Change font size
It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:24 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 42 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Why we must leave
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:25 pm 
Site Admin

There are many highly principled reasons why we should leave the EU, but down amongst the weeds, there are equally important practical reasons why we should get out as fast as possible. One such is the absurdity bordering on the insane of the ECJ ruling on car insurance for women with favourable terms prohibited by the EU's Gender Directive, even though women present less costly risks to insurers.

Now we see that, according to a Treasury paper, women drivers in the UK, as a direct result of this ruling, will pay over £900 million more a year for motor insurance than they currently do. But what is so very chilling is that the British government "made very clear" its concerns "about any move to prevent the use of gender as a risk factor in the pricing of individual insurance policies". It told the court that the ability of insurers to price on the basis of risk was integral to their need to conduct business efficiently.

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Why we must leave
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:44 pm 

Similar thing happened a few years back with private health insurance: up to then they had pricing which were different for men and women for one very obvious reason: women can bear child, men can't and so insurers factored in the cost of giving birth. What happened then? Basically the price for health coverage for men where increased...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:48 pm 

Slightly off topic but illegal immigrants need only claim to have entered the EU in Greece to stay in England according to a ruling today by the ECJ. PDT_Armataz_01_33

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:56 pm 
Site Admin

Brian wrote:
Slightly off topic but illegal immigrants need only claim to have entered the EU in Greece to stay in England according to a ruling today by the ECJ. PDT_Armataz_01_33

Yeah ... that's on my list to do tomorrow (later today ... depending on when you read thbis).

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ities.html

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:56 am 

Sorry, don't agree. Women want equality, then it swings both ways. Just like I can't have cheaper life insurance because I'm a bloke and likely to die earlier.

Same as women having to retire at the same age as men to get their state pension. Women want to be treated equally with men, same pay etc. and I agree. But you have to take the rough with the smooth.

We either accept that there are physical differences between men and women and treat them as such or we base every thing as the same. Personally I'd prefer the former, I'd not like women on the frontline in the army or in the fire service. I'd like a fit able bloke to be manning the pump (if my house were on fire), but I know from having a couple of friends in the fire service that they have to allow women in, that are not physically capable of doing the job. Same as if I'm having seven shades of shit kicked out of me in a pub, I'd like a couple of 6'2" burly coppers to arrive when the police have been called, not some 5' nothing girl.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:08 am 

RoadHog wrote:
Sorry, don't agree. Women want equality, then it swings both ways. Just like I can't have cheaper life insurance because I'm a bloke and likely to die earlier.

Same as women having to retire at the same age as men to get their state pension. Women want to be treated equally with men, same pay etc. and I agree. But you have to take the rough with the smooth.

We either accept that there are physical differences between men and women and treat them as such or we base every thing as the same. Personally I'd prefer the former, I'd not like women on the frontline in the army or in the fire service. I'd like a fit able bloke to be manning the pump (if my house were on fire), but I know from having a couple of friends in the fire service that they have to allow women in, that are not physically capable of doing the job. Same as if I'm having seven shades of shit kicked out of me in a pub, I'd like a couple of 6'2" burly coppers to arrive when the police have been called, not some 5' nothing girl.

I have to agree with you here Roadhog. Everything comes to those who wait, the sisters screamed blue murder for equality and now they're getting it they'll be screaming blue murder that it's sexism or discrimination.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:24 am 

Ah, but your Betters surely know better than you!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:30 am 

The EU: means shite diktats.

European carbon-air-tax is here!!

There is, not a single thing or benefit accruing to the ordinary citizen by belonging to this Statist Empire but for the boys in the 'know' it is a champagne cruise.

It benefits the rich, the corporatists, statists and MAINTAINS the status quo.

The gap, between the have too much and the have not enough, is a gaping chasm and growing wider by the year.
In Britain there are plenty of them out there, filling their boots and doing the [missionary] work of their masters in Brussels - the gravy train is still rolling and first class is chock full of them, it must be - take a look at how many luxury goods ads there are in the media at the moment [keep yer pound shops luv!].

The EU caused this socio-economic gap by massively over rewarding it's paid lickspittles and corporate cronies.....baksheesh and bribery, something for something always and further [by unprincipled shysters and con merchants] brazenly encourages it.

By stifling FREE trade and COMPETITION, BY FAVOURING BIG CONGLOMERATE COMPANIES, IT'S A CLUB FOR THE EUROPEAN POLITICAL ELITES AND THE TRAPDOOR IS FIRMLY CLOSED TO ANYONE BUT 'FAMILY AND FRIENDS' - OLD MONEY - IS GOOD MONEY AND the ETHOS IS:

"LETS LIFT THAT CEILING HIGHER AND HIGHER AND SHAFT THE IDIOTS AT THE COAL FACE".

Fortunately the inheritors of the poison project of Messers; Spinelli, Monnet and Schuman are not worthy, worse [for them] so incompetent have they become, that they have cocked up on a gargantuan scale.
The empire, is in decline [oh dear what a shame] and it will collapse but the interminable agony of its death throes are still killing us - the European air space carbon air tax, or female driver insurance [equality - wimmin plead for it surely - not the point though] - are just another symptom of the corrupting cancer that is the EU but in microcosm, are a small example of why the Empire is sinking into the pig slurry egress whence it was born.

Hear the wailing and gnashing of teeth from; Bloomberg, Goldman's, Deutsche Bank, BBC, MSM, Westminster, Nick Clegg, Branson and the rest - let them weep - they can join the real world, our cried out tears have long since dried up.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:39 am 

mmatis wrote:
Ah, but your Betters surely know better than you!

Militant feminists such as Harriet Harman, remind me of the Amazons, no men at all except once a year to reproduce, boys of no use so discarded.

I suspect that Harman only feels comfortable at home if Jack is running around in a blonde wig, pink dress, stockings & high heels like he's one of the sisters.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:50 am 

Rosie said:-
Quote:
I suspect that Harman only feels comfortable at home if Jack is running around in a blonde wig, pink dress, stockings & high heels like he's one of the sisters.

Ewwwwwwwww.....perish the thought.... PDT_Armataz_01_32

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:09 am 

rosie wrote:
Militant feminists such as Harriet Harman, remind me of the Amazons, no men at all except once a year to reproduce, boys of no use so discarded.

Please don't start me on Harman, who imposed all women short lists but then couldn't make the meeting were her husband was appointed the candidate for a safe Birmingham seat.

Back on the general subject of feminism. I remember as a 17/18 old ('82/83) having a discussion with my then girlfriend about it. And I said, be careful what you wish for. Because even at that age, I said that, women wanted a man/husband to be a provider and a protector/someone to look up to. Something that had been built in over many thousands of years.

Now, much as the press goes on about metrosexual man, I don't believe that many women really want that. They mainly (in my mind), want a strong, assured man that can look after them both physically and financially. The trouble is that with equal pay and feminism, that was something that was not going to continue.

Now, it is a bit of a conundrum, women deserve equal pay, but that then makes it harder for the man to be the provider. I look back at feminism now, and wonder how much was actually about women's equality and how much was about breaking up the family unit.

The problem is, that where as in the '60/70s, women could stay at home and the man could provide for the family, now, if takes two salaries to pay a mortgage, so both partners must work. Which is why so many women are not having children anymore, because to hold down a job and bring children up is a monumental task.

I wonder how many women actually enjoy the drudgery of a job in an office, reporting to some idiot of a manager/manageress. I wonder how many would like to have a family in comfort and be able to watch the kids growing up.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:20 am 

Brian wrote:

Jesus wept tears of hate!

If I've read that correctly it means that illegal immigrants who came into the EU via Greece and end up in the UK are better protected than UK citizens subject to an EAW that would see them carted back to Greece....

Until shade is gone, until water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the Last Breath. To spit in Oblivion's eye on the Last Day. Until all bonds are broken. Until the last embrace of the Mother welcomes me home.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:23 am 

Ravenscar wrote:
The empire, is in decline [oh dear what a shame] and it will collapse ...
And then there'll be another one -- just like there'll be another scam after Global Warming.
PDT_Armataz_01_19

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:14 am 
Site Admin

RoadHog wrote:

This is not about women - it is about insurance companies, and their rights to develop a business model which reflects costs to them, and not be restrained by rules which have no bearing on the calculation of risk.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:36 am 

RAENORTH wrote:
RoadHog wrote:

This is not about women - it is about insurance companies, and their rights to develop a business model which reflects costs to them, and not be restrained by rules which have no bearing on the calculation of risk.

Precisely.

The point is not that this is a stupid decision. Politicians make stupid decisions all the time. The point is that you did not vote for it, it has been enforced on you, and there is no means by which you can even complain.

I see that a 'consultation' (Ha!) is going on. What would they say if thousands of people were to write in and ask "I see you say we have no option but to introduce legislation which no one wants. What happened to the 'sovereignty of Parliament?' ?

Perhaps we should put a petition in asking Parliament to be sovereign again? I wonder how many votes that would get?

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 42 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next