Change font size
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:46 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: A waste of space
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:43 pm 
Site Admin

We should be grateful, I suppose, that we have a parliamentary committee of public accounts (PAC), chaired by the redoubtable (irony) Margaret Hodge MP. This is a committee set up to monitor government spending, in an attempt to ensure we get value for money, the role of the committee being, ex post facto, to examine specific projects and criticise government departments where it feels money has been wasted or not wisely spent.

But, in a sort of quis custodiet ipsos custodes question, who monitors the PAC and decides whether we get value for money?

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: A waste of space
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:12 pm 

Richard, what to say...I can't add to what you have said. I despair. I wish they would just issue us with rifles and ammunition and leave us to defend ourselves.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:19 pm 
Site Admin

john in cheshire wrote:
Richard, what to say...I can't add to what you have said. I despair. I wish they would just issue us with rifles and ammunition and leave us to defend ourselves.

With this lot, it would be a minor miracle if the ammunition fitted the rifles.

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:20 pm 

john in cheshire wrote:

No chance of that they know we would turn on them!

But i endorse your comment wholeheartedly

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:50 pm 

I suppose the big disconnect is that civil servants do not suffer ANY penalty for ignoring their employers and paymasters, the British public.

I hope they suffer penalties if they ignore their immediate superior's instructions (though sometimes I doubt it). But if you have someone working for you over whom you have NO CONTROL WHATSOEVER, you should not be surprised if they do not do what you want.

It might be an idea to consider a tighter form of control than Referism....

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]