Change font size
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:01 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]
 Post subject: Burn the boxes
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:59 pm 
Site Admin

Christmas Day television viewing figures for the major channels is significantly down on last year. The top five "most watched" programmes attracted a cumulative audience of 43.7 million, compared with 51.2 million last year.

Furthermore, this decline is part of a long-term trend. Ten years ago, Christmas Day 2001, the top five got 71.2 million viewers. The most watched programme this year took 9.9 million viewers. Ten years ago, the audience was 21.3 million.

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Burn the boxes
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:33 pm 

You say "...real power will probably only come when we burn our televisions. That is not going to happen for some time yet."

But some of us already DID. Back in 2008, when FedGov insisted on conversion from NTSC to ATSC on the west side of the Pond, some of us decided it wasn't even worth $40 of OTHER people's money to get the converters. Haven't looked back since. But I guess I should be ashamed that I'm not up on the latest of Jersey Shore or Desperate Housewives...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:24 pm 
Site Admin

mmatis wrote:
You say "...real power will probably only come when we burn our televisions. That is not going to happen for some time yet."

But some of us already DID. Back in 2008, when FedGov insisted on conversion from NTSC to ATSC on the west side of the Pond, some of us decided it wasn't even worth $40 of OTHER people's money to get the converters. Haven't looked back since. But I guess I should be ashamed that I'm not up on the latest of Jersey Shore or Desperate Housewives...

Well, if you are that desperate ...

http://www.free-tv-video-online.me/inte ... ousewives/

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:43 am 

Quote:
burn our televisions

Or the 'contraption', as Peter Simple called it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:49 am 
Site Admin

Stephen Jenner wrote:
Quote:
burn our televisions

Or the 'contraption', as Peter Simple called it.

Or "idiots' lantern" as others have called it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:52 am 

Now I think that there is going to be a new story coming up in the new year acording to my sources. the government has noticed that people can subscribe to Sky Sports etc. via their iPad or iPhone and not need a license even though they are receiving live TV. And so the powers that be are thinking about how to tax people with these devices. This will be interesting as people pay say £50 per month for their iPhone and then have a tax of £12.50 slapped on them, whether they receive Sky or not. Of course Rupert thinks he should have a share .... so you can see where I'm going with this.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:40 am 

BrianJay wrote:
Now I think that there is going to be a new story coming up in the new year acording to my sources. the government has noticed that people can subscribe to Sky Sports etc. via their iPad or iPhone and not need a license even though they are receiving live TV. And so the powers that be are thinking about how to tax people with these devices. This will be interesting as people pay say £50 per month for their iPhone and then have a tax of £12.50 slapped on them, whether they receive Sky or not. Of course Rupert thinks he should have a share .... so you can see where I'm going with this.

If you read the threatening letters you get regarding TV tax, mobile phones are already included.
EDIT
Quote:
TV receiving equipment includes:
* A colour or black and white television
* A computer
* A mobile phone
* A games console
* A digital box
* A DVD/VHS recorder

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]