Change font size
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:46 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 11 posts ]
 Post subject: Referendum times
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:30 pm 
Site Admin

Much has been made of Merkel's difficulties in financing EU bailouts, with the intervention of the German constitutional court. Ambrose Evans-Pritchard has been hot on the case, reporting how the court is blocking further moves to surrender fiscal powers to the EU, on the back of a judgement in early September.

However, very much in the character of a mountain meeting an immovable object, there was a whisper, mid-month that Merkel was looking to overhaul the German constitution, with a view to emasculating the powers of the constitutional court.

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Referendum times
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:58 pm 

2013?

Won't Merkel be 'history' by then anyway?

We should all be thankful, that the legal 'wheels' of the new Germany [intentionally made thus], ain't as fast as Sarko' and Barroso would like them to go.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:02 pm 

Dunno what to make of this.....if the Constitution can be sidelined legally then it may well happen, even if it is barely legal....that is how the EU has operated forever, so why change.

The result will be the same, ie German costs of funding will rise fast and get downgraded and it too will go bust eventually.

Seems the latest ploy in the mkts, is to flood them with liquidity, as one or more banks were in big trouble. which is highly inflationary. Add a possible German capitulation in and it's hyperinflation time, if it happens..... .welcome to Zimbabwe economics. The German people will just love that....as for the hard money men, they won't go down without a huge fight. Any politician that sanctions the above can kiss their career goodbye. So I doubt it will happen.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:05 pm 

The timescale shows they simply don't understand the nature of the problem.
Finding a cure for your cancer is great, unless you are being eaten by a crocodile.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:27 pm 
Site Admin

Ravenscar wrote:
2013?

Won't Merkel be 'history' by then anyway?

We should all be thankful, that the legal 'wheels' of the new Germany [intentionally made thus], ain't as fast as Sarko' and Barroso would like them to go.

Yes ... you are right ... a small thing like a general election! Unless the commission decides to re-appoint her!

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:28 pm 
Site Admin

SandyRham wrote:
The timescale shows they simply don't understand the nature of the problem.
Finding a cure for your cancer is great, unless you are being eaten by a crocodile.

Slow-motion crocodile?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:58 pm 

The failure of fiat money, Ron Paul's comment to US Fed EU bailouts
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/ron-paul- ... out-europe

We need real money.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:02 am 

What this tells us is that it is indeed the Constitutional Courts that are holding the line not Merkel who would have sold Germany out long ago had she had the opportunity.

I agree it is her fantasy, not her option. Nero fiddled, Merkel dreams.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:46 am 

I am thick I know, but why would the devil's spawn (Merkel) opt for Article 146, if she's got Article 23 at her disposal.

And of course, as you hint Richard, there is always the old election bypass strategy, as invoked in the UK, Greece and Italy.

As presented here, I cannot see any reason why the criminal classes in Germany, would opt for anything as unpredictable as a referendum.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:51 pm 

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Herr Hitler a dab hand at amending German constitutions?

B.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:02 pm 
Site Admin

bwims wrote:
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Herr Hitler a dab hand at amending German constitutions?

B.

Using referendums ....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_ele ... ndum,_1938

99.1 percent "yes" - a fine example of democracy?

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 11 posts ]