Change font size
It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:54 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]
 Post subject: Cry me a bucket
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:01 am 
Site Admin

Those watching the [climate] talks begin said it was an inauspicious start. "It is headed towards a real impasse in Durban, frankly, there is no way to gloss over it", one veteran participant said.

"There are very few options left open to wring much out of the meeting unless the position of these major countries softens considerably".

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Cry me a bucket
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:41 am 

I did post this on another thread, but Chris Huhne and the Climate Choir seems too good to miss, if just for the pictures

http://www.flickr.com/photos/deccgovuk/ ... otostream/

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:50 am 

I see Louise is getting a good slamming.....errr I mean in the comments section of that DT piece of course!!!!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:56 am 

Isn't the first thing they do, chat about.......and organise the next pis-- --...........er junket?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:03 pm 

The Climate Choir ?

A third or fourth rate staged "meeja event" for fake charitees - but then again, the media can only be spoon fed mashed up drivel these days anyway - even then they seem to manage to get it all down their fronts....

The BBC's promotion of the anti frackers reaches new heights:

BBC Points West from 13:25 in

And on the BBC Bristol web... a totally ill informed bit of provincial scaremongering

The regional news segment clearly oversteps the bounds of impartiality and makes a mockery of responsible reportage, disgraceful. It looks like the perpetrators of this scaremongering see Richard Black as a role model to aspire to and ape.

Pointless complaining direct too....

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:28 pm 

Given that it is in South Africa this time perhaps the climate jamboree could be subjected to massed ranks of vuvuzelas.

Durban has accumulated barely a third of the attendees of Copenhagen '09. Is it 'cos they is black? Weather is not climate but years of pretending it was really bit them on the bum with a few bad winters in succession.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:35 pm 

They've already had a storm that was the worst in 83 years. :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:19 pm 

RAENORTH wrote:
But even as the scare wanes, "defence chiefs" are seeing in it an opportunity to ratchet up threat levels by claiming that climate change is "an invisible driver of turbulence".
In some ways they are right, but it is a question of the use of language. There is climate change, always has been - long cycle, short cycle, local caused by ocean currents, deforestation and other factors. What there is not is climate change driven by a trace gas in the atmosphere that blocks radiation in a very narrow spectrum band. Somehow we need to disassociate the terms climate change from AGW, or maybe that is now impossible.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:05 pm 

Dr North notes that the Defence Chiefs traditional role is preparing to fight the last war.
Although a traditionalist generally, I think they should follow Hamlet's advice that some traditions are more honoured in the breach than the observance.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:56 pm 
Site Admin

Jonathan wrote:
Dr North notes that the Defence Chiefs traditional role is preparing to fight the last war.
Although a traditionalist generally, I think they should follow Hamlet's advice that some traditions are more honoured in the breach than the observance.

Actually, it might be more accurate to assert that our generals spend their time planning to re-fight the last war, as they would have preferred it to be. Certainly, our current batch of generals seem intent on fighting their preferred wars, rather than the real things, as presented. They don't seem to be able to cope with the idea that real wars are messy, uncertain things, where the enemy does not always follow his briefings.

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]