "I forbid" to a possibility ... he could only offer a conditional response ... "If so and so happens, then I will do this". That is not a veto - it is a threat. Media-wise, it doesn't have the same impact: "Cameron threatens veto if ...". At that point, the nation yawns, and starts talking about more "cast iron" promises.

For this reason, I believe, Cameron had to appear to have taken action, and so the meme got up and running. From there, people believe what they want to believe.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:41 pm 

Quote:
Most Britons wanted that something to be a repatriation of powers from Brussels. We all have our lists of what we'd like back: farming, fishing, diplomatic representation, criminal justice, regional policy, immigration, trade with non-EU states. One item that is on almost everyone's list is employment law: Britain cannot escape from its economic problems while burdened by Brussels regulations in this field.

Disappointingly, David Cameron took no such list to Brussels. He didn't even seek a repeal of the 48-hour week – a proposal that was in his manifesto and which made it, in a slightly diluted form, into the Coalition Agreement. Instead, he focused narrowly on the area of financial services.

Which clearly tells us that he is only responding to his real bosses, the banksters. Everyone needs to wake up to that fact. He hasn't found a new set of principles, just something that scares him more than the EU.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:45 pm 

FU (Fed Up) wrote:
Quote:
Most Britons wanted that something to be a repatriation of powers from Brussels. We all have our lists of what we'd like back: farming, fishing, diplomatic representation, criminal justice, regional policy, immigration, trade with non-EU states. One item that is on almost everyone's list is employment law: Britain cannot escape from its economic problems while burdened by Brussels regulations in this field.

Disappointingly, David Cameron took no such list to Brussels. He didn't even seek a repeal of the 48-hour week – a proposal that was in his manifesto and which made it, in a slightly diluted form, into the Coalition Agreement. Instead, he focused narrowly on the area of financial services.

Which clearly tells us that he is only responding to his real bosses, the banksters. Everyone needs to wake up to that fact. He hasn't found a new set of principles, just something that scares him more than the EU.

Namely, CoL PLC!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:07 pm 

I am just reading your book The Great Deception. Fantastic read by the way. What I have noticed is that there are so many terms, acronyms, bodies, organisations, monoliths to do with the EU. Is there anywhere on the net that has an easy "one stop" shop that is like an index of what all these do, what they mean and what powers they have? I have started making my own list as I go through your book.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:47 pm 

Specialone -

This is europhile (but in disguise) so take care:
http://www.euro-know.org/europages/dictionary/

This is less so:
http://en.euabc.com/letter/A

Vive l'épuration sauvage!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:52 pm 

Clarence wrote:
Specialone -

This is europhile (but in disguise) so take care:
http://www.euro-know.org/europages/dictionary/

This is less so:
http://en.euabc.com/letter/A

Thank you Clarence.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:19 pm 

Off topic but seen this?

http://order-order.com/2011/12/31/exclu ... resigning/

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:57 pm 
Site Admin

thespecialone wrote:

Do we care?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:59 pm 

Anyone who refers to the EU as a "free-trade area" should be automatically and eternally disqualified from commenting on it, but within the MSM the ethos is always "Never mind the quality, feel the prestige".

Recently, Hannan wrote about "Mike Weatherley, one of the 111 MPs who defied the Whips to vote for an In/Out referendum".

Under 24th October on http://www.publicwhip.org.uk/boths.php we see that Weatherley voted twice - aye as well as no. (His no vote unwittingly saved the withdrawal movement from a catastrophic unforced error but he deserves no thanks.)

Weatherley may have voted twice so as to abstain formally (rather than remain in his seat during the division) or he may have done so rather more cynically in order to be able to say he voted to give the people a say (while keeping quiet about voting against and hoping people looked only at the list of "the 111" and not also at the long list of noes). Over and above that, Hannan should have pointed out that Weatherley voted also against an in-out referendum.

Hannan writes elegantly and this blinds the unwary to the fact that after his efforts at portraying the europlastic Tories as eurosceptic there's often no room left in his articles for the whole story.

Vive l'épuration sauvage!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:30 pm 

As Dave vetoed the treaty that never was we were prevented from voting in a referendum on the treaty as part of his block on sending more powers to Brussels. The Eurozone members are going ahead with their fiscal union.

The Irish however, are having a referendum, but the result will be ignored if it goes against the government because the pact is decided by qualified majority voting amongst the Eurozone members.

This is what passes for democracy amongst our political elite.

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 14 posts ]