Change font size
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:23 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 21 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Why we must leave - 3
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:40 pm 
Site Admin

Christmas is a time of good will to all men but, clearly, not all women – and especially the ghastly Cathy Ashton. In fact though, her very existence is a benefit to the cause, a testament to the very nature of the nature of the "evil empire" that rules over us.

But, it seems – according to Bruno Waterfield - even the "evil empire" is sick to the back teeth of the woman – just supposing empires, evil or otherwise, have back teeth.

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Why we must leave the EU - 3
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:59 pm 

Indeed,Dr. North,Christmas is a time of goodwill to all men,but,I have nothing but pure hatred for the political classes and their lackeys that got us into this mess in the first place.What we do to get out of it and,what do we replace them with will take some thought.
May I take this moment to wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas.
PDT_Armataz_01_42
:) :)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:19 pm 

Actually, good sir, if y'all left the EU, one should expect that you would have to pay her ENTIRE upkeep, since the "colleagues" would indeed have to put up with her but are not about to bear ANY burden of her costs...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:51 pm 
Site Admin

mmatis wrote:
Actually, good sir, if y'all left the EU, one should expect that you would have to pay her ENTIRE upkeep, since the "colleagues" would indeed have to put up with her but are not about to bear ANY burden of her costs...

Oh no ... they got her ... they keep her. She's all theirs. We really don't want her back.

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:08 pm 

That's my Christmas spoiled completely now Richard. A photograph - even one of the 'better' ones I've seen- of that woman is too much for my wee brain to absorb with any of the festive emotions. Arghhh!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:10 pm 

Ashton's job, obscene salary and perks was her reward for piloting the Bill approving the Lisbon treaty through the Lords.
Her prior political career was in what is now called the "Third Sector" the quangocracy where people are selected rather than elected. She was treasurer for the Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament at a time when the Soviet Union had a hugely superior tank army, able to advance at short notice from East Germany. She must really hate this country and rejoice at destroying the democracies which once appeared to stand up for freedom and limited government.

She may be useless at her present job but has realised her early ambitions in a truly remarkable way.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:32 pm 

I'd far rather see things like the Waterfield article suggesting that the colleagues are not happy with Ashton, than that her performance has been outstanding and they are seeking to give her an award for exceptional service.

Getting out of the EU may, just may, involve some very vomitworthy actions such as guaranteeing, or improving EU pensions, on the exit of the UK from the EU, giving certain parties who are in place and cannot be easily removed, a different set of incentives.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:57 pm 

Treasurer for the CND, treasurer?......you mean she ran the Saturday tombola fund raising evenings.

Looking at that photo, you couldn't even say that she ****ed her way to the top could you?

No surprise, coming from a political party which gave us; Bliar, Straw, Crosland, Balls, Hattie mad-dog, Jacqui Smith and lard-brain - Johnny Prescott*.

Quote:
John Prescott was Britain's longest serving Deputy Prime Minister and a key player in the Blair Government. His most significant achievement was to lead negotiations with 120 nations at Kyoto, resulting in the first treaty on climate change. He still works with the Chinese on their plans to build a thousand new 'sustainable' cities.
here

"His most significant achievement was to lead negotiations with 120 nations at Kyoto, resulting in the first treaty on climate change."

Made it up? Oh yes indeed but when compared to Ashton, at least Lard-for-brain-cell can say with a smidgen of legitimacy; "at least I did something to f*** up the world!"

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:10 pm 

Is this detestable woman chromosomal? Look at the eyes. The Peter Principle could be said to apply in her case. She has been promoted to a position at which she is no longer competent.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Principle

OTOH, I could be mistaken and what has happened is that the Dilbert Principle applies. This states that in many cases the least competent, least smart people are promoted, simply because they’re the ones you don’t want doing actual work.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dilbert_Principle

Either way, will no-one rid us of this turbulent cow?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:21 pm 
Site Admin

comet wrote:
I'd far rather see things like the Waterfield article suggesting that the colleagues are not happy with Ashton, than that her performance has been outstanding and they are seeking to give her an award for exceptional service.

Getting out of the EU may, just may, involve some very vomitworthy actions such as guaranteeing, or improving EU pensions, on the exit of the UK from the EU, giving certain parties who are in place and cannot be easily removed, a different set of incentives.

That is an interesting thought ... I suppose when we leave, we'll have to keep up pension payments for Brits who were on the payroll during our membership.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:29 pm 

Quote:
I suppose when we leave, we'll have to keep up pension payments for Brits who were on the payroll during our membership.

Bollox!
They sold their birthrights for a mess of potage. Once an EU citizen always an EU citizen, like Hotel California.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:40 pm 

I'm gritting my teeth as I say this but if it's a choice between getting out and paying Cathy Ashton for the privilege OR staying in I'd be prepared to pay up!! PDT_Armataz_01_19

Richard, have a very happy Christmas and send my regards (and sympathy) to Mrs. EURef and the rest of your family.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:01 pm 

Ravenscar wrote:
Treasurer for the CND, treasurer?......you mean she ran the Saturday tombola fund raising evenings.

Looking at that photo, you couldn't even say that she ****ed her way to the top could you?

No surprise, coming from a political party which gave us; Bliar, Straw, Crosland, Balls, Hattie mad-dog, Jacqui Smith and lard-brain - Johnny Prescott*.

Yes, yes. Ken Dodd's unacknowledged daughter and all that. Don't make the mistake of taking people like this for fools. In the world in which she's operated, she's clearly a genius - sees right to the heart of a problem from the off. No doubt at this stage she's a shining example of the Peter Principle, but she's doing very nicely out of it. I imagine that the rompable Margot Wallstrom is a physically attractive version of the same thing; very dangerous.

Fund raising for CND was a bit different from running a tombola. They were notoriously secretive about their finances and there's a persistent rumour that a good chunk came from the USSR in the late 80s.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:19 pm 

SandyRham wrote:
Quote:
I suppose when we leave, we'll have to keep up pension payments for Brits who were on the payroll during our membership.

Bollox!
They sold their birthrights for a mess of potage. Once an EU citizen always an EU citizen, like Hotel California.

If you take that line and talk of trials for treason or mob justice, it makes it harder to leave.

I'm rather inclined to the view that they sold their birthrights for a potty message.

The cost of these pensions isn't much in the scheme of things but I'd guess they are a small but significant factor in keeping us in. Getting out is bound to be messier than any of us like to think and it keeps coming back to things discussed before on this blog, the problem isn't altogether the EU, the problem is in the UK, so leaving the EU isn't the beginning and end of the answer, but it would help.

It also depends on the circumstances in which we leave. I've always thought that rather than make a positive decision to get out, the EU will be falling apart and will more or less make the decision for us. More or less.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:23 pm 

Catherine Ashton is married to Peter Kellner of YouGov opinion pollsters, an all-purpose general lefty journalist'/BBC type. This habit of left wing wimmin keeping their maiden names conceals thes relationships from the casual enquirer.

With regard to pensions etc from former EU employment, I think they should only be payable by the UK treasury on condition of permanent exclusion from public life at any level and employment with any business contracting to public authorities.

Another possibility would be a TRUTH & RETRIBUTION COMMISSION, preferably chaired by the late Judge Jeffries for England and Lord Braxfield for Scotland.

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 21 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next