Change font size
It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:49 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 12 posts ]
 Post subject: Fantasy politics
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:48 am 
Site Admin

You can ignore EUReferendum – a lot of people do. But you then have to ignore Booker, Hitchens, and even Hansard and sundry others, if you want to stay unaware of the simple fact that Cameron did not cast a veto on a treaty or anything else at the European Council on the night of 8/9 December.

Such is the ostrich-like behaviour of Tory Boy Blog which for its end of year survey of "Tory" opinion, asks all-comers to comment on such delights as: "The veto has been of exaggerated importance and it won't be long before we realise Britain's relationship with the EU will continue as before".

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Fantasy politics
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:24 pm 

Richard, you wrote:
Quote:
"There are many highly principled reasons why we should leave the EU......"

Indeed so, that is THE top priority for this Blog and its readers, as for many other political blogs too. But of course there is a veritable armada of 'threatening' issues on the horizon. e.g. How will the new Tough-Guy Dave handle a possible Falklands threat?
Then there are other priorities such as - the flat-lining economy, unemployment, the unfriendly Frogs and EU, break-up of Eurozone, and a host of other, sort of important issues, all peeping over the parapet for attention in 2012.
But what does Brave Dave himself have as one of his top priorities for the New Year? To legalise “gay marriage” – ‘cos he’s told us so. It’s called ‘getting your priorities right’. No doubt the poor deluded idiot thinks that on balance there are more votes to be had in pursuing such a policy, than those to be lost through opposition to it. I'm not so sure about that.
What a waste of more useless Parliamentary time and effort with such an irrelevant distraction.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:27 pm 

Myth or not it has set the anti furies lose. If he backs down on anything else he will be toast, as will any other PM.

How ironic that after all the lies told by the EUWhores, that a lie would be the catalyst to tip us out.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:03 pm 
Site Admin

FU (Fed Up) wrote:
Myth or not it has set the anti furies lose. If he backs down on anything else he will be toast, as will any other PM.

How ironic that after all the lies told by the EUWhores, that a lie would be the catalyst to tip us out.

Yes, that is rather fun ... he is trapped in his own fantasy and is now doomed to live the part of his own worst nightmare. Couldn't happen to a better chap, really.

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:04 pm 

This business represents manipulation on a scale and with such distortion that would have made Goebbels proud. It is frightening to see such manipulation. Why is it happening? At best it is a sign of the flaccid and superficial way in which the meejah do their job. At worst it lifts a corner of the curtain covering the cynical way in which the forces of evil exercise control over the minds of the public. Which is it? Or is it a bit of each? Where did the rumour start? Who started it?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:05 pm 

I have just watched a very interesting video on Uncommon Knowledge, with Peter Robinson interviewing James Delingpole on Climategate; Watermelons (the Green Movement) and the imminent collapse of Europe.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/james ... brilliant/

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:08 pm 
Site Admin

Bluemerle wrote:
I have just watched a very interesting video on Uncommon Knowledge, with Peter Robinson interviewing James Delingpole on Climategate; Watermelons (the Green Movement) and the imminent collapse of Europe.

Much as I love Dellers, his title rather put me off. I know it's irony ... or sumfink like that ... so I guess my humour chip needs rebooting.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:58 pm 

RAENORTH wrote:
Bluemerle wrote:

Much as I love Dellers, his title rather put me off. I know it's irony ... or sumfink like that ... so I guess my humour chip needs rebooting.

It was in reference to that soft interview that I accused Dellers of riding the counter gravy train.
We castigate our opposition about such sympathetic interviews, we should apply the same standards here.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:14 am 
Site Admin

The results are in ...

http://eureferendum.blogspot.com/2011/1 ... tupid.html

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:04 am 

RAENORTH wrote:
FU (Fed Up) wrote:

Yes, that is rather fun ... he is trapped in his own fantasy and is now doomed to live the part of his own worst nightmare. Couldn't happen to a better chap, really.

I believe that leaving the EU is going to be driven by events on a grand scale, which are quite beyond the control of politicians and Eurocrats, rather than the great idea that we would be better off out gaining ground. A government (it doesn't really matter what coat of paint is on it) will have its arm twisted to acknowledge, with great reluctance, the fact that the EU is falling apart. Cameron's contortions can be seen as part of that process. Shame we can't cut to the chase.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:42 pm 

Oh I don't know, cameron is indulging in another easy hit at the poor with his minimum pricing for alcohol. Having nothing better to do over Christmas, I am sure he spent the day in meditation, you know the sort of thing...."how can I steal more from the poor, let's see, ah, Christmas they will be looking for a little Christmas cheer. I have mine but why should they, who do they think they are, enjoy their holiday, I'll soon stop that. I've closed many pubs, the brewers are making money with high prices, I'll just give them a boost up, minimum pricing for alcohol. That should do it, they have fuel poverty now they can have drink poverty. I'm sure the brewers will look favourably on my next orders, bigger discount, he, he like 100%". Settles back with Shameron and a large glass of brandy, whisky, vodca and then wrecks the room. A true hypocritical scumbag, I am glad I voted for neither him or his party.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:06 pm 

Derek W Buxton wrote:
Oh I don't know, cameron is indulging in another easy hit at the poor with his minimum pricing for alcohol. Having nothing better to do over Christmas, I am sure he spent the day in meditation, you know the sort of thing...."how can I steal more from the poor, let's see, ah, Christmas they will be looking for a little Christmas cheer. I have mine but why should they, who do they think they are, enjoy their holiday, I'll soon stop that. I've closed many pubs, the brewers are making money with high prices, I'll just give them a boost up, minimum pricing for alcohol. That should do it, they have fuel poverty now they can have drink poverty. I'm sure the brewers will look favourably on my next orders, bigger discount, he, he like 100%". Settles back with Shameron and a large glass of brandy, whisky, vodca and then wrecks the room. A true hypocritical scumbag, I am glad I voted for neither him or his party.

Such is the moral panic that has been whipped up about this, that it might even be a popular measure amongst the hard of thinking Daily Mail reading classes. The truth is that alcohol consumption is falling, and most of the so called statistics are really master classes in how to lie, None of this matters of course, the truth has always been a minority interest. The likely results, more pub closures and smuggling, plus brewing of contraband alcohol that will almost certainly be many times more harmful than any good this truly stupid proposal will do. With "benefits" like this the only real surprise is that it might be illegal under EU law. Let's hope his Bullingdon club past is about to come back and bite him in the arse. Just when you think it's not possible to hate someone anymore than you already do, they prove you wrong again.

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 12 posts ]