Change font size
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:11 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 15 posts ]
 Post subject: What if
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:41 pm 
Site Admin

… the euro collapses?

Swiss wealth manager Sarasin reckons the impact will be a meteor striking the earth. Not pretty.

But will it wipe out the dinosaurs?

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: What if
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:57 pm 

Let's be honest, it's the EU itself that is the dinosaur, still trying to make an outdated and unsuccessful model work.
I really cannot believe the Euro hasn't already crashed! I've been expecting it imminently for the past 6 months. I've got all the stores in ready to cope without the banks for about a month..........

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:26 pm 

What will happen? Does anyone have an hour-by-hour, day-by-day narrative what is likely to happen? This would help us to prepare in advance.

Gerald Celente is predicting Bank Holidays while currencies are devalued. Might be worthwhile to stock up on essentials. He also doesn't believe you should leave too much cash in the bank.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:39 pm 

therewaslight wrote:

He also doesn't believe you should leave too much cash in the bank.

Not a problem for me :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:52 pm 

Me neither.

These crashes have a habit of wiping out vast swathes of the middle class and making an ever-smaller elite a lot richer. Especially those in-the-know who knew it was coming. It's avoidable wealth transfer. It's thievery. The more we can do to help the middle classes prepare the better.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:04 pm 

I read somewhere that one of the big lizards not only preyed on its contemporaries but survived their wipe-out as well...the Crocodile; which is doing very well thank you.
Eurogeddon is unlikely to kill off all the predators.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:12 pm 

"But will it wipe out the dinosaurs?"

I don't think so but we tar them, feather them and carry them out of the political arena.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:20 pm 

Monti wants the EU to Unite.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-16354116

Won't solve anything but sure confirms their policy to never let a good crises go to waste.

TAR AND FEATHERS IS WHAT THEY DESERVE.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:43 pm 

I don't believe anyone knows whether the Euro will die with a whimper or a bang.

As for the end of the EU, the Roman Empire didn't end with the Sack of Rome in 410. Rome had been sacked before and was sacked after. The end of the Roman Empire probably started at least 200 years earlier, and it split and reorganised. Power structures directly traceable lived on as the Byzantine Empire until the 1400s.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:47 pm 

They're killing the economy anyway
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/european- ... s-collapse

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:26 pm 

I'm sure I remember terrifying warnings (from Heseltine et al) of the same sort of catastrophe for the UK if we didn't join the Euro. Or was it a different type of armageddon?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:50 pm 
Site Admin

Charlie wrote:
I'm sure I remember terrifying warnings (from Heseltine et al) of the same sort of catastrophe for the UK if we didn't join the Euro. Or was it a different type of armageddon?

There's a thought ... the wrong type of Armageddon ...

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:08 pm 

Charlie wrote:

One of the factors keeping us out of the Euro was Black (White) Wednesday when GBP was forced out of the ERM which was the latest experimental form of the experimental Euro. As far as most people could see the economy took off after the event. Of course, it was deliberately buggered afterwards and we still managed to escape the Euro, but that's a different story.

As for Heseltine, he could be made redundant by a simple machine; pull the handle and a ticket stamped with "RUBBISH" shoots out. Add a simple microprocessor control and it would shoot those tickets out randomly without needing the handle, closely approximating the real thing.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:35 pm 

sumerizing 2011 nine easy charts
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/summarizi ... asy-charts

It's good to have a compilation of the recent history as it helps to plot the near future.
"If one had to summarize 2011 in one sentence, it probably would be: "a year in which the market ended unchanged, in which the world got within seconds of global coordinated bankruptcy, and in which central planning finally took over everything."

I really hope we come up with an appropriate response.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:06 am 

RAENORTH wrote:
Charlie wrote:

There's a thought ... the wrong type of Armageddon ...

I love it. Here, in the U.S., we adore variety and selection. That Armageddon might come in flavors not only reduces it's usual frightening aspect, it actually makes it quite appealing. You could even sell tickets.

P.S., If you do decide to sell tickets, price them kind of high and certify them as being special in some way, like 100% ante-armageddon or something. You could make a packet.

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 15 posts ]